Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-18-2016, 07:51 AM   #1
Why dosen't Jayco chime in?

With a forum this big and viewed by so many people I wonder why Jayco itself does not respond to complaints. I would think it would be to their benefit to have us feel that at least they hear us.
By not addressing complaints does not make them go away Jayco. I for one would feel comforted knowing they at least acknowledge issues when they are brought up.

As long as everything is the way I want I'm totally flexible.
tawoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2016, 07:56 AM   #2
I don't see Jayco getting involved in complaints on this forum. I have seen folks who call them report back on this forum about the results from their call. Usually the response is positive.

Personally, if I were jayco I probably would not respond to complaints on a public forum either. It could get ugly and be used against me in a court room. (dun dun duuuuunnnnn)

2016 Road Warrior 355
2015 Ram 3500 Cummins SRW 4x4 MegaCab ShortBed
2011 F150 ecoboost - Traded
2015 Jayflight 28 BHBE (sold)
2009 Jayflight 26 BH (sold)
hboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2016, 08:01 AM   #3
If I was Jayco, I wouldn't want any part of getting into this forum. They would be putting them selves in a lose, lose position. Most folks have legitimate gripes in there eyes but for Jayco to attempt to address any or all of those issues on a forum that has every eye on the web would be a recipe for disaster. They couldn't help but creating squabbles that now don't exist.
Ela1948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2016, 08:48 AM   #4
Send a message via Skype™ to ALJO
They probably monitor this forum but don't get involved. Yes there are people who have some problems with their products but that is general to the RV Industry. Also many problems on this forum are also related to the RV operator; lack of knowledge by not reading the operator manuals. But I guess that's the way it is. Yes Jayco is wise not to get involved on this forum.
2014 Ram 1500 CrewCab 4x4 5.7 Hemi 3.92 Rear and Air Lift 1000
2005 Jayco Jay Feather LGT - 29Y GVWR-6500 lbs.
Pro Series 1200 lbs. WDH with Double Sway Bar.
Champion 3100/2800 watt Inverter/Generator-Onboard Solar Power

ALJO 'Forever Young @ Heart' provide on their travels Music Entertainment to Senior Care Homes
ALJO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2016, 08:57 AM   #5
[QUOTE=Ela1948;388323]If I was Jayco, I wouldn't want any part of getting into this forum.

2010 Jayco Hybrid EXP21M
2013 Toureg TDI
Tunce the traveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2016, 09:39 AM   #6
I agree Jayco should be part of forum!! Jayco customers could benefit greatly by providing information quickly for repairs, updates, etc etc. Dealers can be good or bad as I've noted here, a "supportive" Jayco Rep could keep many a customer happy or at least get the right answer versus many an opinion... Also would enhance Jayco's stance and probably provide for better sales...

Larry J
2015 SLX 264BHW
LarryJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2016, 09:45 AM   #7
No upside for Jayco to get involved only downside. They do it the right way, one on one. All our dealings with Jayco have been very positive. They actually went further than I would have gone. In a public forum you get competing dealers of other RV's badmouthing Jayco just to make them look bad. You buy into that by making a comment and it only is like pouring gas on a fire. We (the forum) weed those people out rather quickly.
2011 Toyota Tundra double cab
2015 27RLS
wags999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2016, 09:46 AM   #8
If I were high up in Jayco, I would definitely have people involved in this forum... but this forum wouldn't know it. What better way to find out about how my product/dealer network is doing in so many aspects...

I was just thinking the other day about the better decisions they could make concerning the new models (features, floorplans, etc) if they just came on here and read what people had to say... better yet, create some polls about floor plans and features and get people's input before changing things (yes, that would require divulging who they are).

I can understand not wanting to get involved in squabbles on here, but so much could be gleaned if they were involved to some extent... who knows, maybe they are

2015 Jayco Jay Flight 26BH
2010 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Z71
Reese Dual Cam HP
Tekonsha P3 controller
Gone campin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2016, 10:04 AM   #9
I don't think any company would be stupid enough to engage with their customers to make complaints on a public forum. They have a process in place that works fine in most cases. When it comes to input about new products they wont ask Joe public what they think, again they have a process for this and put products to market that they feel will sell, easy to build, and make a nice profit.
Sundancer330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2016, 10:22 AM   #10
Site Team
While attending an open house last month at my dealer, I ran into a Jayco factory representative that was there to talk about the 2016 models. I had a great 20 minute conversation with him about various things and one topic I brought up was JOF. I asked if Jayco ever read our forum and his answer was, "yes we do". I personally encouraged him to keep monitoring the forum and hopefully they can pick up on some problems or concerns some of us have as well as picking up on changes which may make the Jayco's even better.

2016 Chevy LTZ - Duramax/Allison
2008 Eagle 30.5BHS
dg1971 is offline   Reply With Quote