Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

View Poll Results: Does a tv belong in an RV?
Absolutely not! I'm a camping purist and don't need interference from the outside world! 10 8.40%
I don't see what the problem is... 63 52.94%
I really don't care either way as long as I'm camping 46 38.66%
Voters: 119. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-01-2013, 08:31 AM   #21

Our first TT didn't have a TV until we got a free one. We purchased a TV for the JayFlight 29BHS because of our kids. However, our new Greyhawk 31 FS has 3 TVS, and 3 DVD screens! That is a bit much. We only have 5 people in our family.
msturtz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 10:53 AM   #22

My answer would be that it is up to the individual camper on what he wants to take with them. It does not bother me what a fellow camper takes as long as it stays on their campsite. Want to take a TV do so and enjoy it. Want to take a boombox do so and enjoy it just do not let me hear it. Want to take a generator then do so only charge your batteries during the day. Want to take your dogs then do so just do not let others hear or smell it. Want to take your kids and grand kids along then let me know so I can camp somewhere else as they have no control on them. Each is an individual and it should not be anyone else's place to tell t hem who or what they can take camping with them. To all who camp enjoy yourself in your own way and jsut be mindful of those around you.
campingva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 07:15 PM   #23
Site Team

To me a camping purist is going to backpack in and set up a tent and eat off the land. I own a trailer for a reason.

2007 Jayco Feather 19H
2008 Ford Explorer SportTrac
Snake Plissken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 11:08 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by campingva View Post
My answer would be that it is up to the individual camper on what he wants to take with them. It does not bother me what a fellow camper takes as long as it stays on their campsite. Want to take a TV do so and enjoy it. Want to take a boombox do so and enjoy it just do not let me hear it. Want to take a generator then do so only charge your batteries during the day. Want to take your dogs then do so just do not let others hear or smell it. Want to take your kids and grand kids along then let me know so I can camp somewhere else as they have no control on them. Each is an individual and it should not be anyone else's place to tell t hem who or what they can take camping with them. To all who camp enjoy yourself in your own way and jsut be mindful of those around you.
Well said. For myself, we don't have a tv and don't ever anticipate getting one. We enjoy being isolated from the news, etc. I don't care if other campers have a tv or not, it is their choice...unless they are running their generator to watch the morning or late night news!
dewey02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 12:05 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snake Plissken View Post
To me a camping purist is going to backpack in and set up a tent and eat off the land. I own a trailer for a reason.
Agreed. If you are driving a motorhome or towing a trailer that costs tens of thousands of dollars you're not really camping. Kinda silly to worry about TVs.
Old 08-04-2013, 08:14 AM   #26

At home we watch the news and a few shows that we like on broadcast TV. We tend to read a lot rather than look at TV or rent movies and there is no way we would get cable or satellite.

We bought the TV for the RV mostly for the grandchildren, especially if we have a rainy day. That said when we stay at a park with cable, having a movie channel, history channel or discovery channel can be a treat. In that sense, we are getting away from the routine and that to me is what camping is all about.

John & Nancy
Jay Feather 25Z 2007
Ford F-150 XLT 5.4 Triton 2008
TeamFoxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 02:01 PM   #27

Our past 2 trailers came with a tv or tv's in them. We (DW and I) are now at an age where we don't diddybop on the trails as much nor sit around the campfire like we did when our kids were with us.

So for us now, having a tv onboard the camper is a nice way to relax after a day of towing or touring around. Back in the day, I too, was a camping purist (coiuldn't afford to be anything but!). Had the tent and thought it really big time when we finally upgraded to the green Coleman camping stove! A campfire was a necessity. But times change, so do expectations and experiences. I still consider myself a camper, but not a purist...but a camping dude!

So, as I age...the TV will remain a part of our RV.

'06 2500 Silverado 4X4, Duramax LBZ Diesel, Firestone air bags
'08 Tracker Pro Guide V-16 Boat
'12 Pinnacle 31RLTS
taviking22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 02:17 PM   #28

I have 4 tv's! One in the bunk house, one in the living area, one in the bedroom, and one for outside. We watch them when we want to. During the day, not much at all if the weather is nice. Sometimes in the late evening we enjoy turning them on.
No TV since Tundra can't do it

krackeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 05:40 PM   #29

Our tv is only turned on when it rains and usually late at night when we are winding down. We usually pop in a DVD and watch as a family or I'll "escape" to the bedroom so I can read in peace!
Old 08-05-2013, 06:14 PM   #30

there is nothing more enjoyable than watching football in the fall under my awning.

2012 Jayco Eagle 351 mkts
2012 F250 powerstroke 4 x 4
rsbwjohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 08:08 PM   #31

We spend close to 300 nights a year in our trailer. MUST HAVE internet, TV, recliners, AC, microwave, cold stuff in the frige.
clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 09:12 PM   #32

It's a must every year to watch lucile ball the long long trailor in the camper and Twister. And I hook up my I phone to the tv so the kis can watch netflix. But when it's nice out they would rather hike or ride bikes.
Old 08-05-2013, 10:28 PM   #33

It's just the two of us and our dog, no grandkids to entertain. Once in a while it's nice to have the morning news, but we really don't care. We never turn on the one in the bedroom.
fidalgo66 is offline   Reply With Quote