Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-05-2015, 11:34 AM   #1

Greetings from the Midwest

Hi everyone. We just picked up our brand new North Point 377 RLBH last week - 5 nights, 2 campgrounds, and 300 miles in and we're loving it so far! This is our first 5th wheel for this family of 4 and we're looking forward to experiencing the RV lifestyle in our new Jayco as we travel around the US.
We reside in Illinois and we're camping in Michigan right now - currently in my hometown of Holland at the State Park.
Looking forward to participating in the forum, learning from seasoned veterans and providing what experience/advice we can offer as we go.
Attached Thumbnails
rv-clearwater-campground.jpg  
freddirkse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2015, 11:42 AM   #2

Welcome!!!
W/Air Lift air bags (front & rear)
Equal-I-Zer™ WDH & B&W Companion
TWP723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2015, 02:49 PM   #3

Our 377 is coming in at the end of the month. What features did you get and have you had any concerns with anything on it yet?
Kahoneys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2015, 03:55 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kahoneys View Post
Our 377 is coming in at the end of the month. What features did you get and have you had any concerns with anything on it yet?
Here's our config:
  • Customer Value Package + Add Heat Pump
  • Luxury Package
  • North Point Advantage Package
  • Convection Microwave w/ Oven
  • Residential Refrigerator
  • Backup Camera
  • 2nd AC (Low Profile) in Bedroom (15000 BTU)
  • Manual Cord Reel
  • Generator Prep
  • 5500 Watt Generator
  • Thermal Pane Tinted Safety Glass Windows
  • 2nd Power Awning w/ Fabric Shield
  • Slideout Awnings
  • Mahogany Interior Decor

So far I'm happy with all options and we've had no real issues thus far other than the extended foot rest on one of the theater seats won't go back in - but I haven't looked at it deeper yet.
I recommend the heat pump 110% - I'm amazed at how much heat it pumps out and how quickly this coach warms up. The fireplace is amazing as well - it looks nice but it really kicks out the heat!
The furniture is all very nice and the upgraded full memory foam mattresses are very nice...a little on the firm side, but very comfortable. We're adding a pillow topper regardless, which will make it extremely cozy.
Haven't used the convection oven yet, but I've heard from MANY people that rave about it - many use only the convection for cooking and don't turn on their ovens at all, so I'm looking forward to using it. We cook a lot so having a well stocked & efficient kitchen is very important.
That said, I'm happy with the residential refer thus far as well. Time will tell as to how it holds up with travelling, but having a full size fridge with ice maker and water dispenser sure is nice. It's efficient as well, so I believe boondocking with it will work out well as we add some solar.
Backup camera is a nice add on - I thought it was JUST the camera and I'd have to wire up my monitor myself in the tow vehicle but it's actually a wireless unit, so you get the screen for your tow vehicle and just plug it into 12v power and away you go! It has a microphone on it also so you can easily hear people yelling STOP before you hit the tree Reality is I'm still looking out the window, using mirrors and listening to people direct me far more than I'm looking at the backup camera so of all the features I'd say this is the least effective add thus far. But time will tell.
Haven't used the 2nd AC, but I imagine it will be very nice when we make it to the higher temps.
Manual cord real is very nice for storing the bulky shore power cord, very convenient.
Other than testing, we haven't used the generator yet but I'm sure it will be quite useful when we boondock. I'm planning on adding extensive solar so ideally we won't need it, but the times when we do need it I'll be glad I have it.
I believe the thermal pane windows are a nice upgrade. Hard to tell without comparing, but I think the energy savings will be worth it. They are sharp looking and have 'Insulated Window' stickers on them. Judging by how well the coach heats up and stays comfortable, I think they are worth it - and there are a lot of windows, which is one of the reasons we loved this design. It's very bright in the living areas, but then the black out shades gives you quick and effective privacy/darkness.
We like the 2nd awning - just more outside shade, and time will also tell on the slideout awnings. After watching others clean off their slides before pulling them in, I think it's a nice add.

The convenience center is very nice and super easy to use, and storage in this thing is quite amazing. So overall we're extremely happy thus far. I just hope we don't have any issues with the Auto Leveling system as I've seen many others have.

Feel free to ask any further questions, I'm happy to answer whatever I can, post pics, etc!
Old 10-05-2015, 05:21 PM   #5

Thank you for your detailed reply. It is reassuring that we made the right choice. Do you happen to know the size of the TV in the living area? I cannot find that statistic anywhere online or in the Jayco specs.
Kahoneys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2015, 09:39 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kahoneys View Post
Thank you for your detailed reply. It is reassuring that we made the right choice. Do you happen to know the size of the TV in the living area? I cannot find that statistic anywhere online or in the Jayco specs.
It's a 48inch TV, which for this size area is a great size - feels like a BIG TV. Kids love putting the TV up and down too, lol.
Old 10-07-2015, 10:00 AM   #7

We just purchased a North Point 311 with the residential refrigerator. I'm curious about how long the refrigerator will run on the batteries. We do a good bit of boon docking and so some type of expectation that the fridge will make it through the night without killing the batteries. We have 4 12 volt deep cycles wired in parallel. Thanks.

Jim
mtdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2015, 10:50 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtdawg View Post
We just purchased a North Point 311 with the residential refrigerator. I'm curious about how long the refrigerator will run on the batteries. We do a good bit of boon docking and so some type of expectation that the fridge will make it through the night without killing the batteries. We have 4 12 volt deep cycles wired in parallel. Thanks.

Jim
Hi Jim -
I can't give you any concrete assurances yet, but I would definitely put my money on you making it through 8 hours on that battery bank with room to spare - as long as you're not running any other devices pulling heavy juice like the AC, heat pump, etc. Although not ideal for the best night of sleep, you could do a one-night experiment and wake up every 2-3 hours and check your batteries.
Old 10-09-2015, 02:03 PM   #9

Congratulations, beautiful rig!
robkelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2015, 02:34 PM   #10

Welcome and congrats
fielro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2015, 03:18 PM   #11
Site Team

Welcome to the forum!
Crabman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2015, 08:11 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by freddirkse View Post
Hi Jim -
I can't give you any concrete assurances yet, but I would definitely put my money on you making it through 8 hours on that battery bank with room to spare - as long as you're not running any other devices pulling heavy juice like the AC, heat pump, etc. Although not ideal for the best night of sleep, you could do a one-night experiment and wake up every 2-3 hours and check your batteries.
I took your advice and ran them on the batteries just to see how long the refrigerator would last. I went for two full days and the charge indicator dropped from full to 2/3 charge. Made me pretty happy. I think it will work just fine.
mtdawg is offline   Reply With Quote