Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-13-2015, 06:13 PM   #1

Washed and waxed

Washed and waxed my 267bhsw today and thought I would pass on my experience. I found a new product on another forum that I am a part of called optimum no rinse wash and wax. I mixed 2 capfuls into 2 gallons of water and used my soft wash mit on one panel at a time, drying and buffing as I went along. Then I topped with 303 aerospace protectant for some UV protection. I normally don't do reviews but my trailer came out pretty amazing and it only
Took 1.5 hrs for the whole job! And NO hoses. I have done trailers before with buckets, brushes and hoses and this was by far the easiest and fastest job I've ever done. I'll try to post a few pics as well.
Attached Thumbnails
image.jpg  
Garce421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2015, 06:15 PM   #2

Here's a pic of the side of the trailer after the wash
Attached Thumbnails
image.jpg  
Old 09-13-2015, 06:42 PM   #3

Looks real nice GRACE421
ninjahbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2015, 06:42 PM   #4

Your rig looks great! I wish I came across your post back when I owed my Sunline. That trailer was brutal to keep looking good. Nice work.
Firefighter78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2015, 06:43 PM   #5

Thanks can't figure out why my pics keep going sideways. Sorry
Old 09-13-2015, 09:30 PM   #6

Dang that looks like it turned out nice!

My only thoughts are the trailer would have to be relatively clean to begin with or this product may not work all that well (seeing how there is no water spraying involved). Correct?
olyelr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2015, 09:52 PM   #7

We actually just got back from a weekend of camping and it was pretty grimy we got caught in a good rainstorm driving back and it was an all dirt road campground. The no rinse soap is supposed to be super slippery so it really melts the grime away and the mitt took it off easily and left it clean after. If there was caked in mud maybe spray it off first but this stuff really uses hardly any water and doesn't need to be rinsed. Supposed to buff it after you wipe because it has wax and some sort of UV protectant. A lot of high end car detailers use it on some grimy cars and it does a good job. I'm sold on it
Old 09-17-2015, 09:17 PM   #8

I have a Whitehawk and love 303 for my plastic kayaks but wondered what surfaces on my TT would benefit from 303?
GScott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2015, 09:21 PM   #9

The bottle states that it is ideal to use on plastic,vinyl,gel coat,fiberglass,synthetic and natural rubber, pvc, slide out seals, tires and EPDM roofs. Also it is water based so there are no petroleum distillates that will dry and crack some surfaces such as rubber and plastics and vinyl decals. I would assume the more stuff you spray it on the better haha
Old 09-17-2015, 09:22 PM   #10

I love it because it is a strong UV protectant and makes the finish slick like wax. Less stuff sticks to it like bugs,mud and sap. I spray it on Everything. Body, plastic wheel wells, wheels/tires slides, front rock guard, slide seels, windows. Literally every surface. My tt is aluminum sides but I would spray it on gel coat in a heart beat and feel good about it because of the water based. Working in environmental safety field I don't see how this stuff could harm anything on a trailer.
Old 10-12-2015, 06:27 PM   #11

I'm still amazed that you didn't use a hose for the washing part of the trailer and it actually cleaned it. Did you use it on your rubber roof as well? We just purchased the 303 protectant because we heard from another TT owner that it was the bomb. Where did you purchase the no rinse wash and wax?
campingnutsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2015, 06:38 PM   #12

I didn't use it on the roof but I'm sure I could have. The No rinse wash and wax that I bought is called Optimum No Rinse wash n wax and I got it from Autogeek.com and it really is that good. I learned about it from an auto detail forum and use it on my truck and motorcycle. And it only took less than 2 hrs to wash and 303 protectant and our camper was dirty after a weekend camping and driving to the campsite in the rain. I'm sold.
Old 10-13-2015, 06:18 PM   #13

I used to use 303 on my boat - used it on gelcoat, vinyl, plastic, everything... Sold that boat when it was 5 years old for more than I owed on it. Everyone thought it was brand new! Thanks for the reminder - need to pick some up for the TT!

2019 Open Range 374BHS
2107 Chevrolet 3500HD dually
Gone campin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2015, 01:10 PM   #14

Does this stuff clean off the streaks from the edges of the windows, gutters, etc.?

I usually do a washnwax as well, but I need a 409 type cleaner for the streaks...
gypsmjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2015, 11:42 AM   #15

Where did you get this stuff?
Coach33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2015, 02:58 PM   #16

What do you use to dry/buff? And when you say buff you mean hand buff (not a rotary buffer etc) Thinking of trying this on our Seismic.
P25ct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2015, 05:44 PM   #17

I detail cars and boats part time. IMO This stuff is good for washing, but it doesn't last more than a couple of weeks. Lots of more durable products out there like Duragloss 501.
Old 10-31-2015, 08:00 AM   #18

The TIGHT California water restrictions penalize us for exceeding allotments, and this is even with not watering yards. SO we followed your suggestion on the Optimum No Rinse Wash and Wax (Amazon), microfiber cloths to buff (Costco), microfiber mitt and mop (anywhere). Added a 5-gal bucket of water and a ladder - and DH and DW got the TT (hadn't been washed/waxed in a year) beautiful in about an hour - then watered the roses with the plant-safe dirty water (you wouldn't believe all the dying lawns and thirsty plants from the drought). The dirt and grime almost melted-off, it was so easy we'll be doing this frequently, thanks for the suggestions.

Genealogy Community Social Group Moderator
Hattie is offline   Reply With Quote