Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-24-2010, 07:47 PM   #1

Bathroom Door wanted to stay closed

After going from a pop-up to a 2010 28' Bhs, She wanted a potty, a lot more room, and hot water, I wanted to not have to think about when it rained will it leak this time. First trip out and low and behold the bathroom door won't open. Well so much for wanting a potty, After taking the door knob off it will be a breeze to get it to open, NOT!!! After about a hour she went 3 days with no door knob, oldest daughter didn't think that was cool. All fixed now and ready for the next trip out. KW
Lucky 7's is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 08:04 PM   #2

Keith.... Ya finally got the site figured out!!!! Sorry you had probs loggin' in here and with the b/r door on your tt, but it was really fun enjoying a pit fire with you! Welcome to the Jayco Owners Forum! Would ya like me to post a pic of your new tt here? If ya like, we can email the pics from that night to you. (We met Keith and his family while camping in Oelwein Iowa a week ago).
Denise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 08:30 PM   #3

Keith, welcome to the forum and congrats on the new tt! Sorry to hear about that bathroom door, glad you got er fixed. Post up some pics of your journeys and your rig when you can.

Home base... Hondo, Texas

2010 Jayco Jay Flight 26BH
2009 Ford FX4
4 Point Equil-i-zer hitch
https://www.armadillotimes.com
Hondopatrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 09:20 PM   #4

I got stuck INSIDE our bathroom once, after about 10 minuets of fiddling with the handle I got out. I had concidered busting out, but didnt want the mess and repair.
Old 08-25-2010, 06:34 AM   #5

I read on a different forum that a gals awning had collapsed over her entrance door and she was pinned inside due to some support bars jammed against the door.
Luckily her sister was camping next to her, so she called her on the cell phone and asked for help.
Old 08-25-2010, 09:23 AM   #6

I had the same problem in my keystone Zeppelin(sorry for the dirty word) and found out it was due to not being level enough .. so you may want to look at that.
93/2020,157/2019219/2018 206/2017,215/2016, 211/2015, 196/14, 247/13, 193/12

Seann45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 01:37 PM   #7

I thought I tried everything, It worked when I checked it at a rest stop, when we did get parked at cg my first thought was that it was in a bind due to not level-- about the only thing that I didn't do was rehook to the truck. When I did get it open the first time and after putting it back together I was thinking about going inside and closing the door. Well the short story is if I had done that the screwdriver would have been in there with me. Look at your door it don't come apart from the inside. My wife would have left me in there at that point. And she is the one that really wanted the potty. After getting it ot open the second time the latch was in three parts, that is when the cooler lid fell open and the 30 or so cold ones started calling "ME FIRST"
Old 08-26-2010, 11:12 AM   #8

Don't ya hate when coolers do that ???

I believe that's the international signal for "is it beer-thirty yet?"
Old 08-26-2010, 03:37 PM   #9

Weird how that works... we've had the same thing happen with corks on a wine bottle! Little suckers have a mind of their own
Denise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 02:05 PM   #10

Oh, the misadventures of the potty room door! My Jayco has the push-button lock on the bathroom door. While driving, sometimes the door opens and bumps into the closet, locking the doorknob. Then, the door slams shut, thus locking us out of the potty. The other side of the knob has a small hole where you can punch it to unlock (if you got something small enough to fit in there). Long story short, we replaced that door knob with one that locks by twisting, not pushing. While your travelling, you have the luxury of pulling over to use the bathroom...unless it is LOCKED! And, in those situations, you have probably waited as long as you could before pulling over. Needless to say, I have done the "unlock the potty door dance" too many times.
rvrev2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 03:57 PM   #11

So the potty dance , is that with a partner or solo???? I am sure the dance has almost had a bad outcome.

Sidecars: Katelyn, Garrett, & Madison