Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-18-2016, 02:13 AM   #31

You all are making me feel like a slacker for only going 1700+ miles to pick up my Precept 29UM. I ended up traveling for a couple of reasons, but probably the biggest is that the Canadian dollar is nicely depressed at the moment, so it is an automatic 25% discount on many units at the moment. The new units hitting dealer lots now are much higher in price and reflect the increased export costs and the depressed Canadian dollar, but any units that were ordered from the factory before the Canadian dollar tanked are still priced around the same amount as the they were pre-tanking- so a $100K unit in the US is a $100K unit in Canada among old stock. Same seems to still be true for used stock. The prices are almost the same. But that $100K unit in Canada only costs $75K in today's US dollars.

So I saved a bunch of money. Bought my Precept just outside of Edmonton Alberta, after trying to find a UM or UR closer, ran into a couple of dealers I wouldn't work with again for anything, and had a great trial by fire to drive it home across the Canadian Rockies and Cascades. Even got to drive in bad wind the first day as they were having 65 mile an hour gusts the day we picked it up. Fortunately, the wind had slowed a bit by the time we finished the walk through, but we had a bit of white knuckle driving to get to the friend's place we stayed at.

Tellington Touch Practitioner on Wheels
Dog Trainer on the Go - Wrapped Up In Dogs.com
CherieE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2016, 03:54 PM   #32

1180 miles each way, was worth it.

robert9999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2016, 04:06 PM   #33

Farthest traveled was 80 miles one way. Shortest was about 25 miles. Next one---who knows.
JFlightRisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2016, 12:15 AM   #34

Traveled about 200 miles each way to buy our Eagle 316RKDS via craigslist. It was 2 trips actually, so that's sorta like 400 each way.
ExxWhy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2016, 08:49 AM   #35

Send a message via Yahoo to frog
Newark,De to Grand Rapids,Mi 750 each way!
frog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2016, 09:07 AM   #36

I actually looked at my model in person for the first time at RV One in Orlando while on vacation from Boston because no one in New England had a 38FDDS in stock. They tried to sell me one they had in stock at their Buffalo NY store, but I was hesitant to buy from a dealer so far from home.
I ended up ordering/buying locally from Forrest Marine RV in Tyngsboro MA. They're the only Jayco dealer in Massachusetts and Jayco is the only brand they sell. Best decision I made. They have been nothing short of awesome! My next rig will come from Forrest Marine RV as well.
Old 10-20-2016, 12:41 AM   #37

7.5 miles one way. We have purchased both RV'S from Voyager RV. Very good people to work with. No pressure, no hassle. Taking TT in tomorrow for a last touch of warranty work and then she gets put to bed for the winter. It's not in danger of snowing here yet but the days are cool and the nights cooler still. As we do not "hookup" camp, I don't think I could bring enough propane to keep DW warm enough to go for a week...
Happy Camping

Northern Jay is offline   Reply With Quote