Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-25-2016, 09:19 AM   #1

Hello from WA state

Hello
We are Chris & Tara.
We have a 2015 Jayco Eagle 338rets TT (2nd Eagle we have owned).
Looking into the Eagle series 5th wheels now.
Just my opinion, but the new 2017 hardware, light fixtures & medicine cabinet are ugly in the one Eagle I have seen in person. All our hardware in ours right now is a soft black & plain light fixtures & a nice big wood medicine cabinet & realistic stone fireplace.
Now the fireplace stone looks & feels like true plastic & the medicine cabinet is one that looks like the metal box with a full front mirror screwed onto the wall, with upside down double walled wine glasses for light fixtures. Just a much colder feel to me. Not warm, cozy, country feel. Those are all things we could change out over time though.
Looking for anyone with opinions on the Eagle series front living room model (339flqs) (this model does not offer any washer/dryer area) or the rear living room wrap around couch model (2017 327ckts/2016 323lkts) or the middle bunk model (355mbqs).
Any info is much apreciated!
I hope I can figure out how to use this forum correctly!
Tara
Orcuttclan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2016, 10:11 AM   #2

Welcome to the forum from WA. I don't have the model you are looking at but we do have an Eagle Premier 361 REQS 5er. Really like the coach and it seems to be holding up well. The problems we have had were fixed without hassle and I like the 2 yr warranty. It takes a while to find all the smaller items you may want fixed. And I am sure you will have several on a new coach.
2013 GMC Sierra 2500 CC SB 4x4 Duramax
skijlw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2016, 11:01 AM   #3

Welcome!

We have the 323LKTS and are thrilled with it. As with any new rig, there have been a few minor things to take care of, but that's to be expected. The towing experience is also significantly better with the 5er vs. previous TT. Backing has been the biggest thing for me to adjust to as it reacts very differently from a bumper pull.

When we started looking we were sure it would be the FLQS but once we saw one in person decided it wasn't the floor plan for us. It was beautiful though.

Haven't seen much of the 327CKTS, but from what little I have it looks like the 323LKTS floor plan. Don't know if that's because Jayco is rebranding the LKTS or the website I saw posted the wrong floor plan.
robkelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2016, 12:57 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by skijlw View Post
Welcome to the forum from WA. I don't have the model you are looking at but we do have an Eagle Premier 361 REQS 5er. Really like the coach and it seems to be holding up well. The problems we have had were fixed without hassle and I like the 2 yr warranty. It takes a while to find all the smaller items you may want fixed. And I am sure you will have several on a new coach.
Thank you!
And thank you for your opinions!
Old 06-25-2016, 01:00 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by robkelly View Post
Welcome!

We have the 323LKTS and are thrilled with it. As with any new rig, there have been a few minor things to take care of, but that's to be expected. The towing experience is also significantly better with the 5er vs. previous TT. Backing has been the biggest thing for me to adjust to as it reacts very differently from a bumper pull.

When we started looking we were sure it would be the FLQS but once we saw one in person decided it wasn't the floor plan for us. It was beautiful though.

Haven't seen much of the 327CKTS, but from what little I have it looks like the 323LKTS floor plan. Don't know if that's because Jayco is rebranding the LKTS or the website I saw posted the wrong floor plan.
Thank you for the reply!
Much appreciated!
Old 06-25-2016, 04:14 PM   #6
Site Team

CONGRATULATIONS on the JAYCO!!!

...and WELCOME TO JOF!!! The members here are GREAT!!! There is a lot of GREAT information to be found here. I am sure that you will have information and pictures to share with us... so please do!!

Don
Mustang65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2016, 05:38 PM   #7

And welcome from Podunk!
Old 06-28-2016, 11:37 AM   #8

I'm picking up my new 17 Eagle 355MBQS July 6th, and coming out of an 11 Eagle Superlite 314BDS TT. Made the move to the 5th wheel and love the layout of the 355MBQS. I won't have any tips to offer regarding towing as it will be on a seasonal site, but I'll post pics and my opinion on the rig. The layout is my favorite, along with the North Point 377RLBH.
rachburger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2016, 03:24 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang65 View Post
CONGRATULATIONS on the JAYCO!!!

...and WELCOME TO JOF!!! The members here are GREAT!!! There is a lot of GREAT information to be found here. I am sure that you will have information and pictures to share with us... so please do!!

Don
Thank you. We have owned 4 travel trailers with 2 of them being Jaycos. We are ordering the Jayco Eagle 339flqs right now. Hopeully have it by midsummer!
I have not been able to figure out how to add photos to a thread. I did figure out how to make & add.them to an album though. I have a few photos in the album of our current Jayco Eagle 338rets.
Also, how is everyone getting their names, rv & tow vehicle at the bottom of their text box?
Sorry...newbie here to a forum. I barely know how to navigate this site.
Old 06-28-2016, 03:25 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoppers4 View Post
And welcome from Podunk!
Thank you!
Old 06-28-2016, 03:28 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachburger View Post
I'm picking up my new 17 Eagle 355MBQS July 6th, and coming out of an 11 Eagle Superlite 314BDS TT. Made the move to the 5th wheel and love the layout of the 355MBQS. I won't have any tips to offer regarding towing as it will be on a seasonal site, but I'll post pics and my opinion on the rig. The layout is my favorite, along with the North Point 377RLBH.
Congratulations! We would of liked to gotten the same one as you are getting, but it is slightly out of our price range. I bet you're gonna love that thing! Can wait to see pics of the inside!
Happy camping!