Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-22-2016, 02:26 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobx2 View Post
How did I know that someone would get butt hurt over my post. I have owned Jayco, Keystone, Skamper and Heartland rv's. I wasn't putting anyone down, nor was I calling anyone perfect. Simply pointing out that every now and then one should do a little comparison shopping when there are many good options to look at and compare to. Pulling off the blinders and taking a fresh look around helps to assure you don't have regrets about your purchase.
x2.. You should always comparison shop when looking for a new trailer. I know I looked at several brands prior to picking my Jay Flight. When I began shopping, I had no brand loyalty whatsoever. It was only after looking at several brands/styles on many different dealer lots that I decided to go with my JF 38FDDS. It was the best layout to suit our needs, at a fair price. From what I researched, no brand has a trouble free reputation. It's the nature of the beast I guess. I liked the fit/finish best on the Jayco, so I bought one. Just as important is the fact that I really liked the local Jayco dealer, who BTW has been excellent.

Old 09-22-2016, 03:47 PM   #22

Well if you are really wanting something else I would put Northwood | Northwood Manufacturing and ORV | Outdoors RV Manufacturing on your list. I have never owned either of these brands, but have looked at both of them and they seem to be a cut above the Thor, Forest River monopoly products. Of course, they also both cost more than a similarly sized Jayco. So you have a chance to put your money where your mouth is, spend more on a possibly better product or stay in the cheap seats with rest of us.

Old 09-22-2016, 04:28 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanNJanice View Post
Well if you are really wanting something else I would put Northwood | Northwood Manufacturing and ORV | Outdoors RV Manufacturing on your list. I have never owned either of these brands, but have looked at both of them and they seem to be a cut above the Thor, Forest River monopoly products. Of course, they also both cost more than a similarly sized Jayco. So you have a chance to put your money where your mouth is, spend more on a possibly better product or stay in the cheap seats with rest of us.
While I thanks you for your suggestion spending more is far from insuring greater quality. I think we already paid enough money, its not a question of money at all , most of the problem are quality control and no or little consequence for the careless employees and managers. If you cant keep your promises dont make any.

We sometimes sounds like politician, for them you can fix everything with more money...and we know how true that is... anyway thats how it is ....

Ford F 150 Ecoboost Tow Max 3.73 2014

Equalizer hitch 1000/10000
homer1959 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2016, 04:54 PM   #24

I've had two JayFlight alum sided trailer.

First -- only issue was the Jensen Stereo/DVD would freeze. Jayco replaced with no issue.

Second -- I'm the second owner, according to the original owner had to take in to better secure the FW holding tank. Said it didn't separate from the trailer, but was loose. Jayco repaired with no issue. I have had no additional issues.
clubhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2016, 05:01 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by clubhouse View Post
I've had two JayFlight alum sided trailer.

First -- only issue was the Jensen Stereo/DVD would freeze. Jayco replaced with no issue.

Second -- I'm the second owner, according to the original owner had to take in to better secure the FW holding tank. Said it didn't separate from the trailer, but was loose. Jayco repaired with no issue. I have had no additional issues.

Wow !! Thats how it should be !!! Thanks for the positive note

Old 09-22-2016, 05:18 PM   #26

No wonder ...

7 hours to build it ...40 to complete it at the dealership LOL

Lifes good anyway good week end to you all

Old 09-22-2016, 05:29 PM   #27
Site Team

A few things about that video which has been used to bash Jayco many times since it came out several years ago:

Jayco obviously gave consent to have it done, so its not like someone snuck in the plant and caught them in the act.

The model being made is a uncomplicated no slide 26BH, and its hard to find a 26BH owner on the forum that is unhappy with their unit. IE member SmokerBill has been fulltiming in one for years. A larger, more complex multi slide unit would likely take longer to build.

The 7 hours is final assembly time. The cabinets, frame, roof trusses, walls, furniture, appliances, etc are all pre made thus increasing the overall assembly time.

The workers could be showing off for the camera. Would be difficult to maintain that pace all day, everyday I would think.
Crabman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2016, 05:37 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crabman View Post
snip...The workers could be showing off for the camera. Would be difficult to maintain that pace all day, everyday I would think.
Yes maybe :-) But maybe not since they are apparently allowed to run like rabbit to get the permission to leave as soon as the work is done.....for me its a good incentive to make me running , to let go defect under the blanket , but thats a way of life that I should also adopt its a good way to loose weight...
and I need it badly ...

Old 09-22-2016, 05:43 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike837go View Post
Remember that all Jayco's are assembled at the same factory by the same people.

Fit and finish is pretty much the same across all lines.

Going with a simpler unit will definitely save you lots of headaches. But don't expect it to be better.

I love my Jayflight 19RD. Being that it is still a mechanical contrivance, there will always be issues.
Actually Jayco has I think it's 8 separate plants. with 1000's of employees. There are different products and quality for each product line. They do a great job at each price point. Are they perfect....what is ? AS to 7 hours to produce a unit, how many hours does it take to assemble a car or truck? It is called being efficient, which keeps the cost down. Is hand made one at a time better? Could be...but not necessarily, more expensive? Probably. You could build a truck by hand and make it perfect...and no one could afford it. the number of problems with almost all products today is well below historical averages. Real problem is unrealistic expectations... I dealt with a custom coach builder and for $1 million plus you can get almost anything you want and with close to perfection....they sold 10 to 15 units a year and did very well... many "stars" purchased or leased their coaches....

I'm happy with my JayFlight, we use it about 4 -6 months a year and have had no issues since purchasing it early last year. Will it work for everyone equally as well ? most likely not, we all use our RV in different ways and with different expectations. Whats the old saying, you can have it cheap, you can have it fast or you can have it perfect....just not all three.
Old 09-22-2016, 06:18 PM   #30

Agreed, I had tons of problems with my Jay flight the first year, but with them fixed it has been solid this whole second year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crabman View Post
In my humble opinion if you want the one least likely to have issues go with the Jayflight with aluminum siding. I`m basing this on 6 years of observation on what is posted on this forum and the fact that Jayflight owners outnumber all others here by a wide margin, yet seem to complain the least about their units. Other then hail damage how many complaints do you hear about aluminum sided trailers here? And the floors are rock solid. Initial quality, fit and finish however would be the same crapshoot as any other RV.

motorbreath is offline   Reply With Quote