Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-07-2015, 01:39 PM   #1

Warranty repairs

Just picked up my brand new 2015 jay flight 26bh Saturday.Already have a list of warranty repair work that needs done.

Split beam inside one of the cabinets it appears the screw mounting it to the wall was over tightened at the factory

Pee trap for the kitchen sink is leaking there is a small chip in the edge of the pipe.

One of the decals on the side has a crack in it.

Didn't think about it till I got home but there something wrong with the brakes.They do work but cranking my gain all the way up on my controler will not lock the brakes up.I think they are out of adjustment or they over greased the bearings and contaminated the shoes.

When I picked up the trailer the deadbolt didn't work,I noticed them and there repair was to lower the metal part the lock goes threw on the door frame 1/2 a inch now there is hole on the door frame from the old screw hole that I'm not to happy with.

Anyone else have this many issues with there new trailer?If so did everything get corrected?
WrenZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 02:17 PM   #2

I'll comment of the brakes, my previous 26bh came from the factory way over greased. The seal was blown on 2 of the 4 hubs. It appears common, because my second TT did too - although it was bought private party used and the previous owner swore he didn't grease them.

Others have had considerable punch lists too, and seem to get everything resolved. The quality of your dealer will have a lot of impact of your satisfaction.
2012 Jay Flight 26BH (Sold)
clubhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 02:24 PM   #3
Site Team

All my brakes were full of grease when I took possession. Jayco and Dexter replaced all 4 brake assemblies. I have noticed a few wood splits but have never bothered to try and fix them. They have not moved in 4+years.

Sorry you have to deal with them so soon.
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 04:20 PM   #4

Yep...I remember on my 2010 5er I had at least 10 items on my "punch list" within the first week. Some of the items were very noticeable...very disappointed that the dealer did not already have them fixed.
krsmitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 04:42 PM   #5

Warranty repairs

Just picked up our x18d on April 3. All three canvas beds are mold-stained & water damaged. When I opened the awning, a lot of water came out. Must have been packed up wet last fall when dealer took delivery.

Disappointed? Heck yes, particularly for a brand new purchase (and I NEVER buy new.. so this is a big deal).

However, dealer ordered three canvasses & mattresses, no questions asked. Also apologized & said they were ashamed it left the lot like that.

Work is yet to be done, but thus far I am happy I bought something with a warranty... because with my luck who knows what I would have ended up with.

Sorry you're dealing with issues. Here's hoping your dealer treats you right.
5swigerts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 06:09 PM   #6

Well I got ahold of the dealer it's getting dropped off Friday.I tell you what camping world has horrible customer service just getting someone to schedule me was a nightmare.
Old 04-07-2015, 06:19 PM   #7

Seems that Jayco finds it less expensive to have the dealer do warranty work than do it right at the factory.
Guess that's where the 2 yr. warranty comes in handy, even though it can be a hassle.
linkbelt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015, 05:08 PM   #8

I have had five cabinet doors come apart at the seams. It looked like there was no glue just one nail in each corner. At first I thought my cabinets were made on a Sunday and the Amish craftsmen were off. Dealer told me Jayco outsources the cabinet doors.
Old 04-08-2015, 06:20 PM   #9

We've owned our 2013 Eagle 316RKDS for 1.5 years now and we're very unhappy with the "quality control". We also had a split wood beam in a closet from a screw. lights in the ceiling that are crooked. bottoms of cabinets not finished let alone stained, mitred corners that look as if a 5 yr old did them. the front of the unit outside had to be repainted as it faded off to nothing within 8 months. shower faucet and bathroom faucets had to be replaced after stripping. Kitchen faucet also had to be replaced. And that's the minor stuff. my main gripe is that the "wallpaper" put on the walls behind the stove, -- the top was measured to short, so it was "patched" but the patch doesn't reach the walls on either side. Jayco does not want to fix this as that wallpaper is under the kitchen cabinets. but this shouldn't matter.
poor design also plays into factor here. The monitor panel is so high on the wall that I can't read what button is what unless I'm on a stool. Can't reach the light in the bedroom, why isn't there a wall switch? The fan for the bathroom is over the toilet, can't be reached unless one stands ON the toilet. Again, why isn't there a switch?
Overall, just poor quality control. I love my floorplan, even tho the bedroom is a little tight and making the bed is a chore. Such a shame because it is a pretty unit.
It's a 4 yr purchase until we retire, and at that time we're looking at a Allegro Red 37PA to go full time in.
As far as Jayco? I'd never buy another one. I sneer/laugh to myself when I read how they think they are a top of the line product.

RickyT's.
RickyTs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2015, 11:31 AM   #10

This 2014 Greyhawk is our 5th RV. It is by far the poorest quality unit we have owned. We have had it 1 1/2 years and it has spent a total of 50-60 days in dealerships for repairs and we still have more issues. We are wanting to sell it but the financial beating we would take is hard to swallow. This unit has had more issues that the other four RVs combined. We are now considering trying to trade it in on a 8-10 year old unit to reduce the cost of trading. So much for starting retirement with a new unit. I would never recommend buying a Jayco product to anyone.
bcpalmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2015, 11:59 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcpalmer View Post
This 2014 Greyhawk is our 5th RV. It is by far the poorest quality unit we have owned. We have had it 1 1/2 years and it has spent a total of 50-60 days in dealerships for repairs and we still have more issues. We are wanting to sell it but the financial beating we would take is hard to swallow. This unit has had more issues that the other four RVs combined. We are now considering trying to trade it in on a 8-10 year old unit to reduce the cost of trading. So much for starting retirement with a new unit. I would never recommend buying a Jayco product to anyone.
I agree...Our previous RV was a Gulfstream Amer-Lite. While cheap, I had less issues with it than my present Jayco 5er
krsmitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2015, 12:06 PM   #12

If I have any complaints about Jayco it's the little finish issues we've had with all 3 of the ones we've bought new. But from what I read online, not one single manufacturer is immune to this, unless you are buying a million $+ coach.

That said both HTTs we bought had one brake adjuster fall off inside and rattle around. And the brakes on X20E had to be readjusted. I just fixed it all myself rather than leave it at the dealer. A half hour of my vs. towing it to the dealer and back, and leaving it for who knows how long, and possible missing a camping trip.

Quite honestly, any of the issues we've had were very minor. Nothing structural or expensive.
DocBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2015, 03:43 AM   #13

Well dropped it off at the dealer Friday.Guess we will see how long it takes to get back.
Old 04-11-2015, 09:05 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBrown View Post
If I have any complaints about Jayco it's the little finish issues we've had with all 3 of the ones we've bought new. But from what I read online, not one single manufacturer is immune to this, unless you are buying a million $+ coach.

That said both HTTs we bought had one brake adjuster fall off inside and rattle around. And the brakes on X20E had to be readjusted. I just fixed it all myself rather than leave it at the dealer. A half hour of my vs. towing it to the dealer and back, and leaving it for who knows how long, and possible missing a camping trip.

Quite honestly, any of the issues we've had were very minor. Nothing structural or expensive.
I agree that all manufacturers can have some issues and I am happy to hear that your problems are minor. But in my case we have had multiple electrical issues, plumbing leaks which led to pieces of the cabinets having to be replaced, soft spots in floor and the jackknife couch needing rebuilding at a upholstery shop. I almost forgot, the motorhome has had three roofs, the first ripped and blew off on I-10 west of Las Cruces, NM. The one that replaced it was incorrectly installed by a Jayco dealer, for the third roof I was required to drive a 4400 mile round trip to the Jayco factory for replacement. But I am happy to say that the third roof is doing fine. I currently have another electrical issue, the floor in front of the stove is sinking further and just yesterday I found what I believe is a sign of another leak. To keep this short I have omitted some of the smaller issues.

So yes they can all have problems but Jayco seems to have more than any manufacturer that I have owned or my friends.

To be fair Jayco did cut me a check for half of my expenses driving to their factory to replace the roof, ladder and awning.
bcpalmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2015, 02:44 PM   #15

Well just got a call trailer is ready to be picked up,I'll pick it up tomorrow. They said my brake issue was caused by a 30 amp blow fuse on the trailers tongue area.I know that fuse runs the electric jack(only worked when connected to the TV)and I knew it was blown from me rolling the jack in too much.However does this fuse really have anything to do with the brakes or are they just pulling my leg?

BTW:I bought a kit of extra fuses right after I dropped the trailer off last week.
Old 04-17-2015, 04:09 PM   #16

I may be wrong but I think that fuse is only for the tounge jack. Can anyone else chime in?
2013 F150 Super Crew 3.5, 3:31
2004 f150 Super Crew 5.4, 3:73 traded
silverark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2015, 06:00 PM   #17

Send a message via Skype™ to ALJO
The T-Jack has its own fuse so does the electric brakes.
Pro Series 1200 lbs. WDH with Double Sway Bar.
Champion 3100/2800 watt Inverter/Generator-Onboard Solar Power
ALJO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2015, 06:36 PM   #18

I have to bite my tongue not to wade in on these conversations after the fiasco I had with Jayco. I realize that quality control in the RV industry overall is poor but Jaycos buzz words like strong faith, Amish craftsmanship, exemplary and innovative technology come to mind. Simply put When You Talk the Talk You need to Walk the Walk.
That's all Folks.
ninjahbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2015, 06:13 AM   #19

We had two Jayco's, a Eagle 5th Wheel and a Pinnacle 5th Wheel.
While not perfect units overall they were pretty good quality, solid units that served our needs quite well.
We have almost no issues with the Eagle and a few more issues with the Pinnacle.
Biggest issue with the Pinnacle was the large slide system with the Schwintek system, it always seemed to be overloaded and struggle to operate.
We have since purchased a SOB 5er, we have had similar minor quality issues with it too, quality seems to be a industry wide problem.
Rob_Fla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2015, 11:39 PM   #20

Well got the trailer back yesterday,I'm in no way happy with any of the repairs. Going to call Jayco tommorow and raise heck.

P-Trap still leaking
Brakes still horrible drive home with brake controller set to 11(not 1.1)
Cabinet beam is repaired but now bottom of Cabinit is not level(area you place items)
As For the door just see for yourself