Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 11-30-2016, 08:54 AM   #41

Norty, I also forgot to mention. Save the little corner you tore off to utilize to clean under you fingernail!!!!

I had forgot about the corncob method. That was the way we did it at the outhouse.

Shorty
Shorty Cox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2016, 10:03 AM   #42
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shorty Cox View Post
Norty, I also forgot to mention. Save the little corner you tore off to utilize to clean under you fingernail!!!!

I had forgot about the corncob method. That was the way we did it at the outhouse.

Shorty
I know but did not want to egg you on!
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2016, 10:21 PM   #43

I care

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bassdogs View Post
Prefer clean unused paper when the urge comes. I refuse to give an intelligent answer to such a question. Sorry. This stuff is going down a pipe at the dump station at a campground so Who Cares?? You're not going to clog up your septic tank, maybe someone elses but again, Who Cares?
Our lights always read full on our black tank, RED! Every 2 days the toilet paper and any liquids were coming up to the top of the toilet. We had to auger it 3x to get everything down, straight down then a 45 degree turn! It was terrible. So I simply thought it was that we were using Costco paper! Also Im curious as we have never known, we have a foot flush and have to bring it back up with our foot to keep the water from continuing to run, is this what everybody does, we worry about the grandkiddos coming over and not knowing how to get the water to stop. Also, Ive woke up to the bathroom floor flooded and it was fresh water but not sure where it came from. On a 2nd attempt to flood, the water looked fresh again and was coming out of the front of the toilet.
360Bridges is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2016, 10:22 PM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bassdogs View Post
Prefer clean unused paper when the urge comes. I refuse to give an intelligent answer to such a question. Sorry. This stuff is going down a pipe at the dump station at a campground so Who Cares?? You're not going to clog up your septic tank, maybe someone elses but again, Who Cares?
Don't worry I didnt think you gave an intelligent answer!
360Bridges is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2017, 08:10 PM   #45

OMG!!! I havent laughed this hard in a long time.
Old 03-09-2017, 09:34 PM   #46

Some funny $#!+ answers! However, for years we used Scott one ply in the trailers that we have towed since 1983. After reading here how good Costco Kirkland brand was in an RV, and we use it at home, we tried it in the trailer.

Apparently, whatever is in my black water tank isn't toxic enough to break down the Kirkland as it added to the "Poo Pyramid" problem. We are back to the Scott one-ply and no problems since.

Murff

2015 White Hawk 20MRB (It's last year)
2017 F150 2.7 Eco Boost 3.73 Gears

Murff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2017, 11:48 PM   #47

Quote:
We use the following method.

Take on sheet of any kind of toilet paper, fold it in quarter, (fold in half, then in half again) tear the middle corner off, then unfold.

Shorty
I save the middle corner for when I cut myself shaving.
Attached Thumbnails
image.jpeg  
Old 03-10-2017, 07:48 AM   #48

Quick tip, add about 1/2 cup of liquid laundry soap, the cheap stuff, with a bucket of water, in the black tank,BEFORE YOU LEAVE, this washes the tank, and makes the "stuff" slicker when you drain, smells better too, still add your tank chemicals what ever you choose, been doing this for years, we use the Scott's paper, Target has it.

Happy Emptying & great trips too!\

Buckeyejim
Columbus OH
Eagle
buckeyejim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2017, 04:31 PM   #49

Good old Costco hiney wipe. IMO, I can't believe some buy a trailer and don't use their bathroom for #2. That's like having a bass boat you don't bring a fish into. I've had the worst case scenario with TWO trailers that just would not dump. Bad designs. One even went back to the factory to be inspected and reworked. I finally just quit worrying about the quality of my dumping of the tank, and bought a macerator. After driving home, what hadn't dumped was whipped to snot from the jostling on the way home, and I sent it to the septic.
Now, our last two trailers, I have used standard septic paper. I finally got rid of the callouses on my $&@# from the RV True Grit. I returned to my ways, and use a sewer solution, back flush with it, and dump several buckets down the throne before leaving for home. Sometimes, I use the wand if I have non-RV users as company. I always keep 5-6 gallons in the black with geo or tank additive to prevent the brown trouts that don't get out from becoming concrete, but I have mirrored the tanks, and they are almost clean enough to use as beer coolers. That said, if we are camping within two weeks, I forgo the several rinse cycles and being so... anal? Um, retentive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
kampfirekid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2017, 04:35 PM   #50

Scott, never had a problem in 9 years.
Old 03-10-2017, 06:14 PM   #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by kampfirekid View Post
Good old Costco hiney wipe.
You just destroyed me with that post.

We use Scotts for septic, plenty of water when flushing, and the black tank flush after dumping the tank. Oh, and we use Happy Camper tank treatment. That stuff is AMAZING. If you fill your holding tank completely before dumping it annihilates the TP. I've got a clear elbow on my dump hose and I almost never see paper. No odor from the tank either, even on the hottest summer days. Happy Camper is well named (and nope, I don't own the company!).
Our White Hawk photo album
Mikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2017, 02:55 PM   #52

Scott Rapid-Dissolving

2012 Pinnacle 36KPTS - Kitchen Pantry Triple Slide
Mor/Ryde suspension and pin box, Dual pane windows, Auto Leveling System, 2 A/C's, Sailun G's and more...
View photos

Our Trip Journal
Larry G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2017, 04:07 PM   #53

I love some of these responses. Made me laugh and I thank you for that. We use Angel Soft. We have never had an issue with our tank. Although we had our 5 year old granddaughter use almost a whole roll, it still emptied like a champ. Took a few cleanings though.
Jaakkandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2017, 10:48 AM   #54

Quote:
We use the following method.

Take on sheet of any kind of toilet paper, fold it in quarter, (fold in half, then in half again) tear the middle corner off, then unfold. This will create a hole in the exact center of the sheet. Stick your finger through the hole and wipe with the finger, use the sheet to then wipe off the finger. Discard the sheet and your are good to go!!!!

lol

Shorty
Oh! And use the little torn off piece to clean the fingernail.
Old 03-12-2017, 11:01 AM   #55

Told DW she can't use toilet paper in the RV. Hope she doesn't read this thread.

Traded: 2018 RAM 3500 DRW, 4X4, 4.10, 6.4 Hemi, Curt A20 hitch, Tire Minder

2018 North Point 315rlts with most of the options.
JohnWedell is offline   Reply With Quote