Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-06-2012, 07:05 PM   #41

We love our 2011 31RKS, the 2 year warranty and the appliances as well as the quality of the trailerwere the reason we traded. Those 84 gallon fresh water tanks and a stand up shower and a never ending 6 gallon hot water heater keeps me away from the bath houses. Compared to our former Cougar 26FBS, I am partial to our Jayco.
rrman56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 09:24 PM   #42

looks and floor plan made me choose our x23j. Glad we did because we love it!

2013 White Hawk 28 DSBH
2011 Jay Feather X23J (traded-in)
2011 Ford F-150 XLT w/towing package
RoadMaster Active Suspension
Reese Trunnion Bar WDH w/Dual Cam sway control
jdorant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 11:10 PM   #43

Bunk beds was the key on the Sport165
muelldawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 01:27 AM   #44

Jayco had the bet design IMHO .....2 yr warranty helped too....so far we has enjoyed our trailer immensely ...
Old 11-26-2012, 05:13 AM   #45

The 23B had the best floorplan for my family. The fact that it was under 10' tall was the other factor. My shop has a 10' door and I was not going to park the trailer outdoors unless I was camping in it. I also bought it used for less than book value...that helped too.
Old 11-26-2012, 06:21 AM   #46

We liked the floor plan, they gave us more than we thought we would get on our trade in and we really liked the sales people there. They seemed like they really cared, it was weird.

DieselX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 10:06 AM   #47

We are on our fourth Jayco product. Pricing, overall quality, features, and the two year warranty are good selling points. However, as important (if not more) is the dealership. Our dealer is professional, and treats each customer with honesty and forthrightness. And their service department is second to none. We just had our Pinnacle in for some warranty work and had it back three days later! So, combine a good product with a good dealership- priceless!

'06 2500 Silverado 4X4, Duramax LBZ Diesel, Firestone air bags
'08 Tracker Pro Guide V-16 Boat
'12 Pinnacle 31RLTS
taviking22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 10:17 AM   #48

Being new to RVing we looked for something used that would haul our ATVs, was in good shape and was at a price where we believed we could get out of it without a big loss after we had learned a few things, including what we would want to live with for a few years. It really didn't take long to find a rig, and a couple seasons later we sold it for the same price we bought it at, giving up a few add-ons.

Having a list of "must haves" and "would like to haves" in hand, we found Jayco fit most of our demands. The mfr. had a good reputation for handling problems (which has proven true), most owners were happy with the product, it had the floorplan DW most wanted, and it fell in a range of prices we could afford. The 2-year warranty, solid surface countertops, porcelain toilet and good appliances were a bonus.

We couldn't get a decent discount within a couple hundred miles of home and had to travel a bit to find a dealer that also fit our wants, but we found one and that worked out great too.

There were other factors, such as sales talk about Amish workers, which is basically bogus, but they were minor. And a year and a half and 90 nights later, we're happy with the choice and are looking forward to well over a hundred nights in 2013, as we're going south for nearly four months. It will be interesting to see just how small that booger starts to get after a few months!
'14 Denali XL
cekkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 01:10 PM   #49

Floorplan for a HTT.
Grunge Grown Up is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 01:20 PM   #50

We chose our Jayco for many of the same reasons others did. Two year warranty is a huge plus. The floorplan is good, and I'm glad that for 2013 Jayco added a black tank flush on our 24FBS. Can't understand why they don't all come with such a feature. Also, I like the way the tongue is run through the front of the frame as opposed to under it. Gives more clearance and seems to be a stronger setup with more welded surface. First thing I'm going to do is change the speakers though. I don't consider myself an audiophile by any means, but I couldn't believe how "small" the interior speakers sounded when we tried them out. As for the outside speakers, we'll wait and see. My Milwaukee jobsite radio sounds worlds better than what Jayco installed, so I don't know if we'll use the outside speakers much, or just take the Milwaukee out with us. . . .

As far as the dealer, it's been "meh" so far. We're waiting for it to be delivered, but the salesman called us last week to see if we had gotten it yet. We told him we're still waiting for it. So it would seem that we now need to keep on them regarding delivery dates, etc. The parts guy that I've spoken with about hitches, etc has been top notch though. Cautiously optimistic is the best way to describe it.

2003 Ford F-250 XLT Lariat
6.0L Powerstroke V8
2013 Jayco JayFlight 24FBS
Equal-i-zer hitch
Tekonsha P3
BlueHaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 06:03 PM   #51

We have owned several TTs over the years, some good, some not so good. Had to sell our last one, and then went camperless for a few years. Decided to upgrade to a 5er, and started looking at reviews, talking to owners, comparing brands at dealers, etc. After about 6 months of that, decided on a Jayco, but not a specific one. Quality of construction, such as 5/8" marine plywood floors vs. pressed wood or OSB, great cabinets and tons of storage, and some really good floor plans made the difference. Then started looking for a used Jayco 5er. Our neighbor, who has one, gave us a heads up on one close by that was for sale. One look at how that 7 year old Designer 29RLTS had held up for all those years, was enough to tell the owner - SOLD. We have never regretted the buy, and like it so well that we would like it to be our last camper - going to try to keep it nice for many years to come.
Retired at last !

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.
tinlizzie23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 09:06 PM   #52

Our Montana got old and needed to be retired from the road- Montana had a floor plan we liked but were too expensive for our budget- Started checking out the dealerships in our area and discovered Jayco Eagle has a very similar floorplan- We traded and have been very satisfied although the mods are still a work in progress- The price was right, the quality is acceptable and it tows very well- This could be the unit we will live in even after we give up the fulltime lifestyle- JMHO- DD
Old 11-27-2012, 12:32 AM   #53

When the wife said " I like this one" that was good enough for me! We chose it for the floor plan . We liked the decor. The price was right. Bought it over the net as of yet no regret. I really didn't want to become a Jayco owner because everyone else was one. After being in the competitors trailers that offered the same floor plan Jayco was the most comfy.
Happily married and father of
two university students.
Cancer survivor
Murphie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 02:25 AM   #54

Once I started looking, I found that jayco had one of the better manufactured tts. Plus they have been around for such a long time, while still in business. When looking at used trailers I came across a few that we're no longer in business which made me stay away from those brands. while still wanting a jayco, I was also continuing to look for deals on other brand tts ( still in business), because i was on a tight budget, given to me by my minister of war and finance. In the end I was lucky to find a jayco model I wanted for a screaming deal from someone who just couldn't use it anymore.
3firetrucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 08:22 AM   #55
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3firetrucks View Post
Once I started looking, I found that jayco had one of the better manufactured tts. Plus they have been around for such a long time, while still in business. When looking at used trailers I came across a few that we're no longer in business which made me stay away from those brands. while still wanting a jayco, I was also continuing to look for deals on other brand tts ( still in business), because i was on a tight budget, given to me by my minister of war and finance. In the end I was lucky to find a jayco model I wanted for a screaming deal from someone who just couldn't use it anymore.
I am glad to hear I am not the only one with a tight minister of war and finance lmao.

Best regards,
Doug

Cape Coral, Florida
2021 Toyota Tundra SR5, 5.7 V8
2022 Jayco 240RBS
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 05:56 AM   #56

I've mentioned it into another thread but thought I'd re-post this little tidbit here for new members looking for yet another reason to buy a Jayco.
We were camping at Association Island in Henderson NY last Canadian Thanksgiving. We were on a waterfront site, facing lake Ontario. The winds were wicked that weekend, we had big wind gusts. I didn't know I was supposed to bring the antenna in. When packing in for the weekend, I wasn't able to bring the antenna down in it's usual place. When looking on the roof, we noticed that the caulking had lifted a bit on the lake side from the force of the wind and that one arm was broken. Took pictures and went to the dealer. I was ready for the bill and was told not to worry about it, Jayco fixed it. Now that is service! I wasn't Jayco's fault, or a defective product but yet, they fixed it regardless.
https://3dogsandacamper.tumblr.com
Boubou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 06:23 AM   #57

We had a list of criteria....floorplan, amenities, weight (2,600# or less), dealer support, price.....in the end we evaluated quality and thought the fit, finishes and value of the Jayco worked best for us.
Threebutchers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 06:53 AM   #58

Like others, we looked at several brands during our search. And like others, we kept coming back to Jayco models because we could get the floor plan, features and quality that we wanted at a price that easily fit our budget. While we have not had ours that long, we are confident that we made the right choice.
Power247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 09:42 AM   #59

QUALITY.....'nuff said.
"God looks out for the stupid, so I keep Him pretty busy"

2005 Dodge 2500 Diesel in proper Purdue gold and black (the Coally Roller)
2013 Jayco Swift 264BH
Soulman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 07:32 PM   #60

I dont see fit and finish any better than others. We wanted larger fresh water capacity and Jayco had that with 86..
2016 CTS 4 2.0T
2001 Oldsmobile Aurora 4.0
2015 Chrysler 200C AWD
33 RLDS is offline   Reply With Quote