Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-18-2016, 07:51 AM   #1

Why dosen't Jayco chime in?

With a forum this big and viewed by so many people I wonder why Jayco itself does not respond to complaints. I would think it would be to their benefit to have us feel that at least they hear us.
By not addressing complaints does not make them go away Jayco. I for one would feel comforted knowing they at least acknowledge issues when they are brought up.
Old 03-18-2016, 07:56 AM   #2

I don't see Jayco getting involved in complaints on this forum. I have seen folks who call them report back on this forum about the results from their call. Usually the response is positive.

Personally, if I were jayco I probably would not respond to complaints on a public forum either. It could get ugly and be used against me in a court room. (dun dun duuuuunnnnn)
2015 Jayflight 28 BHBE (sold)
2009 Jayflight 26 BH (sold)
hboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2016, 08:01 AM   #3

If I was Jayco, I wouldn't want any part of getting into this forum. They would be putting them selves in a lose, lose position. Most folks have legitimate gripes in there eyes but for Jayco to attempt to address any or all of those issues on a forum that has every eye on the web would be a recipe for disaster. They couldn't help but creating squabbles that now don't exist.
Ela1948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2016, 08:48 AM   #4

Send a message via Skype™ to ALJO
They probably monitor this forum but don't get involved. Yes there are people who have some problems with their products but that is general to the RV Industry. Also many problems on this forum are also related to the RV operator; lack of knowledge by not reading the operator manuals. But I guess that's the way it is. Yes Jayco is wise not to get involved on this forum.
Pro Series 1200 lbs. WDH with Double Sway Bar.
Champion 3100/2800 watt Inverter/Generator-Onboard Solar Power
ALJO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2016, 08:57 AM   #5

[QUOTE=Ela1948;388323]If I was Jayco, I wouldn't want any part of getting into this forum.

X2
Old 03-18-2016, 09:39 AM   #6

I agree Jayco should be part of forum!! Jayco customers could benefit greatly by providing information quickly for repairs, updates, etc etc. Dealers can be good or bad as I've noted here, a "supportive" Jayco Rep could keep many a customer happy or at least get the right answer versus many an opinion... Also would enhance Jayco's stance and probably provide for better sales...

Larry J
2015 SLX 264BHW
LarryJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2016, 09:45 AM   #7

No upside for Jayco to get involved only downside. They do it the right way, one on one. All our dealings with Jayco have been very positive. They actually went further than I would have gone. In a public forum you get competing dealers of other RV's badmouthing Jayco just to make them look bad. You buy into that by making a comment and it only is like pouring gas on a fire. We (the forum) weed those people out rather quickly.

wags999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2016, 09:46 AM   #8

If I were high up in Jayco, I would definitely have people involved in this forum... but this forum wouldn't know it. What better way to find out about how my product/dealer network is doing in so many aspects...

I was just thinking the other day about the better decisions they could make concerning the new models (features, floorplans, etc) if they just came on here and read what people had to say... better yet, create some polls about floor plans and features and get people's input before changing things (yes, that would require divulging who they are).

I can understand not wanting to get involved in squabbles on here, but so much could be gleaned if they were involved to some extent... who knows, maybe they are

2019 Open Range 374BHS
2107 Chevrolet 3500HD dually
Gone campin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2016, 10:04 AM   #9

I don't think any company would be stupid enough to engage with their customers to make complaints on a public forum. They have a process in place that works fine in most cases. When it comes to input about new products they wont ask Joe public what they think, again they have a process for this and put products to market that they feel will sell, easy to build, and make a nice profit.
Sundancer330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2016, 10:22 AM   #10

While attending an open house last month at my dealer, I ran into a Jayco factory representative that was there to talk about the 2016 models. I had a great 20 minute conversation with him about various things and one topic I brought up was JOF. I asked if Jayco ever read our forum and his answer was, "yes we do". I personally encouraged him to keep monitoring the forum and hopefully they can pick up on some problems or concerns some of us have as well as picking up on changes which may make the Jayco's even better.
dg1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2016, 10:23 AM   #11

General Motors has a rep that monitors the forum called "diesel place" which discuses Chevrolet and GMC diesel pickups. It's a very good forum and the GM rep will occasionally tell an owner with the problem to contact him/her via a personal email or ask for the dealer they are working with to solve the problem. It works well and shows GM is concerned with their customers.
Previous RVs: 3 truck campers and 2 fifth wheels
Love the Seneca. Toad 2018 Ford F-150
Mnwelsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2016, 10:57 AM   #12

These days most companies are very aware of the influence of the Internet. The software company where I work even sells a Social Media Analytics product. I suspect Jayco does monitor JOF postings.

2014 Greyhawk 31FK
2007 Honda Shadow Sabre 1100cc
NC Roamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2016, 11:13 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by tawoo View Post
With a forum this big and viewed by so many people I wonder why Jayco itself does not respond to complaints. I would think it would be to their benefit to have us feel that at least they hear us.
By not addressing complaints does not make them go away Jayco. I for one would feel comforted knowing they at least acknowledge issues when they are brought up.
They making so much money it doesn't make sense to respond here
2015 Jayco Sesimic 4212 Extreme Weather Package, Dual Pane Windows, Side and rear Patios, 480 watt Zamp Solar Pkg, 6 - 6 volt AGM batteries, Residential Fridge, custom Dishwasher, 5500 watt Onan and lot of problems.
https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/m...albums843.html Check this out.
https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f...s-34672-3.html
Loboclone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2016, 11:34 AM   #14

Idividual "complaints" are handled very well on an individual level... Jayco excels at that! What I do not understand is, when a large number of owners are in agreement about a really glaring issue, Jayco doesn't address it on the forums.

As one poster put it, "It appears that the designers have never camped in their lives". Well, it certainly appears that way some times.

Some examples are:

Why only one outlet powered by the inverter?
Why is the TV amplifier button BEHIND the TV?
Why only one house battery?
Why isn't there a generator start/stop button in the cab?

And one of the reasons that we didn't get an Alante/Precept... a real head scratcher... why is the navigation screen placed where the navigator can neither see or use it?
2 Bluetick Hounds
1 Newfoundland
1 Newfoundland / Black Lab Mix
1 Cairn Terrier
The Logans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2016, 11:58 AM   #15
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by dg1971 View Post
snip....... I asked if Jayco ever read our forum and his answer was, "yes we do"......snip
Dan,

That's been my understanding as well......, and I'm sure they "guest" a number of other RV forums.

Bob

2016 GM 2500HD 6.0L/4.10
2018 Jay Flight 24RBS
2002 GM 2500HD 6.0L/4:10 (retired)
2005 Jayco Eagle 278FBS (retired)
1999 Jayco Eagle 246FB (retired)
Reese HP Dual Cam (Strait-Line)
Rustic Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2016, 12:20 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loboclone View Post
They making so much money it doesn't make sense to respond here
How much do they make?

2012 Eagle Super Lite HT 26.5RKS
2005 GMC 2500 SLT HD D/A
troutslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2016, 12:26 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by troutslayer View Post
How much do they make?
Privately held Company, however they made enough to buy StarCraft, Enterga, and Open Road (highland Ridge). They don't report earnings just like Camping world.
2015 Jayco Sesimic 4212 Extreme Weather Package, Dual Pane Windows, Side and rear Patios, 480 watt Zamp Solar Pkg, 6 - 6 volt AGM batteries, Residential Fridge, custom Dishwasher, 5500 watt Onan and lot of problems.
https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/m...albums843.html Check this out.
https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f...s-34672-3.html
Loboclone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2016, 12:33 PM   #18

Check out Grand Design rv forums. I believe GD does get involved to some extent. I do know they have excellent service when it comes problems.
Mwade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2016, 04:32 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loboclone View Post
Privately held Company, however they made enough to buy StarCraft, Enterga, and Open Road (highland Ridge). They don't report earnings just like Camping world.
So, you're saying that if they "make so much money" that they don't care what their customers say and therefore, don't read the JOF? Not trying to be argumentative, just trying to make a connection.

2012 Eagle Super Lite HT 26.5RKS
2005 GMC 2500 SLT HD D/A
troutslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2016, 06:03 PM   #20

Saying they make so much money they don't care is just foolishness. If they didn't care they would not "make so much money". And since, the company is private and figures are not published, no one really knows how much they make... nor does it make any difference. They make money because they are successful, and they handle issues in private one on one. For anyone to address issues in a public forum is just plain foolish. Maybe 1/10 of 1% of Jayco owners are memebers of this forum, what is to be gained by getting in a stupid back and forth with idiots who may or may not even be Jayco owners. I have never had an issue that was not addressed in private by Jayco in a timely manner.

As far as making units some don't like, you are never going to please everyone. If they were making units that were bad, they would not sell, and that's how they would know it was not liked. They are successful hence, they are doing something correct. Only thing stopping them from giving everyone everything they want is how much money do you have and how much are you willing to spend. You can get exactly what you want, in a custom coach. There are plenty of builders willing to build you anything you wish. But, you have to pay for that customization.
Jayco makes a good product, that meets the requirements of most people at a good price. If your not happy with it, then don't buy it...and if enough stop buying they will change what they offer. But as long as they do make what people are willing to buy, then do your own modifications to make your RV yours. Most anything can be added, changed etc to it fits each of our needs. Everyone has different feelings as to what is "needed" or "important". JMHO.

wags999 is offline   Reply With Quote