Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-08-2012, 09:14 AM   #1

Hello all from our white elephant.

We're learning the hard way about TTs. It's not possible to inspect one enough before a purchase. Yea, I sound a little bitter.
Never make a purchase under duress.

Anyway on the upside we at least have a place to live until I am well enough to work again.
We bought this in hopes of living in it in North Carolina until I find work and a place to live.
Expected to leave in August but now it looks like October until we can leave.
Probably just in time for it to be too cold to stay in the TT. We want to be near the ocean.
And hopefully somewhere a little less stressfull.
Check the TT section for more from us as we learn, repair and prepare to attempt survival in our white elephant in NC.

Newest developement after the roof leak...Found a crack in the tub. What next. Thank GOD everything comes from china or we would really be up a creek with out a paddle.

Happy Motoring

Harry (Eeyore)
harryort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 09:22 AM   #2

Welcome to the JOF Harry! We ordered our tt and had to just trust that the two year warranty would cover issues we would ultimately find. Luckily for us, we had no cracks or leaks. Glad you could find JOF... there are lots of threads on warranty questions/fixes to help other Jayco make/model issues. Hope things work out for you with the move to the ocean
Denise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 09:22 AM   #3

I am sorry to hear of your troubles. Hopefully things are under warranty. Water leaks need to be fixed ASAP or it will lead to much bigger issues, such as delamination.
NewJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 09:51 AM   #4

Harry.... Is this an 11 yr old tt or is it new?
Denise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 07:34 AM   #5

Hi all

First please let appologize for being so down about my TT. I have been ill(respiratory problems) for about 2 years. And as such depressed. Lost our home due to it all and although I seem to be getting better the cooler weather is causing me more trouble. I am trying to have faith in GOD and believe it will all be ok. Some moments are better than others. Again I appoligize for anything I've posted in poor spirits.

To healthi; It is an 11 year old TT. And our first. It seemed in great shape and maybe still so at 11 years old. I just don't deal well with troubles. Again I will work on looking up.

Also if anyone does have a recommendation on the tub crack please chime in. We will be leaving soon we hope and
harryort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 01:45 PM   #6
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by harryort View Post
Hi all

First please let appologize for being so down about my TT. I have been ill(respiratory problems) for about 2 years. And as such depressed. Lost our home due to it all and although I seem to be getting better the cooler weather is causing me more trouble. I am trying to have faith in GOD and believe it will all be ok. Some moments are better than others. Again I appoligize for anything I've posted in poor spirits.

To healthi; It is an 11 year old TT. And our first. It seemed in great shape and maybe still so at 11 years old. I just don't deal well with troubles. Again I will work on looking up.

Also if anyone does have a recommendation on the tub crack please chime in. We will be leaving soon we hope and

Sorry to hear about your issues. I think we were confused at first thinking this was a new trailer still under warranty. Hope you get fixed up soon.
Crabman is offline   Reply With Quote