Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-07-2016, 06:00 AM   #21

I've done it both ways and with the units purchased from afar went to the local dealer for service who I developed a good relationship with. Third time around we hashed it out and they came in real close to my best offer which was 400 miles away so I gave him the order.

Now I go to the top of the list and can get them to fix something when I pull up. There is something to be said for that IMHO. Summer is short here in the NE so every day counts.

Some dealers will deal further you just need to stand your ground and give them the deal you will sign.

2014 375 BHFS Eagle Premier
2014 Ram 3500 Longhorn DRW CC
6.7 CTD, Aisin, 4.10's
Yamaha EF3000iSEB
3'senough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2016, 06:14 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by glbtrekker View Post
We just ordered from Colerain in Dayton, well..."Wholesale RV Club." I know you said you were happy with them, but how was the delivery/pickup process? Which location did you purchase from? We hope to get ours soon.
I picked up my unit at their Dayton location. Amy was Great to work with. Ron, their PDI guy was Awesome. Very patient and took care of any little thing we addressed. I'm sure you will be very happy with Colerain, just like we are!
Good luck,

Dave...

2013 Ram 2500, CTD, CCLB 4x4 in True Blue - SOLD

2016 Eagle HT 29.5 BHDS Picked-up 4/1/16
2007 Rockwood ROO 21SS - SOLD
Aero_Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2016, 07:28 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarGazer View Post
RV One you say? They have given me one of the best price quotes for me. I'm actually ready to go with them. Like others I do have a dealer close by to do any needed service work I suppose. Just wish these dealers would give a good price to begin with rather than making you get price quotes from all over the place to try and get him to come down a bit.
Here is the response I got when I reapproached them with the quote I got from Indiana RV Connection. Seems to be the standard BS line when they can not get you to pay more.
Attached Thumbnails
RV One Response.png  
King Bed with Java Interior, (2X) Yamaha EF2000isV2
2012 Ram 4500, 6.7L Cummins Turbo Diesel, MegaCab = "Hagrid"
8'x12' BMCM Stake Bed, Cabin Chassis, 2WD
360 degree Virtual Tour
Fairenatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2016, 08:29 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairenatic View Post
Here is the response I got when I reapproached them with the quote I got from Indiana RV Connection. Seems to be the standard BS line when they can not get you to pay more.

I said it in another thread somewhere but I believe it's the salesperson you get. My quote from RV one was less than Indiana RV connection. Also when I asked Indiana RV connection about deleting skylights, they came back to me two days later and said that they checked with jayco and were told no it couldn't be done...
SouthCo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2016, 01:01 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsday75 View Post
Wish we had this luck in the Asheville area.

Had good dealing with Tom Johnson in Marion on 2 trailers, but for the newest, we liked the Jayco and the floorplan better than any brand Tom Johnson sold.

The local Jayco dealer, (Miles) didn't want to even come close to what I could get price wise with a little traveling. I really wanted to buy from them, and would have paid more than the "direct" dealer to do so. But, I was not willing to pay $6500 more. (Plus tax on that additional $6500.) I was even told by the salesman he wouldn't waste his time to sell at a price even close to our quote when others were willing to pay more....
Strange, my experience with them was just the opposite, NO ONE could come within 8K of what they sold me TH in my sig for. And I searched the net and made calls to dealers much further out..It was my first purchase from them.

Jim
B&W RVK 3600 hitch
USAF Viet Nam Vet
NC Hauler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2016, 01:26 PM   #26

Clifton, NJ to Middlebury, Ind
Old 04-07-2016, 02:43 PM   #27

OldmanAZ, we looked around in Phoenix, too, and couldn't find a dealer there who had a model of what we wanted. We ended up down at RV City (Huachuca City), where they deal only with Jayco. They didn't have a model of the unit we wanted, either, but they said we could order one just as we wanted it, and if, when it came in, we didn't like it after all, we didn't have to buy it. We dealt with them when we bought our first PUP (our second one was a Forest River), so we were happy to go back there for our TT. Their service can be a little slow, but we trust them, and that's huge.

(We are in Tucson, so Phoenix is about 120 miles north, and Huachuca City, where our dealer is, is about 80 miles south.)
Jim-n-Ash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2016, 06:11 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairenatic View Post

Maybe I'm just tired but I'm not sure I understand what's going on with that email. What exactly happened? You got there and he tried to jack the price up over the quote?
StarGazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2016, 07:09 PM   #29

I bought our trailer from a dealer that is 2 hours from our house. I tried dealing with a dealer closer but they just wouldn't match the price I got. I saved almost $5,000. It was a little bit of a pain because I wanted to the dealer that I bought it from to do the warranty work on it. Although I could have gotten a dealer closer to do it. I just drop it off on our way back down from up north camping. When it's ready to be picked up, it just gives us another excuse to go up north camping.
tnmcouple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2016, 03:49 AM   #30

Bought our 2014 from a private owner 1663 miles away one way. Carencro, LA to Boulder City, NV and back. Found it on RV Trader and made a great deal, had a blast driving it home.
tjbroussard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2016, 01:13 AM   #31

You all are making me feel like a slacker for only going 1700+ miles to pick up my Precept 29UM. I ended up traveling for a couple of reasons, but probably the biggest is that the Canadian dollar is nicely depressed at the moment, so it is an automatic 25% discount on many units at the moment. The new units hitting dealer lots now are much higher in price and reflect the increased export costs and the depressed Canadian dollar, but any units that were ordered from the factory before the Canadian dollar tanked are still priced around the same amount as the they were pre-tanking- so a $100K unit in the US is a $100K unit in Canada among old stock. Same seems to still be true for used stock. The prices are almost the same. But that $100K unit in Canada only costs $75K in today's US dollars.

So I saved a bunch of money. Bought my Precept just outside of Edmonton Alberta, after trying to find a UM or UR closer, ran into a couple of dealers I wouldn't work with again for anything, and had a great trial by fire to drive it home across the Canadian Rockies and Cascades. Even got to drive in bad wind the first day as they were having 65 mile an hour gusts the day we picked it up. Fortunately, the wind had slowed a bit by the time we finished the walk through, but we had a bit of white knuckle driving to get to the friend's place we stayed at.
Tellington Touch Practitioner on Wheels
Dog Trainer on the Go - Wrapped Up In Dogs.com
CherieE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2016, 02:54 PM   #32

1180 miles each way, was worth it.
robert9999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2016, 03:06 PM   #33
Site Team

Farthest traveled was 80 miles one way. Shortest was about 25 miles. Next one---who knows.

2012 Jay Flight 19RD
2016 Ford F150 XLT 2X4 SC 3.5L Eco Max Tow
2010 Tundra TRD DBL Cab (Traded)
2 new fluffy Corgis, Bayley and Stanley
JFlightRisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2016, 11:15 PM   #34

Traveled about 200 miles each way to buy our Eagle 316RKDS via craigslist. It was 2 trips actually, so that's sorta like 400 each way.
ExxWhy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2016, 07:49 AM   #35

Send a message via Yahoo to frog
Newark,De to Grand Rapids,Mi 750 each way!
frog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2016, 08:07 AM   #36

I actually looked at my model in person for the first time at RV One in Orlando while on vacation from Boston because no one in New England had a 38FDDS in stock. They tried to sell me one they had in stock at their Buffalo NY store, but I was hesitant to buy from a dealer so far from home.
I ended up ordering/buying locally from Forrest Marine RV in Tyngsboro MA. They're the only Jayco dealer in Massachusetts and Jayco is the only brand they sell. Best decision I made. They have been nothing short of awesome! My next rig will come from Forrest Marine RV as well.
Old 10-19-2016, 11:41 PM   #37

7.5 miles one way. We have purchased both RV'S from Voyager RV. Very good people to work with. No pressure, no hassle. Taking TT in tomorrow for a last touch of warranty work and then she gets put to bed for the winter. It's not in danger of snowing here yet but the days are cool and the nights cooler still. As we do not "hookup" camp, I don't think I could bring enough propane to keep DW warm enough to go for a week...
Happy Camping
Northern Jay is offline   Reply With Quote