Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 01-01-2016, 07:46 AM   #31
Originally Posted by Hattie View Post
Two 12-volt batteries and accessories (cables, box, shackle), propane tank lock, motion-sensor night lights, and Pendleton blanket. Next weekend - set it all up in TT. Weekend after that - head off to the beach (same one where a year ago our batteries went so low the alarm went off at 5:30am!). That should close the circle!!
Practice makes perfect and I truly enjoy practicing!!!!!

Sounds like you are going tosleep well this trip.

2016 Jayco Eagle 330RSTS = "Madame Maxime"
Maxxis M8008 E rated Tires and 16" Wheel Upgrade
Dual A/C 15K BTU, 14K Equalizer WD hitch with SC
King Bed with Java Interior, (2X) Yamaha EF2000isV2
2012 Ram 4500, 6.7L Cummins Turbo Diesel, MegaCab = "Hagrid"
8'x12' BMCM Stake Bed, Cabin Chassis, 2WD
360 degree Virtual Tour
Fairenatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2016, 08:07 AM   #32
Santa brought us a 32" TV for living room. Will then move the 26" TV into bedroom to replace a semi-functional 19". Also, my son gave us a CW gift card for ----?

2014 Jayflight 24FBS Elite
2009 F150 Supercab, 5.4L ,3.73, HD Tow Package, Equal-i-zer 1K,
Progressive EMS-LCHW30, TST 507RV TPMS, Hydro Life HL-200, Maxxis 8008.
Best friend wife and dog Cooper. RETIRED 6/30/16. WOOHOO! Now the "endless summer" begins.
havnfun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2016, 11:20 AM   #33
Originally Posted by secal48 View Post
What is a centurion stove? I looked on the Coleman site because I'm looking for a stove I can mount outside also. But Coleman doesn't list one. Thanks.
Realized after I posted that I got the name wrong. It is actually a Gladiator not a Centurion (the brain ain't always what it used to be). At least I was along the right theme.

The stove isn't a direct mount. The 19H has a mount rail and gas port on the side for a BBQ (RVQ) but I don't like BBQ'ing that close the side of the TT, and really like out Coleman RoadTrip grill anyway. I still need to get a shelf for the side rail, but that isn't too big a problem. I don't foresee any issue rigging one up; Thule used to have a line but I haven't seen those for a long time now.

Jury is still out on which way I will hook up the propane. I can use the QC on the TT, but the propane is run through two regulators then, and apparently that is not recommended. I may add a second port at the tanks and run a long hose back to the stove at full pressure - that is how I use the RoadTrip.
Looking forward to the Coleman stove though, as the previous in/out stove on our pup was really quite small and hard to use 2 pots on the burners at the same time. The Coleman has a much bigger surface (and integrated griddles), so should be much more versatile.
2011 Jayco X19H (purchased 2015)
2008 Jayco 1007 PUP (purchased new, traded for the X19)
2012 Chev Traverse LT with TP
bankr63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2016, 12:12 PM   #34
Lost in the Woods
I told my wife we would go to France for two weeks this year. We both thought that was a better option than renting an RV for two weeks.

Besides looking at the top sites, I want to spend some time in Carcassonne and Pau, France. They are supposed to be very reasonable in cost and a favorite place for retires.

In fact, I have a list of a dozen overseas places that are supposed to be great for retires and I would like to visit all of them, rather than just plant myself in one of them.

I also have a list of places to retire in the U.S. that I want to travel to, probably use an RV for that, but first going international.

I kind of like the idea of renting a vila for 2 or 3 months at a particular location a couple of times year, then settling back home. Sort of an option to selling my house, buying an RV and driving around. Can't get myself to buy an RV just yet. Always liked to travel overseas, but was single when I traveled earlier.

Ideally, keep the house, buy a used dp under 80K making use of my service and inspector training, and travel both in the U.S. and overseas, but staying in one place for two or three months at a time and day traveling as desired.
RodgerS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2016, 01:07 PM   #35
Newly released insect screen for my furnace. Camco part # 42155.
Treatcg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2016, 01:48 PM   #36
A new Crock pot, heat tape and foam noodles for the water hose that was freezing.

2000 F250SD SRW 7.3 Long Bed Extended Cab Air Bags
2014 Eagle 30.5BHLT
2007 Layton 245LF (sold)
196? Shasta 16ft

Learn from others mistakes, you'll never live long enough to make them all yourself.
Eleanor Roosevelt
Edd505 is offline   Reply With Quote