Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-09-2016, 05:07 PM   #1

375BHFS On our way home

Hi Everyone,

We've been lurking around here for several months, have learned so much, and are on our way home with our new North Point 375BHFS so thought we should formally introduce ourselves.

I was a tent camper my whole life until a few years ago my husband talked me into buying a travel trailer. We bought an older 24' no slide TT because I wasn't sure I'd like it. My husband, three boys and I LOVED it and soon were spoiled with indoor plumbing and A/C. Fast forward a few years and two other trailers - a bigger TT we loved but hail took it out and a 5er we hated so here we are with this ginormous beast . This is our first Jayco and so far so good.

We picked it up yesterday from the dealer and spent the night in it last night at a campground across the road from the dealer. We found a few minor things that needed attention so took it back to the dealer this morning, they fixed the items and now we are headed for home (about 260 miles).

We are looking forward to many years and good times with this unit with my kids, my husband's kids and their spouses and the first grand baby born just this morning!
Attached Thumbnails
375 BHFS.jpg  
CampFlyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2016, 05:14 PM   #2

Looks great , how does it pull behind your truck
Old 04-09-2016, 05:20 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paintinfool3 View Post
Looks great , how does it pull behind your truck

Well now that the 30+ mph crosswinds have went down, much better. It is not dog tracking anymore.
Old 04-09-2016, 05:23 PM   #4

I haven't pulled mine yet with my 2011 f250 diesel but I am looking forward to it ... I think it will have plenty of power. safe travels home
Old 04-09-2016, 05:25 PM   #5

Oh and congrats on the new grandbaby
Old 04-09-2016, 05:36 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paintinfool3 View Post
Oh and congrats on the new grandbaby

Thank you. We are very excited!!
Old 04-10-2016, 08:40 AM   #7
Site Team

CONGRATULATIONS on the JAYCO!!!

...and WELCOME TO JOF!!! The members here are GREAT!!! There is a lot of GREAT information to be found here. I am sure that you will have information and pictures to share with us... so please do!!

Don
Mustang65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2016, 08:43 AM   #8

Welcome and congratulation on the North Point and grand baby!
robkelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2016, 08:49 AM   #9

Congrats...
Your f350 looks like like its light on the front end like mine was until I put Timbrens on.
I could feel the steering was a little light, maybe why the wind was affecting your drive.
The Timbrens made a big difference.
2017 F-350 Platinum CC SRW
klassic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2016, 01:07 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by klassic View Post
Congrats...
Your f350 looks like like its light on the front end like mine was until I put Timbrens on.
I could feel the steering was a little light, maybe why the wind was affecting your drive.
The Timbrens made a big difference.

Thank you for the information, I appreciate the input. We are new to a trailer this big. We debated back and forth about Timbrens vs air bags and went with air bags. My husband installed them right before picking up the camper. He increased the pressure a couple of times on the way home, but he thinks we need to go higher still. We are going camping in a couple of weeks and he is going to try higher/different pressures and see how it goes.
Old 04-12-2016, 01:15 PM   #11

Congrats and welcome from Colorado

2014 Eagle 30.5 RLS
2015 Dodge 3500HD SRW 6.7L
Click on my profile for Mods and notes
Jmooney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2016, 03:04 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by CampFlyer View Post
Thank you for the information, I appreciate the input. We are new to a trailer this big. We debated back and forth about Timbrens vs air bags and went with air bags. My husband installed them right before picking up the camper. He increased the pressure a couple of times on the way home, but he thinks we need to go higher still. We are going camping in a couple of weeks and he is going to try higher/different pressures and see how it goes.
I went from compressing the overload spring, to sitting about a half inch above the spring after installing the Timbrens and the steering felt much better and the truck sat much better.

Maybe it is just the angle of you picture that makes your rear end look like it sags.
2017 F-350 Platinum CC SRW
klassic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2016, 03:35 PM   #13

Congrats on the Jayco and the grandbaby!
As I'm reading you post I couldn't help but think I was reading one of my own in the near future. We are currently just waiting on THE call from our dealer saying it is in (any day now). I've been holding off buying Timbrens to see how it squats, but after seeing your pic, I'm ordering them this weekend. Still holding off on a generator but have the Honda EU7000is in my sights.
If you don't mind me asking; What kind of minor issues did you have? Is your Super Duty a long box?
Old 05-14-2016, 07:32 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDMZKTAGratton View Post
Congrats on the Jayco and the grandbaby!
As I'm reading you post I couldn't help but think I was reading one of my own in the near future. We are currently just waiting on THE call from our dealer saying it is in (any day now). I've been holding off buying Timbrens to see how it squats, but after seeing your pic, I'm ordering them this weekend. Still holding off on a generator but have the Honda EU7000is in my sights.
If you don't mind me asking; What kind of minor issues did you have? Is your Super Duty a long box?
Our truck is (and was) a long box. After a couple of trips we decided a dually would be better for such a big camper so we now have a 2016 F350 dually. We have the generator prep but couldn't decide on what one we wanted but will probably go with the onan. I can't remember what all the issues were, but they were minor (toilet water line was loose, light over the island was out etc) and we would have taken care of them ourselves but we had to go back to the dealer to do the paperwork anyway so we had them take of it. Our big slide (couch and dinette) is now sticking at the top when extending so we will take the camper in next week to get that taken care of. This is only our third weekend camping in it but so far we really like it!
Old 05-15-2016, 04:30 AM   #15

Installed an Onan 5500 EVAP into our pinnacle last month. It had the generator prep package and was quite easy to install. Hardest part was getting it into the compartment. Pretty tight. Built a stack of cribbing and put it on casters then rolled it up to the compartment and slid it off. Fit right in and all of the holes were pre drilled so bolt onion was easy. Had to supply a 12 volt negative ground cable and the exhaust pipe all the rest was provided in the prep package less wire connectors and some clamps for the gas lines.

And welcome to the forum

TNCraig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2016, 04:23 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNCraig View Post
Installed an Onan 5500 EVAP into our pinnacle last month. It had the generator prep package and was quite easy to install. Hardest part was getting it into the compartment. Pretty tight. Built a stack of cribbing and put it on casters then rolled it up to the compartment and slid it off. Fit right in and all of the holes were pre drilled so bolt onion was easy. Had to supply a 12 volt negative ground cable and the exhaust pipe all the rest was provided in the prep package less wire connectors and some clamps for the gas lines.

And welcome to the forum
Really glad to hear the generator install was easy. Good to know the prep package does have basically everything needed and the generator bolts right in like we were told it would!
Old 05-17-2016, 04:10 PM   #17

CONGRATULATIONS on your JAYCO!!!

...and WELCOME TO JOF!!!

Nice rig!!!
Old 07-24-2016, 06:38 PM   #18

Congrats. I have the same unit and love it.

Like you, found that the f250 wasn't quite enough for it though and that was proven when I ran it across the scales ... and was a few thousand over the payload weight rating (empty). The 350 has proven to be much better. Still like having the air bags in there though to keep the truck fairly level. Don't do a lot of night driving but I imagine I'd be highbeaming everyone without them.

Good luck!
loansinpa is offline   Reply With Quote