Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-19-2011, 08:34 PM   #1

Hello everyone

Graduated from tents to a pop up and now a brand new X23J. Have been camping once in it so far this spring, nice to not have to crank up the roof! So far the camper has been great, we love the large slideout and tons of counter space. Only had a few issues with the manufacturing: 1. Leaking water fill hose where it connects to the water tank. 2. Cracked grey water drain fitting behind the side of the slid-out (yup, lots of water on the floor but cleaned up well). The slide out stressed the fitting when it is moved in and out. The factory put a steel bracket and a few hose clamps to try to relieve the stress, but I guess you would actually have to tighten the clamps to make it work. Fixed it myself by installing a metal fitting and 45 deg. elbow, and securely attaching the fitting to the steel bracket with the hose clamps. 3. Leaking sink drain fittings. 4. Crooked cabinet door, reattached hinges. All these things should have been noticed during the dealer prep and inspection. We didn't get a chance to check any of the plumbing at trailer pickup as the temps were below freezing, oh well, at least I enjoy working on the trailer. I listed a plumbing mod I did today, I have done several others and will post another time. Thanks for the great site! My Jayco trailer is great also.
tslarson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 08:55 PM   #2

Welcome Tslarson! Hope you enjoy that new X23J!

Hate to hear you are having some quality issues...that seems to happen from time to time - but overall I think you will find it a good quality unit. If you have problems - make the dealer mess with it - you paid for the warranty so let them worry about it!

Please post away!

2009 JayFlight Manual Library

Want to add a signature to your posts? --> Click Here
Terry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 09:05 PM   #3

100 mi round trip back to the dealer, and I can fix it better myself. I've spent the last 30 years fixing boats. Most of the systems are the same or very similar, just harder to get to on a boat. If something major or costly popped up, it would certainlly would go back to the dealer. By the way we are from NW Wisconsin. Nice to finally see spring.
tslarson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 01:52 AM   #4
Site Team

Welcome tslarson. It is good to know how to work on and fix things yourself, when possible.
Crabman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 05:56 AM   #5

Welcome to the forum tslarson from another Wisconsinite and congrats on your new X23J. Sorry to hear about your quality control issues but ay least you have the expertise to fix them yourself instead on making the 100 mile round trip to the dealer. Yeah, spring is finally here!
wiscampsin is offline   Reply With Quote