Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-01-2012, 08:30 PM   #1

Hello from Rhode Island

Hey everyone,

I am here researching travel trailers. I haven't owned one since I was a lot younger and less wise... Mid 90s to be exact. I have narrowed it down to 2.

Jayco X213
Roo 23RS

Both are similar in specs. There are pros and cons to both. Biggest con to me is that I didn't feel like they treated me well at the Jayco dealer as they did at the Roo dealer. Maybe I can find a different salesman?
Old 10-01-2012, 08:47 PM   #2

Hey ChooChoo! Welcome to the forum....well I hate you were not treated well at the Jayco dealer...but hopefully we will treat you right here!

Hopefully you can find a dealer you will like...I cant say I am familiar with the Roo....but hopefully some folks here can help you with your decision. Regardless of what you choose...you are always welcome here!

2009 JayFlight Manual Library

Want to add a signature to your posts? --> Click Here
Terry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 02:26 AM   #3
Site Team

Welcome to the forum! The first salesman that I talked to left me unimpressed as well. So I went elsewhere and was treated good. I suppose its luck of the draw with any brand on how your experience will be with the salesman and dealer.
Crabman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 03:08 AM   #4

Please don't base your evaluation of Jayco units on one particular salesman or dealer. We did a lot of research on construction and quality, and Jayco came out miles ahead of whatever is in second place. As stated above, try another dealer/salesman before you decide.
Retired at last !

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.
tinlizzie23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 05:08 AM   #5

Hi ChooChooMan74 & Welcome,

We were in the same position about 2 years ago. We had narrowed our search down to Jayco's X17Z, and Rockwoods' Roo. Either would have been a good choice. The floorplans and features were comperable and fit our travel and camping style. We went with the X17Z because we were previous Jayco owners and very satisfied with their product and service. And we are glad we did -we are satisfied owners for the second time. We also stayed with the same dealer because they treated us "right" the first time. (And, I'm not an easy sell.)
OnTheGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 05:39 AM   #6

ChooChoo, We looked at several makes of hybrids also. Narrowed it down to Jayco and Roo. Really thought that the quality and construction of the Jayco was far better and bought a X19H. We were extremely happy, never had a problem lots of great trips. We just traded it in at the dealer where we bought it and we pick up our new Pinnacle next week, can't wait. Hope to be full time by end of the year!

2012 F350 DRW Diesel
2012 Pinnacle 35LKTS
dlkuhn573 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 07:14 AM   #7

When I went to XYZ dealer to look at Jaycos, the salesman was from another location filling in. I told him that I was in the market but won't be buying until possibly Boston RV show. He showed me a used X213 quick and handed me a popup brochure. Only good thing is that he made me aware that Jayco makes the floorplan I am looking for.
Old 10-03-2012, 05:48 AM   #8

Welcome to the forum. We've had our x213 for two years and we love it. We bought it after looking at a lot of TTs and floorplans. It was the best floor plan for us. Our Jayco dealer was great.
fochman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 01:36 PM   #9

Thanks everyone. Well, I put a down payment on one today. My friend was just hired by a Jayco dealer 3 hours away. Got a decent price and I am glad to help a friend.