Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-18-2014, 10:50 AM   #1

Hello From Washington (The State!)

Hello All,
Great site with LOT's of good info!

We are out of the kid business and are looking to get back into camping. We have owned older TT's and 5'vrs but are looking at a nice TT for just us. We have a very nice 2013 RAM 2500 with the Cummins engine so we can tow just about anything but we do want to try and keep the size close to about 30' due to parks etc. We don't want to be limited on where we can go too much. I am retired Navy and still working for the Gov't and my wife also works in Gov't for the VA. Both kids are out of college and doing well so it just sort of felt like now is the time to get back envolved.

So far by reading (a lot) of info out on the WWW I have to say that Jayco seems to have not only a good product but also a good following of loyal owners. That says quite a bit about the brand, so they are right up there on my list. I personnally think that a majority of the manufactures these days make a pretty good trailer, some better some worse but I think a lot comes down to attention to detail, both on their part and ours. So going in I know that buying a trailer comes with the responsibility of maintaining the trailer. Part of that will be the pre-purchase inspection.

Right now we are debating on new/used. I know there are some deals to be had on the used side of the house but it also comes with the unknown. On the new side, you still have the unkown, how was it built but you do have a warrenty. Would be interested to hear your take on new / used. As this will be our trailer for a LONG time ( we don't plan on 2' itis) I am leaning to new.

Well enough rambling on, time to go back to looking at posts! Feel free to drop me any information you have Jayco or not. Thanks!
Old 07-18-2014, 11:36 PM   #2

Welcome to the forum, neighbor. I'm living full time in my Jayco in Bonnie Lake.

I bought my trailer new, just for the reason you mentioned. I never owned one before, and didn't want to go through the learning curve with something that could have problems I couldn't handle myself. Paying more and having a warranty is worth it sometimes.
SmokerBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 09:06 AM   #3

Thumbs up

Welcome
Threebutchers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 09:30 AM   #4

Welcome to the JOF! Good luck on your TT hunt. We're on our second Jayco (just upgraded) but still haven't bought a new one although I certainly understand your reasoning. Go with your gut and Happy Camping! [emoji2]
Old 07-19-2014, 02:29 PM   #5

Hello from north of the 49th.
SecretCoveDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 02:52 PM   #6

Hello from a Walla Walla native transplanted in Tennessee.
LBL 1206 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 02:54 PM   #7

Hello and just below the 49th. in Bellingham.
Tunce the traveler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 09:50 PM   #8

Welcome we are just across the border from you and camp in that area frequently. We went new because we plan on keeping it for quite awhile at least 8 years or so.

66 nights in 2016
61 nights in 2015
Derek700 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 10:57 PM   #9

Welcome

Yes there is so much to do in the PNW. Camping does change without kids but is still awesome.
Luvthenw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 11:30 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvthenw View Post
Camping does change without kids but is still awesome.
Well our kids left and now we have the "Tunce" and it's much easier this way. I now have 2 fewer cars and payments and get a much better nights sleep because I couldn't sleep if they weren't home at a reasonable hour. Got rid of my big gun because DD is married now. Son calls now for advice but when he lived at home he knew it all. Camping didn't change things too much for us because they still join us from time to time but when they they do Tunce gets the sofa.
Attached Thumbnails
image.jpg  
Tunce the traveler is online now   Reply With Quote