Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 11-18-2016, 02:15 PM   #1
Site Team

Winterizing alert, new system for 2017

It seems Jayco now has a new system on the pump and water heater that incorporates 3 way valves, and less of them. This has understandably led to some confusion when owners of the new system tried to winterize using the old method but alas, some valves were missing. Here is a thread where this happened. If anyone can find a diagram of the new system it would be helpful.

http://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f7...ime-40211.html
Crabman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2016, 02:49 PM   #2

My 2017 X213 has the new setup. Really not a problem once you realize what's going on, and that the owner's manual doesn't reflect the change. Turn both valves so that they are in line with the short bypass tube that connects the hot and cold lines, then just winterize as usual.

Hardest part for me as a new TT owner was just finding that the water heater and bypass was under one seat in the dinette while the pump and antifreeze hose was under the other seat. And under plywood panels that had to be unscrewed to access them. Why wouldn't they just make those necessary and regularly used access panels lift out without needing a screwdriver for it? Also, in my TT they are only 1/4" plywood, so I plan to see about at least replacing them with 1/2".

2016 F-150 XLT 4x4 Super Crew 3.5L Ecoboost
2017 Jay Feather X213
RPreeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2016, 05:11 AM   #3

Send a message via AIM to jaycojay Send a message via MSN to jaycojay
I think the owners manual in my 2017 is the same one used in my original 2002 Jayflight!