Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 12-06-2012, 09:52 AM   #1

Hey from the N.C. foothills

Hey everybody I'm a ole truck driver and all my friends just call me "Bull". I live just a few miles from the hometown of Andy Griffith and the real life "Mayberry". Me , my wife and 2 kids have been camper's for several years. Right now we have a 04 Jayflight 29BHS but are waiting the arrival of our new 2013 36BHDS that we will be setting up on a semi-permanant spot at a close to home popular campground.
THABULL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 12:22 PM   #2

Hi Bull, congratulations on the new purchase and welcome to the group!

2003 Ford F-250 XLT Lariat
6.0L Powerstroke V8
2013 Jayco JayFlight 24FBS
Equal-i-zer hitch
Tekonsha P3
BlueHaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 07:08 PM   #3

Bull,

Welcome to JOF.

Congrats on the new 36BHDS. Post pics when you get it. We like pictures.

2006 Chevy Silverado 2500HD Duramax LBZ, CC, 4X4
2005 Jayco Talon ZX24-E Toy Hauler(SOLD).
2017 Forest River Hyper Lite XLR
Prodigy P2 Brake Control
12K Husky Straight Line WD Hitch
chipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 07:14 PM   #4
Site Team

Welcome to the forum! Enjoy the new Jayco.
Crabman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 08:01 PM   #5

Welcome to Jayco Owners Forum. Sounds as if you have a great plan for that new Jayco. Enjoy.
dg1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 09:15 PM   #6

Congrats on your new rig and welcome to the JOF. Some pretty country where you are. Never quite made it to Mount Airy... but have been close by before, just across the line in Patrick County, VA.

"Roughing it Cheaply"
Albums:
https://www.jaycoowners.com/album.php?u=3163
Boss Wagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 05:35 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueHaul View Post
Hi Bull, congratulations on the new purchase and welcome to the group!
Thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by chipper View Post
Bull,

Welcome to JOF.

Congrats on the new 36BHDS. Post pics when you get it. We like pictures.
Thanks and I will.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crabman View Post
Welcome to the forum! Enjoy the new Jayco.
Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by dg1971 View Post
Welcome to Jayco Owners Forum. Sounds as if you have a great plan for that new Jayco. Enjoy.
Thanks and Yeh we are looking forward to having it set up in 1 spot. We are going to build a roofed porch on to it and try and make our spot look really nice. With me being a truckers having it parked will allow my family to get plenty of use out of this camper.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss Wagon View Post
Congrats on your new rig and welcome to the JOF. Some pretty country where you are. Never quite made it to Mount Airy... but have been close by before, just across the line in Patrick County, VA.
Thanks and yes I'm very proud and fortunate to live where I do.
Old 12-07-2012, 06:08 AM   #8

Welcome to the Forum from Northwest Indiana. Congrats on the new trailer.
fochman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 12:36 AM   #9

Hello Thabull,

Welcome from just up north in VA! We are getting ready to place an order for a Jayco 36BHDS this week. My wife and I are like kids waiting for Christmas! When do you expect to take receipt? Once the order is placed, Jayco said the next run for the 36BHDS is mid Jan, which we hope ours is built in that time frame. Then we will have shipped to the dealer, do the full demo, and move to our seasonal site. With a little luck all of this will be done my mid-Apr, lets keep our fingers crossed. Let me know how your set up goes and we will do the same to prevent both of us from making some of the same mistakes.

Again welcome and look forward to seeing your new camper!

Andy

2008 Ford Expedition
1996 Ford Bronco
2008 Non-Jayco Travel Trailer
2006 Stingray 195CS
2013 36BHDS Ordered Dec 11, impatiently waiting....
morrisaaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 03:30 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by morrisaaf View Post
Hello Thabull,
K
Welcome from just up north in VA! We are getting ready to place an order for a Jayco 36BHDS this week. My wife and I are like kids waiting for Christmas! When do you expect to take receipt? Once the order is placed, Jayco said the next run for the 36BHDS is mid Jan, which we hope ours is built in that time frame. Then we will have shipped to the dealer, do the full demo, and move to our seasonal site. With a little luck all of this will be done my mid-Apr, lets keep our fingers crossed. Let me know how your set up goes and we will do the same to prevent both of us from making some of the same mistakes.

Andy
We thought we were going to haft order but when our dealer called the factory they had 2 ready to roll with 1 with how we wanted it. Expecting to take delivery Dec. 19th.
Old 12-08-2012, 12:05 PM   #11

Quote:
Hello Thabull,

Andy
BTW this is the unit we looked at this week at this dealer , we were $2000 apart on making a deal so we walked and are doing business with another dealer. If you don't want to wait and don't mind a drive this might be one too consider if you can make a deal with them. http://www.billplemmonsrv.com/invent...ht-36BHDS.aspx
Old 12-10-2012, 03:57 PM   #12

We were not as lucky, plus we wanted to have the 2nd A/C and no dealerships I talked to order with the second A/C. I know it is a little over kill, but I would rather have the issue of being too cold, than warm on a hot summer afternoon. Congrats on your 36BHDS, post pics once you get it. We will not take final delivery at our seasonal site until late March/early April...

2008 Ford Expedition
1996 Ford Bronco
2008 Non-Jayco Travel Trailer
2006 Stingray 195CS
2013 36BHDS Ordered Dec 11, impatiently waiting....
morrisaaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 06:41 AM   #13

Quote:
We were not as lucky, plus we wanted to have the 2nd A/C and no dealerships I talked to order with the second A/C. I know it is a little over kill, but I would rather have the issue of being too cold, than warm on a hot summer afternoon. Congrats on your 36BHDS, post pics once you get it. We will not take final delivery at our seasonal site until late March/early April...
Hopefully with the thermo package and the 15,000BTU A/C unit we will be fine. Our seasonal spot has no shade but I have a good friend that I'm parked next too and he has the same unit and he has never had a problem keeping his cool. If I see it's a problem I'll try some window shades 1st too see if that helps.
Old 12-11-2012, 07:52 AM   #14

We have the 15000 BTU and the thermal package in our 32bhds and have never had a situation where our camper wasn't cool enough. I don't think you will have problems at all.

DieselX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 09:05 AM   #15

THABULL.......DW and I have 2012 36BHDS that we have on a permanent site in the mountains of central PA. You will just love yours as we do. The sliding glass door makes you fell like the outdoors is indoors. Plenty of room in the bath and full size refrigerator is a big plus for an extended stay and it keeps the beer nice and cold. I am sure that you will really enjoy tours.
paflyfisher is offline   Reply With Quote