Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-15-2017, 07:35 PM   #1

Warranty work done at local shop?

I would like to hear from those of you who have used your local (non-Jayco) shop for warranty work? Was it difficult getting Jayco to approve the work at a non-Jayco dealer? How long did it take to get reimbursed from Jayco for the work?

2001 Ford F-150 4x4 5.4

2012 Prime Time Tracer 2670BHS (sold)
2017 White Hawk 28DSBH (*Special Ordered w/ almost all the options in 10/16. Delivered on 5/19/17)
oldnnew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2017, 09:57 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldnnew View Post
I would like to hear from those of you who have used your local (non-Jayco) shop for warranty work? Was it difficult getting Jayco to approve the work at a non-Jayco dealer? How long did it take to get reimbursed from Jayco for the work?
My trailer developed a delamination bubble on the front end. I sent Jayco the pictures of the delamination and asked if it would be OK to take it to a local repair shop as it would be much closer to my home. They requested I have the repair shop contact them with a qoute, approved it, and sent the entire front panel to shop.

2015 Jayco 27RLS
2015 Ford F250 6.7PSD
DanNJanice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2017, 10:09 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanNJanice View Post
My trailer developed a delamination bubble on the front end. I sent Jayco the pictures of the delamination and asked if it would be OK to take it to a local repair shop as it would be much closer to my home. They requested I have the repair shop contact them with a qoute, approved it, and sent the entire front panel to shop.
Wow! That's excellent! We are purchasing our new trailer at a "superstore" here in Buffalo and would rather not return there for service....ever. We have purchased from a smaller dealer farther east of Buffalo that have been AWESOME as far as sales and service. Problem is, they don't carry Jayco! Would be really nice to be able to take our new trailer there instead of back to the "superstore" for any warranty work.

2001 Ford F-150 4x4 5.4

2012 Prime Time Tracer 2670BHS (sold)
2017 White Hawk 28DSBH (*Special Ordered w/ almost all the options in 10/16. Delivered on 5/19/17)
oldnnew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2017, 11:27 PM   #4

More importantly would be to ask the service department you want to use if they are even willing.

Many service departments find warranty work to be a hassle, which is why the frequently deny warranty work on units they didn't see.

I'm sure they would be happy to accept full retail rates from you and you accept the discounted rate Jayco would expect to pay.
2012 Jay Flight 26BH (Sold)
clubhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2017, 09:56 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by clubhouse View Post
More importantly would be to ask the service department you want to use if they are even willing.

Many service departments find warranty work to be a hassle, which is why the frequently deny warranty work on units they didn't see.

I'm sure they would be happy to accept full retail rates from you and you accept the discounted rate Jayco would expect to pay.
For three years I worked in the parts dept at a non-Jayco RV dealer. I recall one gal who decided to buy her 5th wheel at another dealer in central Wisc. She brought it to the place I worked at for warranty work. Even though it wasn't purchased from us, the owners were willing to fix the major & significant stuff. She became a major thorn in the side wanting and expecting litterally every little scratch fixed. (I should know, I had to order the new parts.) It got so bad the owners gave her a letter telling her we would no longer provide warranty service for her RV, only service work at the full shop rate. And since she was evidently so unhappy with her RV and the fact she bought it else where, it was strongly suggested she drag it back to the selling dealer for service. She wasn't happy. But we never had to deal with her temper and verbal abuse again.
Tail_gunner is offline   Reply With Quote