Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 11-27-2013, 11:46 AM   #1

Water hose storage

Just found an answer to my water hose storage problems. We usually carry two 25 foot white hoses with us. Went to Camping World and bought these. Now I can hang then up neatly in the storage compartment .
Click here:
http://www.campingworld.com/shopping...andi-hose/3072

This is not like those shrinking hoses you see on TV advertised all the time. These roll up nice and flat with their own holder.
Just thought I would pass it along.
Happy trails,
billb800si is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 08:59 PM   #2

I have some old hoses like that made by Toro that I have used for years. They are really handy, just be careful around anything sharp (including rocks) as they are easily punctured. They sure are handy for storage though!
Old 11-28-2013, 08:03 PM   #3

Do they have to be fully unreeled to use? The old ones I know had to be. I have heard there are flat hoses out there that do not need to be unreeled, but I have not seen any of them. As for storing standard hoses, I wind them up in a coil, connect the two ends and then use a few pieces of two sided Velcro to secure the coils together. In the trailer that is how all my cords and hoses are dealt with. Until I find something better.

2012 Jayco X23B
2020 Ram Laramie 3500 SRW Air ride 50Gal fuel tank.
2007 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab (sold)
Equal-I-zer 4-Point Sway Control
Jagiven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 06:10 AM   #4

X2 what Jay said ^^
Old 11-29-2013, 04:31 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagiven View Post
Do they have to be fully unreeled to use? The old ones I know had to be. I have heard there are flat hoses out there that do not need to be unreeled, but I have not seen any of them. As for storing standard hoses, I wind them up in a coil, connect the two ends and then use a few pieces of two sided Velcro to secure the coils together. In the trailer that is how all my cords and hoses are dealt with. Until I find something better.
Wow… connect the two ends… what an obvious solution to keeping your hose sanitary.. I have to tell my husband about this idea, as we are always concerned about keeping the hose needs sanitary.

Lady Wendolyn Jayflight 28BHS

For a tour of my glamorous, cool camper, and an "Ad a bifold door Mod: https://mycoolcampingcaravanadventures.blogspot.ca

For these Mods: Master bedroom shelving in closets and countertop extension: https://mycoolcampingcaravanadventure...es-camper.html

For this Mod: Adding a wall light switch to the master bedroom:
https://mycoolcampingcaravanadventure...ht-switch.html
Ladywendolyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 05:14 AM   #6

... connect the ends, too. also, a couple of times a year, or as often as needed, I make a bleach solution in a drinking glass and clean both hose ends, then pour it into the hose and flush it through.
OnTheGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 10:48 AM   #7

My flat hoses have to be fully unwound to use, from the picture it looks like the new ones do too.
Old 11-30-2013, 11:05 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagiven View Post
Do they have to be fully unreeled to use?
Yes, if a flat hose is wound upon itself it would have to be fully unwound. Otherwise it would have no room to expand to allow water flow. You MIGHT get a very slight trickle through it but nothing usable.

EDUCATION is what you get when you read the fine print.....
EXPERIENCE is what you get when you don't.
tnchuck100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 11:21 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladywendolyn View Post
Wow… connect the two ends… what an obvious solution to keeping your hose sanitary.. I have to tell my husband about this idea, as we are always concerned about keeping the hose needs sanitary.
If you're worried about "sanitary" then carry a spray bottle of diluted Clorox to spray on the water faucet. More than once I've seen people drag their drain hose over to the faucet to flush out the hose. Yuck!!!! Now I disinfect the faucet before I hook my hose up.
Happy Trails,
billb800si is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 11:19 AM   #10

I use a flat hose too. They are very convenient. The biggest issue I've had is kinks - the hose not only has to be fully unwound but also cannot have any kinks in it. This means extra routing of the hose to avoid any tight bends. It's not that big of a deal, just something to keep in mind (esp if you decide to buy the 50' one). I also use the pressure regulator before the hose (between the hose and spigot). I'm not sure if it's required, but my first hose fell apart at the spigot end because of high pressure (or poor QA...) the first time I used it.
Former owner - 2013 Jayco X20E
MonkeyClaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 07:37 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by billb800si View Post
If you're worried about "sanitary" then carry a spray bottle of diluted Clorox to spray on the water faucet. More than once I've seen people drag their drain hose over to the faucet to flush out the hose. Yuck!!!! Now I disinfect the faucet before I hook my hose up.
Happy Trails,
I once saw a dog use the water spigot as a fire hydrant (know what I mean?). Since then, I use Clorox Sanitary Wipes to clean off the spigot and hose connection EVERY TIME I hook up.

2012 Eagle Super Lite HT 26.5RKS
2005 GMC 2500 SLT HD D/A
troutslayer is offline   Reply With Quote