Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-06-2015, 10:43 AM   #71
Originally Posted by LarryJ View Post
U.P. including Porcupine Mountains and Copper Harbor (Michigan). Also stay by Eagle River (Wisconsin) and then ending in Door County (Wisconsin) before heading home, about 11 days.
North Shore Lake Superior, 4 days in Grand Marias and 4 days at Temperance River SP (Minnesota)..

Larry J

(Short trips this year, last year 22 days, 6100 miles and 13 National Parks)
Do you recommend a place in Door County? We have been there many times, but have only rented a condo. Now that we have a new TT, we are wondering where some good spots would be to camp in Door Country. Thanks!

BonnieL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2015, 10:50 AM   #72
Originally Posted by Scoutr2 View Post
Do not miss the Black Hills, in SD. The Mt. Rushmore area is loaded with all kinds of things to see and do. Custer State Park has no hookups, but a nice campground. We stayed at the Custer KOA - reasonably priced and full hookups. (We've stayed at the Hill City KOA, too, but it is HUGE - 1500 sites!!! Custer is smaller and more quiet.)

Go see Custer SP. Drive Iron Mountain Rd and Needles Highway (can't take your trailer there - you'll see why). See Mt Rushmore (hike the President's Trail) in the daytime - then go back for the evening show when they entertain, then light up the mountain. Also visit the Crazy Horse sculpture project.

At Keystone - or Hill City - you can ride a steam train through the mountains from one end to the other, then back (either way). Lots of shops and restaurants, and a museum or two in either town.

If you have kids, you'll want to go to Bear Country - a drive-thru wildlife park. Well worth the money!

And Wind Cave is in the area too - a national park. We took the cave tour. Very interesting and different from the other caves we've been in.

If you have time, Badlands NP is just east on I-90 - about 85 miles. We stayed at the White River KOA. Badlands is worth driving through and hiking around some - a day, anyway. And as you leave, drive north to Wall, SD - for your free glass of ice water! LOL! That's been their hook since the 1800s. Even though it's a tourist trap, it's well worth a visit, just for some great burgers and ice cream. (And you'll buy T-shirts, I'm sure!)

You asked for ideas. here's a few, all less than 100 miles apart.

Custer State Park has electric hookups, but not full hookups. We are staying in the Game Lodge campground the 2nd week of June. Looking forward to a great time!

BonnieL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2015, 02:26 PM   #73
Grundy Lake Provincial Park for 8 nights in August.

Click image for larger version

Name:	gruny lake.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	164.3 KB
ID:	17959
2009 Jayco X23J
2011 Ford F150 XTR 4x4 Crew
Travel with wife, two boys, food and Canadian beer of course
coondog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2015, 08:02 PM   #74
Ok. Time for our big trip to Kentucky!! Pick up the TT from storage tomorrow and start to prep it for a Friday morning departure!! This has got to be the longest week I've had since I was waiting to get the trailer delivered to the dealership!!!
Brian, Michelle and 2 boys
2010 Toyota Tundra Crew Max 5.7L
2015 Jayco White Hawk 33BHBS Summit Edition, Glacier Package
Equil-I-Zer WDH
Bsikes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2015, 09:26 PM   #75
Mine will be a trip to Virginia Beach for a week without DW and DS#2 who have other commitments. So it'll be just me, DS#1 (11) and the dog ... and two of my nieces (11 and 8) who have been itching to go with us for a while now. The trip will be interesting regardless of how it turns out, but I'm hoping it'll be for really fun reasons.
2015 Octane T32C
2012 Ford F-250 Lariat/FX4/Diesel
DustyGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2015, 09:39 PM   #76
What's your "big trip" planned for this summer?

Driving from Hamilton Ontario to Victoria BC... 4500km.Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1433907776.545661.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	105.2 KB
ID:	18600

2013 Jayco Sport
Ontario, Canada
emjayuu is offline   Reply With Quote