Jayco RV Owners Forum
 


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 07-13-2016, 05:32 PM   #1
Member
 
critter210's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Ypsilanti
Posts: 40
WOW!! PDI Fees

Group.... read this on a Thor forum

"I'd like to hear people's experiences with the fees the dealer charges. We were set to pick up our 24.1 Vegas this weekend when we got the breakdown of the transaction. The dealer was charging $1495 for PDI and $589 processing fee. When asked they said the PDI fee was for filling the tanks, gas and propane, 160 point check and for our walk through of the RV. He didn't really explain the processing fee. Have you been hit with the same type of charges? Thanks!"
__________________

critter210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2016, 05:39 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
NC Roamer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Fuquay-Varina
Posts: 623
Nope. Our out-the-door price included the PDI, full tanks, a wash and a credit in the dealer's RV store for hoses, fittings, etc. There was no processing fee either.

When buyers are plunking down as much money as these things cost, gouging them with exorbitant fees is simply greedy.
__________________

__________________

2014 Greyhawk 31FK
2007 Honda Shadow Sabre 1100cc
NC Roamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2016, 05:40 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
Bookemdanno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Frisco
Posts: 908
I would completely walk away from that deal!! My opinion is that the PDI is for me to catch what the dealer missed! After all, it's there job to fix what's broken before I purchase the unit! I'd run away from any dealer that did that!
__________________
Dan
'16 Ram 3500 MC CTD Dually, 4:10 rear
'14 Ram 2500 MC CTD (gone)
'14 287BHBE (gone)
'16 North Point 377BHRL (current and hopefully last)
Bookemdanno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2016, 06:14 PM   #4
bap
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Walpole
Posts: 114
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookemdanno View Post
I would completely walk away from that deal!! My opinion is that the PDI is for me to catch what the dealer missed! After all, it's there job to fix what's broken before I purchase the unit! I'd run away from any dealer that did that!
X2 on that. No way I would pay a fee for them to check things out.
__________________
TV 2013 RAM 1500 4x4 Tradesman W/5.7L Hemi
TT 2009 Jayco Jayflight G2 29BHS
bap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2016, 06:24 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Crofton, MD
Posts: 274
Walked out on one like that and drove 2 hrs to a dealer that didn't tack on fees - saved over $2,000...
__________________

2015 Jayco Jay Flight 26BH
2010 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Z71
Reese Dual Cam HP
Tekonsha P3 controller
Gone campin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2016, 06:25 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Michigan
Posts: 478
Wow is right, I would walk if they don't remove the fees. My dealer tried to charge me $695 for PDI and $200 processing fees. I laughed at my salesman and said you have to be kidding me, he looked puzzled and said no. I got up picked up my papers and walked out, later that afternoon he called and said we have removed all extra fees. We closed the deal the next day and my salesman and dealer have been wonderful to work with since then.
Sundancer330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2016, 06:28 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Michigan
Posts: 478
Quote:
Originally Posted by critter210 View Post
Group.... read this on a Thor forum

"I'd like to hear people's experiences with the fees the dealer charges. We were set to pick up our 24.1 Vegas this weekend when we got the breakdown of the transaction. The dealer was charging $1495 for PDI and $589 processing fee. When asked they said the PDI fee was for filling the tanks, gas and propane, 160 point check and for our walk through of the RV. He didn't really explain the processing fee. Have you been hit with the same type of charges? Thanks!"
I see you are in Michigan, which dealer are you working with.
Sundancer330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2016, 06:49 PM   #8
Senior Member
 
Dustdevil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Orange County
Posts: 407
Years ago, when we bought our first Class C from Mike Thompson in Fountain Valley, Calif, they wanted to tack on a $400 PDI fee at the last minute. It was presented as a voluntary fee going to the retired guy who worked there part time doing the PDIs for them. I declined, and slipped the guy a 50 at the end. He was very helpful and clearly knew everything about the rig, despite the fact he didn't own that type RV. They had already outfitted the RV with necessities, which was part of the deal.
__________________
2006 Jayco Seneca 34SS
2006 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon Toad
Dustdevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2016, 06:51 PM   #9
Senior Member
 
Camping Couple's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Kalamazoo
Posts: 716
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundancer330 View Post
I see you are in Michigan, which dealer are you working with.
He is probably working with General RV. We purchased ours in Plainwell at Quality Products Inc. my Mom purchased a 27DSRL from Quality as well. The kicker is she drove from Phoenix Arizona to get it. It saved her over 17k. The dealers in AZ wouldn't negotiate.
__________________

2015 Jayco 24FBS Elite Jay Flight
2013 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD 4X4 6.0L 3.73 Axle
HD Trailering Package with Integrated Brake Controller
Equal-i-zer Hitch 10k/1000
Camping Couple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2016, 07:21 PM   #10
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Portland
Posts: 147
Quote:
Originally Posted by NC Roamer View Post
Nope. Our out-the-door price included the PDI, full tanks, a wash and a credit in the dealer's RV store for hoses, fittings, etc. There was no processing fee either.
Same. On the tag in the trailer with all the options, it *said* there was a >$1000 PDI fee, but that's just a piece of paper. I didn't base my price negotiations on the "MSRP" according to the dealer.
__________________

__________________
2016 X213 ⇝ Eq10K ⇝ 2014 EcoBeast
Rootus is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Virginia State Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:00 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2002-2016 Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.