Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-19-2015, 11:36 PM   #1

Smile it's finally here!!

I ordered an Octane T31B toyhauler back in October and have been eagerly awaiting its arrival ever since.... WELL ITS FINALLY HERE!! My first camper! It came in this week. I went and looked at it for the first time in person yesterday. I am so anxious to spend my first night in it that it will likely just be with it parked at the house the day I bring it home, which should be this weekend hopefully. (If the weather cooperates)

A quick question for the group though. The finance company is offering an extended warranty which they call Jay Plus/XtraRide. They claim its identical to the Jayco warranty in every way and extends the factory 2 yr warranty another 5 years for a total of 7 years. This included a tire and wheel coverage for the TT and the TV. They also offer the tire/wheel package separate if wanted. Is anyone familiar with this specific warranty? I have had more bad outcomes than good from extended warranties on other types of vehicles so I am looking for some positive feedback before adding this in. If anyone has another ext warranty that you prefer or just think they aren't worth it at all please let me know that as well.

Thanks in advance

-3B
tripleB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2015, 11:44 PM   #2

tripleB, I just joined this forum and tomorrow, I'm picking up my brand new 2015 Jayco Precept 29UM! I also bought the extended warranty to 7 years. I usually never buy these types of warranties, but this time, considering the complexity of RVs and motorhomes in general, I figured the $5,300 would cost me far less than potential repairs, especially since I'm convinced I will keep my coach a long time. And I trust my Jayco dealership, which I have already developed a solid relationship with (and they are only 1.5 miles from my home!) A warranty is only as good as the company and the dealer that backs it up, and I have confidence they will uphold their promises. So for me, the money was well spent. It is insurance after all. The higher the risk, the better sense insurance makes.
Cycledoc675 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2015, 11:49 PM   #3

I just noticed the time of your post....like you, I'm having trouble sleeping due to the excitement! I'm sure your toyhauler will be awesome. I have a fancy Wells Cargo trailer that my Jayco Precept will be towing full of toys, too.
Cycledoc675 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2015, 06:32 AM   #4

A little off topic but I'm wondering why it took 4 months for your trailer. Also congrats and happy camping. Also curious how much the warranties would cost???
mhuntington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2015, 07:06 AM   #5

We didn't get the extended warranty. They try to sell you on it because it is a no brainer for some to buy insurance for everything which is what this is. In all of the campers and rvs I have owned I have never had it and actually never needed it. The main things appliance wise that will go wrong would do so in the first 2 years and for what it costs it is not worth it. There was another thread talking about this in the forum but I would not spend the money at all. my two cents
Old 02-20-2015, 07:19 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cycledoc675 View Post
tripleB, I just joined this forum and tomorrow, I'm picking up my brand new 2015 Jayco Precept 29UM! I also bought the extended warranty to 7 years. I usually never buy these types of warranties, but this time, considering the complexity of RVs and motorhomes in general, I figured the $5,300 would cost me far less than potential repairs, especially since I'm convinced I will keep my coach a long time. And I trust my Jayco dealership, which I have already developed a solid relationship with (and they are only 1.5 miles from my home!) A warranty is only as good as the company and the dealer that backs it up, and I have confidence they will uphold their promises. So for me, the money was well spent. It is insurance after all. The higher the risk, the better sense insurance makes.
Congratulations...be sure to join the Precept Owners Group so we can all figure out what works, what doesn't and how to fix it together...
http://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/group.php?groupid=45

JoeMazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2015, 07:51 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cycledoc675 View Post
tripleB, I just joined this forum ...snip...
Welcome and congratulations on the new trailer.
Full timing: Some will think you're crazy, some will be envious, just enjoy the freedom!
oldmanAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2015, 01:07 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhuntington View Post
A little off topic but I'm wondering why it took 4 months for your trailer. Also congrats and happy camping. Also curious how much the warranties would cost???
This is the way it was explained to me, the factory does runs of different types/levels of RV's and near the end of October they weren't running the Octane line. Then they were closed for like 6 weeks I believe it was from Thanksgiving to New Years. The first run of the Octane Toyhauler line from the time I placed the order began in February and mine was one of the first on the lineup so here it is.

-3B
tripleB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2015, 05:19 PM   #9

Welcome to the forum tripleB! Congrats on the new RV too. On the extended warranty, I say no, save the money. Just my .02 cents.
2015 Jayco Jay Flight 23MB Elite
Previous RV's, 1988 33-foot Barth Class A and 1994 Flagstaff Pop-Up
Desert RVers is offline   Reply With Quote