Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 12-10-2012, 09:36 PM   #21

[QUOTE=Grumpytrkr;107478]Where in Brown County, Indiana did you stay? QUOTE]

We stayed at Brown County State Park and loved it. it is a beautiful campground and we were able to mountain bike the 25 miles of trails in the park right from the campsite.

My only complaint is that the town of Nashville seems to roll up the sidewalks at 6pm. :-)
Allamuchy Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 10:20 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snake Plissken View Post
Have you tried Otsego State Park in Grayling? That's my favorite campground in MI and very close to Hartwick.
I have not tried that park yet, but have heard good things about it. If all goes well, summer of 2013 will find us camping at least a couple of days at Tahquemenon State Park and the Porcupine Mountains State Park. If everything doesn't go as planned, we'll hit several state parks in the lower peninsula. Otsego and one of the Higgins Lake State Parks, Silver Lake State Park, and Hoffmaster State Park are all on the list, as well as some close to home parks such as Brighton, Pinckney, Seven Lakes, etc. We'll see; it's tough to make plans with our busy schedules. Happy Camping!!
pm1stnau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 10:51 PM   #23

We enjoyed our first year with our 2012 32bhds. We got out as much as possible. I even took it out myself when my hubby couldn't get away. Very easy to drive.
April ~ Hocking Hills Ohio State Park
May ~ Brookville Indiana State Park
June ~ East Harbor Ohio State Park and Franklin County Indiana Fairgrounds
July ~ Butler County Ohio Fair (My boys are in 4H)
August ~ Sleeping Bear Dunes Nat'l Park, Platte River Campground, and Mears State Park (Lake Michigan side)
September ~ Cowan Lake Ohio State Park and Franklin County Indiana Fairgrounds (Tractor show)
October ~ Hueston Woods Ohio State Park and Whitewater Memorial State Park Indiana and Liberty Indiana on our family farm
10 trips and 44 nights. We stayed relatively close to home and are planning a week in Gatlinburg in April and another long trip to Mackinac and Sault Ste. Marie August 2013. I'm sure we will add on as we go.
Old 12-11-2012, 10:27 AM   #24

Since we left Ottawa in Mid Oct
Boston then down 81 staying at WalMarts and Flying J's then finally in Pensacola till the end of Jan.

2012 Greyhawk 31 FK
Flat towing a 2008 Miata.
reitrof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 07:53 PM   #25
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by pm1stnau View Post
I have not tried that park yet, but have heard good things about it. If all goes well, summer of 2013 will find us camping at least a couple of days at Tahquemenon State Park and the Porcupine Mountains State Park. If everything doesn't go as planned, we'll hit several state parks in the lower peninsula. Otsego and one of the Higgins Lake State Parks, Silver Lake State Park, and Hoffmaster State Park are all on the list, as well as some close to home parks such as Brighton, Pinckney, Seven Lakes, etc. We'll see; it's tough to make plans with our busy schedules. Happy Camping!!
I recommend South Higgins over North Higgins. The sites are bigger and South actually has some full hook-up sites. Hoffmaster is nice too but I seem to recall the walk to the beach was very long.

2007 Jayco Feather 19H
2008 Ford Explorer SportTrac
Snake Plissken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 10:47 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snake Plissken View Post
I recommend South Higgins over North Higgins. The sites are bigger and South actually has some full hook-up sites. Hoffmaster is nice too but I seem to recall the walk to the beach was very long.
Thanks for the tips, Snake. Everything that we've seen on the west side of Michigan is nice, even Ludington despite the raccoon problem. I have been looking forward to a trip to Higgins Lake; sad to say, but being a Michigan resident for 39 years, I've never been there.
pm1stnau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 07:01 AM   #27

We went to Charleston four days for our first trip in April. Then went on weekend trips to Myakka & Hillsboro River state parks. In the summer, we went north and spent two months on Cape Cod. We are now back home in FL for the winter and thinking of what to do next year.

John & Nancy
Jay Feather 25Z 2007
Ford F-150 XLT 5.4 Triton 2008
TeamFoxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 07:14 AM   #28

Walt Disney World (Ft. Wilderness) twice, Gulf Shores, Chicago, Mackinac MI, Defeated Creek (Carthage TN), Huntsville, Gatlingburg TN. and many points in between.

Oh the joys of retirement.
Old 12-12-2012, 07:49 PM   #29

We picked up our new TT in July but since we had used up a lot of our vacation time going to Alaska (cruise and land tour) we didn't have a lot of time to camp. We made one local four day trip to Wildwood State Park and a five day trip to Lancaster, PA. Next year we start the season with a trip to Disney's Ft. Wildness Campground in Florida with stops in Virginia Beach and Savanna, GA. Can't wait to take the cover off and get going .

2018 Jayco 28RLS
2012 F-250 6.2L 3.73
Equalizer Hitch
Yamaha 2400ISHC
2edgesword is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 08:03 PM   #30

We think it was the fuel pump. The fuel rails were dumping hot fuel back into the tank causing the fuel pump to overheat. We had to stop every 5, 20, 30, mi. On a fresh tank we could get more distance. Sold the truck to my best friends (actually they were with us) son in law he hasn't had a problem. By the way I told the wife the trip couldn't get worse it did! We got caught in a hail storm damaged the front of the travel trailer as well. We had trouble with our new Coleman trailer on a trip but that's a whole nuther story.
Old 12-24-2012, 12:22 AM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotrod51 View Post
We think it was the fuel pump. The fuel rails were dumping hot fuel back into the tank causing the fuel pump to overheat. We had to stop every 5, 20, 30, mi. On a fresh tank we could get more distance. Sold the truck to my best friends (actually they were with us) son in law he hasn't had a problem. By the way I told the wife the trip couldn't get worse it did! We got caught in a hail storm damaged the front of the travel trailer as well. We had trouble with our new Coleman trailer on a trip but that's a whole nuther story.
Oh, never say it couldn't get worse!!!! That just means that Murphy's Law will come around and bit you!!!!

Regards,

Rick "Grumpy" Bond
2004 Dodge 2500
2012 Jayco Eagle 330RLTS
NRA Endowment Member
VFW Life Member
Grumpytrkr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 12:28 AM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
Walt Disney World (Ft. Wilderness) twice, Gulf Shores, Chicago, Mackinac MI, Defeated Creek (Carthage TN), Huntsville, Gatlingburg TN. and many points in between.

Oh the joys of retirement.
We are hoping for a Ft. Wilderness vacation in April. Nothing nailed down, yet. My wife and I will be married 25 years in April, and I told here that she you pick where she wants to go for an anniversary trip. It is between Branson and Ft. Wilderness. When she tells me, I'll know.

I see you were at Mackinac. Was this for the National Rally? If it was, were you parked on the end? I've seen your unit, or a unit just like yours, and I'm thinking it was Michigan. We enjoyed the place so much that we stayed an extra week to check out the U.P. Had a great time. We want to attend the rally in North Carolina next year.

Regards,

Rick "Grumpy" Bond
2004 Dodge 2500
2012 Jayco Eagle 330RLTS
NRA Endowment Member
VFW Life Member
Grumpytrkr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 06:21 AM   #33

Update: Didn't go to Death Valley as planned, but went to Joshua Tree National Park instead. Hit Slab City for one night (that was enough for me), then headed up to Quartzsite, AZ and stayed at the La Posa South LTVA for about a week. Now I'm at the Imperial Dam LTVA in Southern Cali, near Yuma AZ. I'll stay here at least until I have to dump my tanks, and after that, who-know's-where I'll be going.
SmokerBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 07:49 AM   #34

May-Holland SP Beechwood loop
June-Ludington SP Pines Loop
July-Sleepy Hollow SP South Loop
August-Hoffmaster SP Upper Loop
September-SonLife RV park, Shelbyville, MI
October-Potato Creek SP, North Liberty, IN
Old 12-24-2012, 08:17 AM   #35

58 nights in 25 campgrounds and 6,800 miles towing for us in 2012:

Hickory Creek COE, Hickory Creek, Texas, 1 night
Pioneer Beach Resort, Port Aransas, TX, 6 nights
McKinney Falls State Park, Austin, TX, 2 nights
Loyd Park, Grand Prairie, TX, 2 nights
Daingerfield State Park, TX, 2 nights
Cedron Creek COE, Meridian, TX, 2 nights
South Llano River State Park, Junction, TX, 3 nights
River Rim Resort on Frio River, Concan, TX, 3 nights
Home, backyard following power outage, 1 night
Oasis RV Resort, Amarillo, TX, 1 night
American RV Park, Albuquerque, NM, 1 night
Durango Riverside RV, Durango, CO, 4 nights
Sugarite Canyon State Park, Raton, NM, 1 night
Oasis RV Resort, Amarillo, TX, 1 night
Lake Brownwood State Park, Brownwood, TX, 3 nights
Ray Roberts State Park Isle duBois unit, Pilot Point, TX, 2 nights
Bennett's RV Ranch, Granbury, TX, 1 night
Beavers Bend State Park, Broken Bow, OK, 4 nights
Canton Civic Center, Canton, TX, 2 nights
Jim Hogg COE, Georgetown, TX, 2 nights
Loyd Park, Grand Prairie, TX, 2 nights
Holiday Park COE, Benbrook, TX, 2 nights
Hickory Creek COE, Hickory Creek, Texas, 4 nights
Tyler State Park, Tyler, TX, 2 nights
Fort Parker State Park, Mexia, TX, 4 nights
Attached Thumbnails
Camping 2012.jpg  
Previous RV's: '03 MobileScout Titan 29DBS; '01 Sunnybrook Lite 2708 SLE; '99 Coleman Utah
Previous TV's: '02 Chevy Suburban 2500 8.1 4.10; '99 Chevy Express 1500 5.7
drfife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 09:38 AM   #36

I've been every where man
I've seen the deserts bare man
I've breathed the mountain air man
I've been everywhere....
93/2020,157/2019219/2018 206/2017,215/2016, 211/2015, 196/14, 247/13, 193/12

Seann45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 02:33 PM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpytrkr View Post
Oh, never say it couldn't get worse!!!! That just means that Murphy's Law will come around and bit you!!!!

Regards,
That's what my df said, maybe I should listen more often With all the trouble with the truck she was the one who suggested the new truck. I listened that time lol.
Old 01-02-2013, 11:42 PM   #38

Well.....

Haven't sat down and figured out where we traveled completely. Started the year out with my old fifth-wheel from CrossRoads on a trip from my home in Virginia Beach to Daytona Bike Week. No problems and a great trip. Traded that unit in on a 2009 Jayco 36 Super C. Started out our offroad motorcycle racing season in March. Over the year we traveled from our home to many different races in Virginia (around 15 events), New Jersey (five events), Maryland, Delaware, New York, Pennsylvania, North Carolina, and South Carolina. While in Pennsylvania, stopped off on the way home at Hershey so the wife could ride some coasters. After several trips to Hershey, we finally made it to the auto museum this year and loved it. Wanted to take a pure camping trip over the summer months but didn't find the time. Finally winterized our RV this past week when the temps finally dipped into freezing. Hoping to hit Daytona for Bike Week again this year then the racing starts up again in March.
CrazyTed is offline   Reply With Quote