Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-02-2014, 12:48 PM   #1

Hello from Central IL

Hi all,

I have already spoken with some of you on a couple of postings, but I haven't formally introduced myself.

My husband and I currently own a 2005 StarCraft Antigua 30QBH that we've owned for three years. We've enjoyed it, but for the past season we've had nothing but problems with it (it's from the pre-Jayco era). It's become a joke that every time we take it out, we've had to take it straight to the repair shop after the trip, with each repair costing about $300-500. This includes air conditioning issues, an electrical short that fried our electrical panel, the indicator panel for water/waste tank levels malfunctioning, and most recently the furnace crapped out. It also has a soft floor that is rapidly getting worse; can't find water leaks anywhere, so it's unknown if there is water damage or if it's the floor construction because pretty much the entire section of floor between the entry door and the middle of the camper bows under our weight.

Either way, when we last had it in the shop, we walked through a 2015 Jayco Jay Flight 33RLDS. And, fell in love. At first we were just playing with the idea and dreaming, then after about a week of mulling it over, we were placing the order for one with the options we wanted. Tentative delivery date is 5-8 weeks but of course hoping it arrives early. I've heard great things about Jayco, so we're hoping it turns out to be a good unit that we can use for many years to come.

Michelle
mspontiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2014, 01:49 PM   #2
Site Team

Welcome to the forum. I have a camping buddy with an Antiqua and he has the same soft floor problems, and it is getting really bad. It is due to the foam/luan sandwich floor construction, along with minimal under support. In any case enjoy the new 33RLDS!
Crabman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2014, 02:07 PM   #3

Welcome and congratulations on the new trailer!
DocBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2014, 05:33 PM   #4

Thanks!
Old 10-02-2014, 05:35 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crabman View Post
Welcome to the forum. I have a camping buddy with an Antiqua and he has the same soft floor problems, and it is getting really bad. It is due to the foam/luan sandwich floor construction, along with minimal under support. In any case enjoy the new 33RLDS!
Hmmm, very interesting. I was sure we were getting water from somewhere, but then again I can't really pinpoint any particular area that feels softer than the others. It's like the whole section of floor bows. Either way, she's headed down the road soon and we're looking forward to the Jayco.
Old 10-03-2014, 03:42 AM   #6

Congratulations on the new TT and welcome!
robkelly is offline   Reply With Quote