Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-15-2013, 11:58 PM   #1

Hello from Flagstaff Arizona

Hi there,

About 3 weeks ago we picked up our 2014 Jayco Jay Flight Swift 264BH. This is the first trailer of any kind we have ever owned. In addition, about a week before that we bought a 2008 Nissan Titan 4X4 with the "Big Tow" package. I am 43 years old and this is also the first truck I ever owned. We have been a Jeep Wrangler family. We started our discussions around trading in the Jeep for a truck so we could get a pop up trailer because a 2 door jeep can't tow much more than a red Ryder wagon with about 30 pounds of dirt in it. Well, one trip down to Phoenix to the dealership and we quickly decided a pop up was a bit small. I never imagined getting a trailer that has a total length of 29 feet! I was very anxious about the size of this trailer but we have been out the last two weekends dry camping and I am so glad we got this one. It is actually kind of ridiculous how nice it is. We don't even call it camping, we jokingly call it "parking". When we got it home to Flagstaff I whipped it around and backed in up in the exact spot I wanted it and my wife said that she was impressed because I did it so effortlessly on the first attempt. The Navy let me move planes around the flight deck of an aircraft carrier so I was never worried about parking it, I was worried about towing it down the highway. The dealer put on a WD hitch and sway control and I didn't even notice it behind me coming up the hill from Phoenix. We are very excited and love how much room there is in as it is only the two of us and our 8 year old son. Sorry for the lengthy post. I will spend a lot of time on this forum because I am operating in the area of "stuff I don't even know I don't know yet".

Take care.
Eckman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 05:07 PM   #2

Congrats and welcome from a Phoenician. You are in a beautiful area with so many places to camp. Did you purchase at Little Dealer? That is who we have purchased from. Enjoy your new TT ( I mean "parking" unit). That is how we felt when we traded in the PUP to a TT.
Take care.

Mary Anne
2011 Jayco Jay Flight 26RLS-Sold
2014 Jayco Eagle 298 RLDS
maromeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 10:43 AM   #3

Welcome to the JOF eckman!
Denise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 09:14 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by maromeo View Post
Congrats and welcome from a Phoenician. You are in a beautiful area with so many places to camp. Did you purchase at Little Dealer? That is who we have purchased from. Enjoy your new TT ( I mean "parking" unit). That is how we felt when we traded in the PUP to a TT.
Take care.

Mary Anne
Hi Mary Anne,

Yes, we purchased at Little Dealer in Deer Valley. They were very nice and helpful. It has been fun and we can't wait to take our trailer out on a list trip to Telluride or Yellowstone. Thanks for the welcome!
Old 08-19-2013, 04:42 PM   #5

Eckman,
Enjoy your new TT. We took a trip this past summer to Durango and stayed for several days on our way to MN. If you go to Yellowstone don't miss the Grand Tetons. One of our favorite places.You all love it.

We traded in our 26RLS for a bit longer and Eagle 298RLDS. The 4 feet does make a difference but DH does a fine job backing it into it's home on the side of the house. He had lots of practice on the farm.

Congrats and enjoy. If you need any info on Yellowstone or the Grand Tetons please feel free to PM me.

Mary Anne
2011 Jayco Jay Flight 26RLS-Sold
2014 Jayco Eagle 298 RLDS
maromeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 05:09 PM   #6

Hello from Flagstaff Arizona

Welcome Eckman. We call it glamping (glamorous camping). Enjoy your new purchase. Any questions ask away! No dumb questions, except the one you didn't ask.

2003 Coleman Bayside / 2011 Jayco Jayfeather X20E -- RIP
2012 Tacoma Sport DCSB / 2013 Tundra SR5 - RIP
Heady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 11:33 AM   #7

Hi Eckman,
We just bought the same trailer from the same place. Can't wait to get out there and use it now. Be careful on the 17 out there.
N8ster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 05:57 PM   #8
Site Team

Welcome to the user friendly Jayco Owners forum! Our members just love to answer questions or help out other members when possible and have fun sharing their experiences . They also love pictures of your RV, tow vehicles, and campsites!! So do not hesitate to post pics of your Jayco in the "Pics of your Jayco forum" and pics of your tow vehicle in the "Tow Vehicle forum".

Feel free to participate in our many fun polls (first thread in New Members forum has them all listed, second thread has more new member welcoming info). Post often, have fun with the forum, and enjoy your Jayco!
Crabman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 08:49 AM   #9

Cool New Member from Oshawa,Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by N8ster View Post
Hi Eckman,
We just bought the same trailer from the same place. Can't wait to get out there and use it now. Be careful on the 17 out there.
Hey Eckman:
My wife & I were on a 3 week car vacation to California, Nevada and Arizona in the fall of 2010. Near the end of September we were staying in a hotel in Flagstaff Arizona. Little did we know,without any warnings-3 tornadoes touched down around our location. When we got up in the morning to visit the Grand Canyon there was about 2 inches of hail on the highway with many downed trees. We loved your part of the country but to make a long story shorter we attended an RV trade show to purchase a travel trailer when we got home as we much prefer the RV lifestyle to living out of suitcases on hotel rooms. Our Jayco RKS24 is our second trailer and we look forward to coming back to your neck of the woods next year.

Pam & Dave
Oshawa,Canada
TT 2011 Jay Flight RKS24 (sold)
TV 2010 Ram Laramie 5.7 Litre Hemi 3.55 gears
Equalizer Hitch
Yamaha 2400is
jddave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 10:36 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by jddave View Post
Hey Eckman:
My wife & I were on a 3 week car vacation to California, Nevada and Arizona in the fall of 2010. Near the end of September we were staying in a hotel in Flagstaff Arizona. Little did we know,without any warnings-3 tornadoes touched down around our location. When we got up in the morning to visit the Grand Canyon there was about 2 inches of hail on the highway with many downed trees. We loved your part of the country but to make a long story shorter we attended an RV trade show to purchase a travel trailer when we got home as we much prefer the RV lifestyle to living out of suitcases on hotel rooms. Our Jayco RKS24 is our second trailer and we look forward to coming back to your neck of the woods next year.

Pam & Dave
Oshawa,Canada
Yes, the weather can be a bit crazy here at times given the 7000 ft elevation. Right now we are at the tail end of monsoon season which means lots of lightning storms and rain. It is nice though, today it was 82 but the low will be about 45. Most of the homes here do not have air conditioning. It is pretty expensive though. If my house was in Phoenix, It would have cost me half of what I paid here.