Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-17-2010, 10:24 AM   #1

Hello!

Greetings fellow Jayco owners!
DH and I are the new owners of a 2011 26RLS, we pick up our baby tomorrow! This will be our 3rd camper, but only our 2nd Jayco. We started out with a 2006 806 PUP...toooooooo small, toooooooooooooo much work for DH, so we traded it in for a 21' lightweight - another brand- not so happy with that one, not just because of size but think we got a 'Monday morning" make. So many issues! So we went back to the Jayco's and hope we will be as happy as we were with the quality of the PUP.
I am really excited about the floor plan because I didnt think I would be able to get the back window until we retired and got a 5th wheel! Yea! I will try and put up pictures next week, if I can figure out how to add them.
Until then, even though fall is on its way we will not winterize until we must! and then usually squeeze in a couple more weekends anyway.
I am sure we will have lots of questions because there were alot of things we didnt even use on our other trailer, like the fresh water tank, shower and hot water heater....this ones gonna be different!
Glad to meet you all!
joyride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 03:07 PM   #2

Welcome to to the forum! Like I just told Bill (new member), I look forward to hearing more from you and reading about your travels. Questions are welcome too, most here have had one thing or another, experience wise, happen so somebodies bound to have a answer.
RR Conductor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 03:38 PM   #3

Joyride,

We just ordered the same TT last Friday. It is not to come in until around the 1st week of Nov. But we live in a warm weather state so we can camp year round. I will be anxious to hear how you like it and any lessons learned.

We are coming from a PUP so the TT experience will be a new one for us. We have had our PUP for over 8 yrs andtraveled across country 5 times pulling it. We got to the point we could be set up in about 20 min. Tearing down look a longer. The black tank is going to be our learning curve since all we had was a cassette which wasn't too bad. The other will be the water heater with the added feature. I am sure I will need some new accessories for the TT that we will need.

I am looking forward to reading all the new post.

Mary Anne
maromeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 03:43 PM   #4

Congrats on the new TT Joyride. I just picked up my new 26BH on Tuesday. It's my first ever travel trailer, so I've been spending a lot of time making a list of all the goodies I need to equip it properly. Actually, I ordered a few things on Amazon yesterday (leveling pads, X-chocks, hitch lock, new cam locks to replace the common Jayco keyed locks), and I just finished putting together a list of things to pick up at Walmart.

I might take it out to the lake tomorrow and spend a couple of nights to start getting the hang of things.

Have a good one,
SmokerBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 07:44 PM   #5

Joyride welcome to the forum! Looking forward to those pics.

Bill we have the 26BH also and we really like it.

Home base... Hondo, Texas

2010 Jayco Jay Flight 26BH
2009 Ford FX4
4 Point Equil-i-zer hitch
https://www.armadillotimes.com
Hondopatrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 08:24 PM   #6

Welcome to the Jayco Owners Forum Joyride! Jump in anytime. We look forward to the pics and maiden voyage stories!
Denise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 11:01 AM   #7

Welcome to the forum joyride and cograts on your purchase.
Old 09-20-2010, 11:06 AM   #8

Welcome aboard joyride !