Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-04-2016, 07:49 AM   #11
We sometimes do campgrounds - there is a local one we usually stay at 3 times a year. Campgrounds usually have activities we enjoy. But our favorite places are state parks! We usually stay at those 4 or 5 times a year. We like to hike and kayak. We do enjoy at least having electricity. We don't mind neighbors as long as they are not obnoxiously loud. We have made friends with several of our camping neighbors over the years and look forward to seeing each other each year (and we keep in touch on Facebook). Any chance to get away from the usual is relaxing!

2015 Jay Flight 19RD
2007 Chrysler Aspen 5.7L Hemi V8
DebKen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2016, 08:08 AM   #12
we almost always do state parks and mostly right on lake so we can use boat during summer months. I don't like seasonal campgrounds around here as to me they look like a parking lot with gravel. the state parks sites are a lot more wooded and yet the restroom and shower facilities are really nice.

2011 F250 King Ranch Crew Cab Diesel , 2015 Jayco Eagle 338 rets
Paintinfool3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2016, 08:15 AM   #13
here is the view from our favorite site in the summer
Attached Thumbnails
campsite view.jpg  
2011 F250 King Ranch Crew Cab Diesel , 2015 Jayco Eagle 338 rets
Paintinfool3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2016, 09:05 PM   #14
FISH! I love to fish!
Doboy Dawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2016, 11:20 PM   #15
We also lean towards State Parks. So far we've stayed in Washington, Oregon, Idaho and Utah parks. All seem to have pretty good online reservation systems. We usually get full hook-ups but have no problem going without if that's all that is available. For now we like to find new parks to go for long week-end camp trips. There is ocean to desert and everything in between within just a few hours drive for us and seeing all that diversity is a lot of fun. When traveling for longer periods we always head to the southwest as our youngest daughter currently lives in Arizona.
TT: 2015 Jay Flight SLX 195RB Baja Edition
TV: 2014 RAM 1500 Bighorn CC, 5.7L Hemi, 3.21, Factory Air Suspension/Tow Pkg, Andersen WD/SC
ttavasc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2016, 04:47 AM   #16
Site Team
We camp in N. Georgia and W. North Carolina in summer/Fall. We go to central Florida every Feb or March for 3 weeks or so. Moving around in State parks and resorts we like.
We belong to a camping club that goes somewhere each month for 7 months and we attend those and tack another week somewhere else. We like State Parks , COE's or where ever is nice and quiet. If not we will settle for nice. We never boondock because my dw is not into that but have a few times unplanned.

We camp in Myrtle Beach several times a year at State Parks or Willow Tree Resort.

Over the years we have met many friends camping and we often try to camp near enough to renew acquaintances.

We average about 115 days in our camper a year.
2011 351RLTS Eagle, Mor/Ryde suspension & pin box
06 F350 Lariat PSD, SRW, LB, CC, EGR delete kit, 16K DrawTite hitch, Timbrens, TST TPMS

Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try:Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
"It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled." - Mark Twain
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2016, 05:12 AM   #17
We camp to ride our ATVS. We love riding Wayne National Forest and MI. We just started boon docking this spring and I think it is the best! No lights, no phone service, few people. We have never used full hook up sites so even with plenty of water due to the 112 gallon freshwater we never get a long shower. Sigh. That is missed a bit.
Victoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2016, 08:13 AM   #18
We prefer the RV "Resort" style campgrounds. With a 3yo and a 5yo we tend to utilize the pool a lot, plus the girls like activities like tie-dye, arts and crafts, and dancing.

Plus, with the 32 foot unit, I'm not inclined to try and stuff it into a rugged state park site like I used to when we pulled a pop up.

While we might not be "camping" in the purest sense, we are spending quality time with our family.

The DW and I have done the tent -> pop up -> small TT -> large TT so, we have plenty of experience.
Craig T. Bailey
Hudson, NH
2015 Jayflight 32BHDS
2007 Chevy 2500HD Crew 4x4 Z71
ctbailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2016, 09:13 AM   #19
we like state parks, and we have 1 privately owns park in WNC we visit we prefer full hookups the DW and I both are over the boon docking days. The private campground we visit is in western NC about 150 miles from home, close but not to close. It is my very favorite campground simply because of the people, it is mostly a seasonal Campground with about 10 sites they keep for the "part-timers" most of the folks are retired and it is a very quite place to spend a few days These folks made us feel as if we were family from the 1st moment we arrived, we just spent the 4th there and I can't wait for our next visit in early September, till then we have a few weekends planed in Tennessee and Virginia state parks
TT 2016 SLX195RB
TV 2016 Colorado CC
RP53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2016, 12:33 PM   #20
My wife and I both grew up tent camping and this is our first foray into a TT. As my handle implies I love to fish for trout, specifically fly fish.
The nearby NC mountains offer plenty of that. My wife was getting tired of staying at home when I go for the weekend, I tried to convince her to take up fly fishing to no avail, so we both decided a TT was the way to go. She loves the outdoors but not wet wading and rock hopping wild mountains streams as I do. We will mostly be camping at State parks and commercial campgrounds so she can have some creature comforts while I am out and about. And at 59 the ground is getting harder for me as well. I will still do some backpack camping to more remote areas, but now will have a home base much closer to come back to.

troutcamper is offline   Reply With Quote