Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-17-2016, 08:34 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxrider68 View Post
I have spent a good amount of my time and research reviewing Jaycos trailers in part because I really like the layouts and designs they offer. While I know no one makes a perfect trailer there are some who make a pretty bad one. I like to shop around before making a final decision. Are there any other brands that would be considered as equal or better than Jayco I should research as well?
It appears that you are in the PNW so if I were you I would strongly consider Northwood | Northwood Manufacturing(Arctic Fox, Desert Fox, Nash, etc) and ORV | Outdoors RV Manufacturing (Wind Rivers, Creekside, Timber Ridge, etc). Both of these companies are based in eastern Oregon I believe. IMO these brands are a tier above most of the other brands I looked at, including Jayco. Of course they are also more expensive and may not have the feature set you are looking for, which explains why I have a Jayco.
Also, the Surveyor and Wildcat Maxx lines from Forest River looked interesting, but I did not get to see any of them.

2015 Jayco 27RLS
2015 Ford F250 6.7PSD
DanNJanice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2016, 02:10 PM   #22

Yes I am in the pnw and appreciate the extra brands to consider. I also like the idea of looking ahead of issues and asking dealers how they handle any problems. I have pretty much accepted that no matter what I buy odds are something will need to be corrected at some point.
foxrider68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2016, 02:24 PM   #23

My next camper will be the Northwood Snow River 288BHS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Treatcg is offline   Reply With Quote