Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-19-2017, 06:50 PM   #1

2006 Jayco JayFlight 31 BHS replacement keys all doors

How and where can I get replacement keys for all outside doors?? We have a 2006 Jayco JayFlight 31BHS. The keys mysteriously got lost (due to a hostile divorce!!). Before our unit gets vandalized, I need to move it ASAP. Can a regular locksmith make replacement keys? He asked if the keys were two-sided...I do not know. He cannot make two-sided keys. HELP!!
starrjayco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 12:11 PM   #2
Site Team

CONGRATULATIONS on the JAYCO!!!

...and WELCOME TO JOF!!! The members here are GREAT!!! There is a lot of GREAT information to be found here. I am sure that you will have information and pictures to share with us... so please do!!

Since you do not have the key number, you may want to contact Jayco by phone or email (service@jayco.com) with your VIN number and tell them that you can not locate your keys. Their build records may have the key number and send it to your. You should be able to move the TT without the keys ( if no slides involved) for the TT, you can move it and pursue the keys after it is moved.

Don

My Registry

RVing with SOLAR
Mustang65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 02:47 PM   #3

Or just replace the complete lock. Easy to do if you can't find the proper keys.

This is a rather expensive example....
Entrance Door Lock - AP 013-257 - Entry Door Hardware - Camping World

Cheaper
https://www.amazon.com/Travel-Traile.../dp/B00B56OJHI
Old 07-08-2017, 06:37 PM   #4

We have a 2007 JayFlight 31BHS we picked up last fall. I wanted to key all the locks the same, I called the lock manufacturer, was told there was a recall on these locks and cylinders, they sent me five (5) lock cylinders, master keys, and instructions to replace all the locks. Free of charge !

Steve and Ellen
dabiz7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2017, 07:16 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabiz7 View Post
We have a 2007 JayFlight 31BHS we picked up last fall. I wanted to key all the locks the same, I called the lock manufacturer, was told there was a recall on these locks and cylinders, they sent me five (5) lock cylinders, master keys, and instructions to replace all the locks. Free of charge !

Steve and Ellen
Intresting. We picked up an 07 jayflight 25rks in February and would like to key everything the same as well. Did you call Jayco or the lock manufacturer themselves? Who was the manufacturer? Thanks update.... found online quite easy checked locks one is recalled one is not. Hope I can get them to match the one that is not recalled. Thanks for the info here is the link if anyone needs it.

http://www.fastecindustrial.com/recall/
Cranetech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2017, 07:02 PM   #6

I tried to buy a new front door latch complete from e-trailer, but it was not the same shape for the hole in the door. I really only needed a new lock cylinder since the prev owner lost the key.

In the process of removing the front door latch and both rear side access door latches, I noticed the latches are all made by the same company (I don't have the paperwork in front of me, but will get it out of the shop later). Anyway, I called this company that was on the latch trying to get matching lock cylinders to fit all three of these latches, since they are all the same.

In the course of talking to the latch company sales person, they said there was a recall years ago on these latches for popping open or some such, so she sent me six (6) lock cylonders (2 for each latch), a master lock cyl replacement key, a master lock cyl install key, and a set of instructions on how to replace the cylinders, all free of charge.

The only problem is, the lock cyl master removal key only worked for the style of lock cyl they sent me, which was an upgraded, slightly different design than what I had, so I had to mangle the latch a little to get my old cylinders out, but they new cylinders installed perfectly.

That is my story. if you take your latch off and turn it over, it will have the mfg name on it. It might even have a sticker with the lock code for the cylinder that is in it, in case you just want to get a key. I wanted all of the them the same, so that is what I asked the lady to send me. they were very nice.
dabiz7 is offline   Reply With Quote