Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-22-2013, 09:11 AM   #1

'13 Jay Flight 26BH "used"

We just bought our 26BH yesterday and stayed overnight to get familiar with the trailer. Looking forward to learning from other owners regarding the best modifications, upkeep, and other insights.

- SoTexJeff
SoTexJeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 09:27 AM   #2

Hello Jeff and welcome to Jayco Owners Forum. Plenty of friendly information here....just ask. Someone will have had some experience or have an idea that will help you. Let us know how you like the 26BH.
dg1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 10:44 PM   #3

Hi, Jeff! My wife and I just bought the same exact trailer and so far we LOVE it! The only issue I have with it is the lack of support under the front bed but I'm currently working on a mod for that. If you're interested, I will be posting the pics of the mod when I'm finished.

I am interested as to what you tow with? I tow mine with an '03 Dodge Ram 1500 with the 4.7L and it's a little under-powered. I'm looking to upgrade but I'm not sure what I want yet.

Anyway, welcome.

2003 Dodge Ram 1500 4.7L
2013 Jay Flight Swift 26BH
BubbaJBI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 08:48 AM   #4

Welcome to the forum, SoTexJeff!

My wife and I bought the same trailer earlier this year and love it! I have made a few mods/additions to include: adding a Maxxair vent cover for the bathroom vent, adding a Progressive hardwired EMS, installing LED (battery powered) lights to the front cargo area, and installing screen covers to the fridge/heater/water heater vents. I plan on adding some corner shelves in the bunk areas for my kids too.

BTW, are you in the South Texas area?
Iraqvet05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 01:53 PM   #5

Iraqvet05, I have a 2013 BH also, have been considering a hardwired EMS, and was wondering how you got at the wiring to install the EMS? Remove the convertor, knock in the panel below, or another? Any pictures of the cargo area lights?

Love my trailer, but so far brand new from the factory I have had to add a loop of tubing to the water pump as the inlet and outlet of the water pump were both kinked from how it was plumbed from the factory resulting in almost no water pressure (how was this missed on the PDI?), reattach the rear LP fitting as the self tapping screw was installed so tight it fell right off when I opened it (FYI, this could have been a real disaster as there were no other supports holding a very long section of the LP line), and the AC condensor would'nt kick on, so I had to replace all the cheap wire nuts in the wall connecting to the thermostat and replace a broken 12V blade connector in the ceiling AC access panel.

I also added MaxxAir bath vent cover, a Blue Sea M-Series Battery Switch (PN 6006), and a foam mattress topper for the master bed.

I tow with a 2009 Silverado Crew Cab Z71 4x4 5.3L 6 speed (the extra gears help)
1,200 / 12,000 lb. Equal-i-zer Sway Control Hitch
Prodigy P2 Brake Controller
jrdpttrsn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 02:10 PM   #6

The fuse panel cover is just held on with two screws. After it's off the converter and fuse panel are held in place by 8 screws around the perimeter of the panel. I pulled the large hot and neutral (black and white) wires off of the right side of the panel as well as the 7-8 black 12v wires that connect to the buss bar (label each one before you do)....removing those wire allows easy access to the area behind the panel to mount an EMS. You will need an EMS with an external display since you cannot readily access the EMS. I will send you some pics of my install later if you PM me an e-mail. I don't have pics of the cargo light yet...they are nothing fancy, just some cheapie lights I picked up on Amazon.
Iraqvet05 is offline   Reply With Quote