Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-08-2017, 11:46 AM   #1

Decals

We have a 2000 Jayco Kiwi 17a. The decals have faded to the point where they detract from the appearance. Can these decals be bought still or do they have to be painted over? If so what paint is recommended and what are the best match for colours.
Thanks
Alan
AlanWright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2017, 12:49 PM   #2

I know there's some mobile graphics companies that come out, copy decal,then make them and install them. You can call around to some graphic sign businesses or such and they should be able to give you some direction. I've seen it done several times at parks before. I've painted them before if the base paper is smooth and not split or checkered. I used a base coat with a urethane 2 part clear coat and it has worked great for me. Here's a pic of a relatives unit I did about 10 years ago. Decals still shiny and smooth like the day I did it.I did all the graphics but the pink narrow strips that were fine and still are. This unit had the exterior listed inside so it wasn't difficult to match. My new unit I haven't found any exterior color information so they must be trying to make it top secret now. If you going to paint though, you going to know how to use spray gun properly. A Spray can isn't going to cut if you want it nice looking and shiny. So it's possible, there is 2 options.
Attached Thumbnails
rsz_covered.jpg  

2014 Ram Dually 6.7 Diesel
2016 North Point 375BHFS
shadester is offline   Reply With Quote