Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-28-2011, 07:38 PM   #1

Howdy from Texas

Just wanted to say "Hi" and introduce myself a bit. I just moved into a 2011 Jay Flight 22FB last Monday and am thoroughly enjoying it. I'm in San Marcos, TX finishing the last half of my schooling at Texas State University and so far I can tell this was a wise choice moving into a travel trailer for the first time. It sure beats living in an apartment and at least I'll have something to show for my monthly payments in the end. The campground I'm at is nice and quiet and I'm on the outskirts of town so I'm not dealing with the hussle and bustle of the city.

As for my personal interests... I dig old muscle cars (I'm working on one of my own with my dad in my spare time), kayaking, fishing, camping, etc.. I'm studying Criminal Justice with an aspiration of joining Texas Parks & Wildlife post school. Should everything go as planned I will find myself living in this trailer as a Park Ranger somewhere in one of the many gorgeous places the Lone Star state has to offer.

I'm looking foward to participating here on the forum and getting to know many of you folks. However, just as a forwarning, I imagine I'll have quite a few questions for the next few months.

Cheers!
Michael
MikeS82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 08:50 PM   #2

Welcome to the forum Michael and congrats on your 2011 Jay Flight 22FB. Sounds like a good plan.
wiscampsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 10:52 PM   #3

Welcome to the Jayco Owners Forum Michael! You are ambitious and will go places! Maybe not to different cg's at the moment, but that time will come! LOL

We stay in our tt 3 weeks to 3 months at a time. Check my signi, although our tt is "small" for semi-fulltime, we do well as my camping buddy and I like each other and parnter up well (DH for 33 years).

Ask away, I can pretty much guarantee you aren't going to be able to stump anyone here as we have so many members with vast experiences. Congrats on working on your criminal justice degree as well as your new tt!!
Denise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 11:17 PM   #4

Thanks for the warm welcoming you two.

healthi, I feel you on the "small" living aspect. I'm nearly two weeks into my living arrangement and while it's a very tight home, it's also very nice to have such a compact area to call home. I live a very meager life for someone of my age but I fancy it very much! Now, I just need to sell my Ranger and get a bigger truck that can actually pull the trailer when need be.
2000 Ford F-150 XLT '4x4 Off Road' package - 5.4L / 4-speed automatic w/ 3.55 LSD rear end
2011 Jayco Jay Flight 22FB (Home sweet home!)
MikeS82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 02:09 PM   #5

Welcome to the forum MikeS82! You'll find plenty of useful info and help here, as well as just good conversation! I'm living FT in a Jayflight 31 BHS with my DW and a 4 year old, and we love it! As a Texan, I'm hoping to run into ya sometime at our wonderful CG's here in the Lone Star state!!!

Fair winds and happy trails...
GKopecky1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 03:32 PM   #6
Site Team

Welcome tom the forum Mike. Looks like your Jayco is Home Sweet Home!
Crabman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 07:58 PM   #7

Welcome Mike and it's not a bad idea to build some equity versus just paying rent.
2edgesword is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 09:17 PM   #8

Congrats on the trailer. I have to say at least you have a plan, There are to many young people out there that don't. Again congrats Ernie
2018 Jayco Jayfeather 27 RL, 2002 Ford excursion, v-10, 3:73 gears 4x4 mine. 2020 Buick Encore Hers, Retired Air Force, now Retired.
Parcany is offline   Reply With Quote