Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-10-2016, 09:42 AM   #1

Angry Warranty repair taking FOR EV ER

Purchased my trailer new august 2015...

Into the the dealer for warranty repair January 19, 2016...

4 months later....Still waiting on Jayco to send parts for repairs!!!

The repairs are extensive...I guess the one we bought was leaking on the lot, and no one figured it out until we took it to Florida...where it rained...a lot...We took it in immediately and have been without it ever since.

Anyone ever been through this process?

sr20ladybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2016, 09:51 AM   #2

Through a warranty repair? Yes. Longest was a hide-a-bed back cushion. It took several times before the dealer received the correct item. Overall it took at least 2 months, but trailer was usable while waiting.

So the leak you have is rain water leaking in? What parts are you waiting for? Have you called Jayco customer service about this?

oldmanAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2016, 10:26 AM   #3

I have not yet, but it's coming. Our 2016 North Point has a sticky slide. I called the dealer (300 miles away), and made an appointment. He said I should plan on leaving the trailer since if they needed parts they'd have to order them. Making me just a little nervous.

Jim
Old 05-10-2016, 10:55 AM   #4

And from what I've read here and on other forums, Jayco reps don't help any.
2002 Coleman Bayside Elite (traded)
Me, Momma and Charles (RIP buddy)
And introducing Sofie!! ;)
TWP723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2016, 11:02 AM   #5

we've been very patient with the dealer...i kinda knew getting into this that Jayco could/would be slow. just ready to get back out on the road!
sr20ladybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2016, 12:24 PM   #6

Mine's been at the dealership since the beginning of March now for warranty repairs. I kept getting the response from them that they were waiting on parts from Jayco. At the suggestion of a wise forum member here, I contacted Jayco with my VIN# and inquired what the hold up was with my parts. I was told by Jayco that I needed the Order Number from the dealership. I contacted the dealer and was provided a bogus number. After speaking with Jayco again, I was told that that they ship the parts 7-10 days after receiving the order, unless it's something that they don't have in stock. I was told that the longest a part would take to be received by the dealership from Jayco would be no longer than 4 weeks.

On a positive note, I was told last week that my 5th wheel should be ready late this week...we shall see! The last item they are waiting for is the new residential fridge to come in. One dent in the freezer door, and I just assumed they would replace the door...nope...they replace the whole darn thing! What a waste.
'16 Ram 3500 MC CTD Dually, 4:10 rear
'14 Ram 2500 MC CTD (gone)
'14 287BHBE (gone)
'16 North Point 377BHRL (current and hopefully last)
Bookemdanno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2016, 12:37 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookemdanno View Post
One dent in the freezer door, and I just assumed they would replace the door...nope...they replace the whole darn thing! What a waste.
A replacement door is usually several hundred bucks. Replace the whole thing and sell the old one for $200 off and everyone wins.
Gone-2007 National SurfSide 34DE
Gone-2006 ForestRiver Sunseeker 2900LTD
Gone-1994 Fleetwood PaceArrow
Gone-1978 Kit RoadRanger
apr1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2016, 01:58 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookemdanno View Post
Mine's been at the dealership since the beginning of March now for warranty repairs. I kept getting the response from them that they were waiting on parts from Jayco. At the suggestion of a wise forum member here, I contacted Jayco with my VIN# and inquired what the hold up was with my parts. I was told by Jayco that I needed the Order Number from the dealership. I contacted the dealer and was provided a bogus number. After speaking with Jayco again, I was told that that they ship the parts 7-10 days after receiving the order, unless it's something that they don't have in stock. I was told that the longest a part would take to be received by the dealership from Jayco would be no longer than 4 weeks.

On a positive note, I was told last week that my 5th wheel should be ready late this week...we shall see! The last item they are waiting for is the new residential fridge to come in. One dent in the freezer door, and I just assumed they would replace the door...nope...they replace the whole darn thing! What a waste.
So, in this case, are you saying that the dealer failed to submit the proper paperwork in order for Jayco to ship it? That would not surprise me a bit.
When I got my front cap replaced (by an independent shop) Jayco sent the parts (the entire front wall) and cut a check for labor to the repair shop ahead of time, no questions asked. I have been pleasantly surprised by Jayco's warranty service.
Old 05-10-2016, 02:12 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanNJanice View Post
So, in this case, are you saying that the dealer failed to submit the proper paperwork in order for Jayco to ship it?
I got the impression the OP was being very careful not to blame anyone - at least not yet. Interesting either way, isn't it?

Roger

TV 2010 Ford F-150 Supercab
TT 2016 Jay Feather 23RLSW
rkresge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2016, 03:08 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanNJanice View Post
So, in this case, are you saying that the dealer failed to submit the proper paperwork in order for Jayco to ship it?
I'm saying that the dealership flat out lied to me and never submitted the request for parts. They were going to work on my unit whenever they got around to it and keep putting me off with "the parts are on order".

Once I had confirmation from Jayco that no parts had been ordered, the GM and I had a face to face come to Jesus meeting! I all of a sudden became their favorite customer!

I'm due a phone call this Thursday for my update. Hopefully all should be done this week.

'16 Ram 3500 MC CTD Dually, 4:10 rear
'14 Ram 2500 MC CTD (gone)
'14 287BHBE (gone)
'16 North Point 377BHRL (current and hopefully last)
Bookemdanno is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
repair, warranty