Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-12-2012, 10:34 AM   #1

Hi from New Mexico

Hello all,
Just picked up our Jayco X23B last weekend and cant wait to take her out for a test camp! Wer'e palnning on a short trip <50 miles each way to get familiar with the trailer. We camped out over the weekend in our driveway and had a great time. This trip will just be me and the wife and our 4yr old daughter.
Our tow vehicle is a 06 Toyota Tacoma Sport Long bed and I had the dealership set me up with a Reese SC hitch. Pulled home pretty good, I could definiely tell it was back there. Cant wait to get the trailer loaded with proper toungue weight and the hitch setup adjusted to really test it out.
I look forward to chatting with you all and getting some helpful tips and trick from you all.

Thanks,
Brian
brbeel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 10:40 AM   #2

Welcome to the JOF Brian. Camp Driveway is great place to start out. Our grandkids still like to do a Camp Driveway when we can't get to the cg. There are quite a few members here with the Jayco X23B. Congrats on your new hybrid!
Denise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 02:59 PM   #3

Welcome to the JOF, brbeel. Have a great time on your first camping trip.

2015 Ford F350 Lariat FX4 6.7 CC DRW
2015 Eagle Premier 351RSTS

Quahog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 07:24 PM   #4

Hello welcome, we pick our X23B this Saturday and have a trip planned for September 20th
2013 Jayco X23B
2013 Ram 1500 Crew Cab
Jpetrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 09:46 AM   #5

We will be doing a driveway camp as well the first night we get our Jayco 31ds tomorrow. Then this weekend is a 20 minute drive to a local KOA to get even more familiar with it. Happy camping!
Mattsen Family is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 10:14 AM   #6

Wow thank you everybody for the warm welcome!
I've been enjoying surfing around the forum and looking at all the tips and tricks and cool mods. I was wondering if anyone new af any good websites to find out about campgrounds in the area. Maybe one that shows what they have to offer like full hookups or other amentities. I found one one website that shows the state parks and has information about the park and photos of each campsite. pretty cool! Check it out its called http://www.campsitephotos.com I'd be interested to know of any other sites that you might like.

Thanks,
Brian
brbeel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 10:55 AM   #7

That is a pretty cool website. I'm bummed that there is only one state park for NY!

There is a place we camp, a veritable Eden if you will, and there are photos posted for every single site, several angles in fact. It's our favorite place to go, but it's a solid 4-1/2 hours away, so we need to plan that one out for a full week when we go. Here's the site if anyone is interested in checking it out. I know that a lot of Canadians like to visit as well, as it's pretty far to the north in NYS. We'd love to go there in the fall sometime. Maybe next year if we save enough vacation time.

http://fishcreekpond.com/rollinspond.php We camp at Rollins, as it's much quieter and more serene than Fish Creek.

Anyhow, it's cool just to check out the campsite pics.

Karen, Scott, our daughers (6 and 9), and Finley (Finn) the wonder lab.

2013 Jayco Jayfeather X23B
2001 Viking 2485ST pop up
southpaw211 is offline   Reply With Quote