Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-13-2012, 09:27 AM   #1

Hello from Colorado Springs, CO !

Hello all,

My wife and I pulled the trigger this weekend on a new motorhome, 2012 Greyhawk 31ds, and I am glad we did. Our friends think we are crazy and are giving us a hard time because we are in our 30's and not their parents lol. In our minds, however, you need to do the things you want to do and enjoy life while you can because you never know when it can be taken from you.

We joined this forum because we are very green to RVing and wanted a friendly place to chat with others that have the same passion of enjoying the road and sights. We have been lurking in these forums for a while and have appreciated how knowledgeable and nice everyone has been on here. We look forward to getting to know all of you and taking advice from the experts on these boards.

The first general question I have is about the walk through we will be having on our RV tomorrow morning. Since many of you have gone through this process what are some questions I should be asking as we go through it? As a side note we are having our daughter video the walk through so I can re-watch it later if needed. Very nervous I will forget something important and this is certainly something we want to take care of.

Thanks all,
The Mattsen Family
Mattsen Family is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 10:36 AM   #2

Hi and welcome!
Video taping the walkthrough is a great idea. We just took notepads and jotted down the important stuff.
As far as the walkthrough, just be sure to look at everything! Open all doors, drawers and cabinets, look for any damage, look for screws popping out, loose panels ect. Also, have hime fire up all the appliances (TV, heater, A/C, Stereo, ect) and make sure they all work to your satisfaction, check all the faucets and make sure they work. Look for water damage ect.
Heres is a link to a list you can download http://camping.about.com/gi/o.htm?zi...yout%3Ddefault I think list #7 on that page is for motorhomes. I didn't use one of these lists for our walkthrough, kinda seemed like overkill to me. But I did read through it and it prompted a few questions to bring up.
Good luck! Have fun

Brian
brbeel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 10:49 AM   #3

Thank you very much. Great suggestions.
Mattsen Family is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 11:01 AM   #4

Welcome to the JOF Mattsens! As Brian mentioned, members have said that the PDI link above was a big help! Glad you could find us; members here are very knowlegable and happy to share their experiences. Congrats on the new MH
Denise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 03:25 PM   #5
Site Team

Welcome to the forum! Since you`ve already gotten great PDI advice, I`ll just add enjoy the new MH!
Crabman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 06:43 PM   #6

Welcome, have you been to Mueller State Park? The pictures I have seen look fantastic there are some sites have a view of Pikes Peak.
2013 Jayco X23B
2013 Ram 1500 Crew Cab
Jpetrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 07:54 AM   #7

Welcome and congrats!
exjay1 is offline   Reply With Quote