Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-03-2017, 09:16 AM   #1

Smile 2013 Jayco Whitehawk 28DSBH trailer owner

Hello,

I am new to Jayco and loving my 2013 Jayco Whitehawk travel trailer. We have a trailer spot in a nice spot on Pigeon lake in Ontario Canada. Weather has been nothing but rain this year but we are making the best of it. The lake has great fishing and boating. I bought the RV used and it has had some issues that the RV dealer didn't catch so I am dealing with those. ie my hot water tank blows fire out of it at the back when I try and flip to propane (much cheaper) from electric. I am sure some spiders made a nest in there. I have to figure out how to switch the Norcold fridge from electric to Propane as the light flashes on the propane when I do this.
Was wondering where I could find the manual for the fridge, stove and hot water tank.
thanks
Deborah from Ontario Canada
debl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 10:10 AM   #2

Hello to you and welcome to the forum.
Full timing: Some will think you're crazy, some will be envious, just enjoy the freedom!
oldmanAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 11:56 AM   #3

Welcome to the forum and fellow 28dsbh owner. What do you mean it's cheaper to run propane? It's my understanding, when you put the fridge in auto, it should lite if the propane tank is on and it sounds like it is. You may have to bleed the line using the stove.

2017 FORD SD, 6.7.
2012 Jayco Whitehawk 28DSBH
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 12:58 PM   #4

Fridge on Propane

Once when when the circuit breaker flipped the fridge did go to Propane. But when I push the button to propane, there is a propane indicator on the fridge that flashes -check propane. I thought it was cheaper to run the fridge on propane as we pay for our hydro at our spot.
debl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 01:32 PM   #5

Congratulations on the 2013 Jayco Whitehawk travel trailer and welcome to the Jayco Owners Forum (JOF). Lots of friendly people here in the forum who can probably answer just about any question you may have regarding your travel trailer.
jkaras7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2017, 06:04 AM   #6
Site Team

CONGRATULATIONS on the JAYCO!!!

...and WELCOME TO JOF!!! The members here are GREAT!!! There is a lot of GREAT information to be found here. I am sure that you will have information and pictures to share with us... so please do!!

What happens if you flip your 120VAC breaker for the fridge off? Does the fridge stay on? Do you have a spare 120VAC breaker position in your 120/12volt control center?

Don

My Registry

RVing with SOLAR
Mustang65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2017, 06:31 AM   #7

It sounds like you need to bleed the propane lines to your fridge. The way ours works, if you switch the fridge to propane, you can hear a faint clicking noise outside by the fridge covers on the wall. This is the fridge attempting to light the flame. The fridge will attempt 3 series of "starting". If there is no propane, the fridge light will start flashing.

Try lighting the stove in your trailer, or whatever gas appliance is closest to your fridge. Once you verify that you can light that, then try your fridge again.

On our trailer, the switch has 3 positions, AUTO, OFF, GAS. If you have an electric site, you will have to put the switch on GAS. If you don't have an electric site, you can leave it in AUTO and the fridge will check for electricity, if none is found, it will AUTOMATICALLY switch to gas.

The hot water tank should have a flame in the "tube". It shouldn't shoot out the door of the hot water tank, but you will hear a howling noise as the hot water tank heats up from the flame.

Good luck!
Old 08-04-2017, 06:40 AM   #8

Welcome to the group!

2022 33RBTS
Progressive Industries EMS - Hardwired
Equalizer 4 Point WDH
2021 Ford F350 7.3
Air Lift Rear Bags w/ On Board Compressor (Pending)
2016 28BHBE - (Traded and Missed already)
Marcm157 is offline   Reply With Quote