Congrats and welcome from Colorado

2014 Eagle 30.5 RLS
2015 Dodge 3500HD SRW 6.7L
Click on my profile for Mods and notes
Jmooney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2016, 03:04 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by CampFlyer View Post
Thank you for the information, I appreciate the input. We are new to a trailer this big. We debated back and forth about Timbrens vs air bags and went with air bags. My husband installed them right before picking up the camper. He increased the pressure a couple of times on the way home, but he thinks we need to go higher still. We are going camping in a couple of weeks and he is going to try higher/different pressures and see how it goes.
I went from compressing the overload spring, to sitting about a half inch above the spring after installing the Timbrens and the steering felt much better and the truck sat much better.

Maybe it is just the angle of you picture that makes your rear end look like it sags.

klassic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2016, 03:35 PM   #13

Congrats on the Jayco and the grandbaby!
As I'm reading you post I couldn't help but think I was reading one of my own in the near future. We are currently just waiting on THE call from our dealer saying it is in (any day now). I've been holding off buying Timbrens to see how it squats, but after seeing your pic, I'm ordering them this weekend. Still holding off on a generator but have the Honda EU7000is in my sights.
If you don't mind me asking; What kind of minor issues did you have? Is your Super Duty a long box?
Old 05-14-2016, 07:32 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDMZKTAGratton View Post
Congrats on the Jayco and the grandbaby!
As I'm reading you post I couldn't help but think I was reading one of my own in the near future. We are currently just waiting on THE call from our dealer saying it is in (any day now). I've been holding off buying Timbrens to see how it squats, but after seeing your pic, I'm ordering them this weekend. Still holding off on a generator but have the Honda EU7000is in my sights.
If you don't mind me asking; What kind of minor issues did you have? Is your Super Duty a long box?
Our truck is (and was) a long box. After a couple of trips we decided a dually would be better for such a big camper so we now have a 2016 F350 dually. We have the generator prep but couldn't decide on what one we wanted but will probably go with the onan. I can't remember what all the issues were, but they were minor (toilet water line was loose, light over the island was out etc) and we would have taken care of them ourselves but we had to go back to the dealer to do the paperwork anyway so we had them take of it. Our big slide (couch and dinette) is now sticking at the top when extending so we will take the camper in next week to get that taken care of. This is only our third weekend camping in it but so far we really like it!
Old 05-15-2016, 04:30 AM   #15

Installed an Onan 5500 EVAP into our pinnacle last month. It had the generator prep package and was quite easy to install. Hardest part was getting it into the compartment. Pretty tight. Built a stack of cribbing and put it on casters then rolled it up to the compartment and slid it off. Fit right in and all of the holes were pre drilled so bolt onion was easy. Had to supply a 12 volt negative ground cable and the exhaust pipe all the rest was provided in the prep package less wire connectors and some clamps for the gas lines.

And welcome to the forum

TNCraig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2016, 04:23 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNCraig View Post
Installed an Onan 5500 EVAP into our pinnacle last month. It had the generator prep package and was quite easy to install. Hardest part was getting it into the compartment. Pretty tight. Built a stack of cribbing and put it on casters then rolled it up to the compartment and slid it off. Fit right in and all of the holes were pre drilled so bolt onion was easy. Had to supply a 12 volt negative ground cable and the exhaust pipe all the rest was provided in the prep package less wire connectors and some clamps for the gas lines.

And welcome to the forum
Really glad to hear the generator install was easy. Good to know the prep package does have basically everything needed and the generator bolts right in like we were told it would!
Old 05-17-2016, 04:10 PM   #17

CONGRATULATIONS on your JAYCO!!!

...and WELCOME TO JOF!!!

Nice rig!!!
Old 07-24-2016, 06:38 PM   #18

Congrats. I have the same unit and love it.

Like you, found that the f250 wasn't quite enough for it though and that was proven when I ran it across the scales ... and was a few thousand over the payload weight rating (empty). The 350 has proven to be much better. Still like having the air bags in there though to keep the truck fairly level. Don't do a lot of night driving but I imagine I'd be highbeaming everyone without them.

Good luck!

loansinpa is offline   Reply With Quote