Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-31-2015, 12:56 PM   #1

Smile hello from AZ!

Hi Everyone!

New to rving or we have a travel tailer so i'm not sure if that matters or if people care if I use the wrong terms I'm new so I like to learn what's the best way to call things and not look like a fool. So my husband, my 2 year old and I just bought a Jayco Flight 29 QBS and we are looking for places to go. There are so many reviews, online forums, places to look for information, and site for rv parks. Please help me know how to streamline to the better or best sites in your humble opinion. Because I am the budgeter and planner of most trips, how can I tell which is the best for family friendly, safe, and worth my $? We have our maiden voyage set up for October, I want to go to CA preferably the beach area but not much is available. How far in advance should i plan and pay for our travels? What are the most busiest times to avoid if I can? Since our kid isn't in school yet we can travel a bit more flexibly than we can in a few years. Also my husband and I have been wanting to go out in our RV for Thanksgiving preferably not to a dunes or popular place, but not boondocking. It's been a dream of ours to do our own thing for the holidays with the people we want to see not the ones we are forced to see. I'm going to get so much flack for missing Thanksgiving this year but its worth it to me to start our own traditions as a family and find our niche. We are pretty quiet keep to ourselves people but want to meet new people especially other families with kids and retirees. Not to be rude or unkind but I could live my whole life without meeting a Cochella rver (nothing against them or rvers who like that kind of party lifestyle, that just isn't us) and be happy. So long winded answers are my speciality but information is what I crave and insider opinions are always appreciated.
schab3ng3l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2015, 02:24 PM   #2

Congratulations on the new TT and welcome! We're on the wrong side of the country to provide any advice on where to go, but there are plenty of other folks that will chime in shortly.
robkelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2015, 02:27 PM   #3

Well I'd love to hear about the East coast because we may be brave enough to venture out there in the near future! I've always wanted to go to North Carolina and spent my senior trip in Georgia and Florida. We've got family and friends who live all over the south and Northeast and mid west and basically everywhere. What are the best places to see in the East coast with small children and/or your favorites and why? Thanks for any information or opinions and especially the welcome!
schab3ng3l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2015, 02:44 PM   #4

I would recommend considering East Shore RV Park (full hookups with spacious lots) - it certainly doesn't feel like LA and seems like its above the smog line. Nice and grassy, has play grounds scattered around, a lake for fishing and water sports, and lots of walking trails. As it is a county park, there are rangers checking access so it is very safe and secure. When we were there, people from LA come up with their kids to get-away from the hustle-and-bustle, but it isn't so far you can't get to the various LA highlights (Disneyland, Knott's Berry Farm, Universal, La Brea, beaches, etc.)! Although it is a 7+ hour drive for us, any time we're in the LA area, this will be our campground of choice.

Genealogy Community Social Group Moderator
Hattie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
answers, newbie, questions, thanksgiving, where to go in new rv