Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-25-2016, 07:34 PM   #1

Looking at Hummingbird's

Hi Group. My wife and I currently have a T@b trailer and have outgrown it. I have to say we have really enjoyed it, but we are pretty cramped with our 90lb Golden Retriever. We do a lot of dry camping and like the light weight of the T@b for towing and moving around. We are ready to go bigger though. We are looking at the R-Pods and Hummingbirds and would like any feedback from Hummingbird owners. The R-Pod owner feedback is pretty consistent concerning poor fit and finish and other structural issues.
Thanks in advance for any feedback!
SteveF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2016, 07:37 PM   #2

Hummingbirds are the only birds that can fly backwards.

Sorry, I'm sure someone with valuable information will be along soon.
abarkl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2016, 07:42 PM   #3

I just ordered mine a few weeks ago. It will be me my wife and in February a baby. We ordered the 17rb with the rear bath. I have looked at several on lots and I have looked at the Winnie drop also and the HB has more options and best price. But make sure you look around. My local jayco dealers wanted $27,000 before tt&L for the ones on their lot. I custom ordered min full price out the door with tt&L for $19,100 2 hours away

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Chickeneye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2016, 05:05 AM   #4

We purchased the 17RK model about a month ago and have made two trips. We really like the trailer, very well engineered. My wife and I travel with two dogs and it accommodates everyone.

paulandkaci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2016, 03:06 PM   #5

Send a message via MSN to Vicrus
We have had a Hummingbird 17FD since the middle of Aug. Have gone out three times. No problems except the USB input pulled out. We'll get it fixed next time we bring it in for something else. We really love it.
Vicrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2016, 06:21 AM   #6

We have the 17RK haven't had it out but seems to be ok just being in it with my wife and I and our 160 LB Mastiff. There is no room left over but it will keep us warm dry and cool!!
rkboyer911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2016, 07:59 AM   #7
Site Team

WELCOME TO JOF!!!

The members here are GREAT!!! There is a lot of GREAT information to be found here. I am sure that you will have information and pictures to share with us... so please do!!

Don
Mustang65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2016, 08:29 AM   #8

For those that have a Hummingbird I'm trying to order my hitch. What size ball do they require? Are they all 2" or 2 5/16?

Old 11-06-2016, 09:11 AM   #9

Also what size are the frame rails? I'm fixing to order a Andersen WDH

Old 11-07-2016, 05:55 PM   #10

2 inch ball

paulandkaci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 06:56 PM   #11

New to the forum and TT ownership. Picking up a 17FD on Saturday.
What is the required drawbar height for a Hummingbird?
John M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 08:24 AM   #12

What's up everyone? I've absorbed so much information from this site. This past weekend I ended up going to a local Camping World to check out the Hummingbird.
The sale's person basically said that I couldn't travel with the Hummingbird loaded with water. Unless I left everything else I needed at home. This will be my fist travel trailer. It's my wife and I with an 1 year old. We would like to travel with our son with the trailer to different destinations across the country that would involve some dry camping. Has anyone traveled with the Hummingbird loaded with water? Should I be looking at something else? Any advice would be great. Also has anyone ever rented an RV from RVShare? I saw someone renting out their Hummingbird. I figured what better way to test it out without dropping the bank.
My T/V is a Ram 1500 Bighorn
Thanks
VinnyMozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 01:03 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by VinnyMozz View Post
What's up everyone? I've absorbed so much information from this site. This past weekend I ended up going to a local Camping World to check out the Hummingbird.
The sale's person basically said that I couldn't travel with the Hummingbird loaded with water. Unless I left everything else I needed at home. This will be my fist travel trailer. It's my wife and I with an 1 year old. We would like to travel with our son with the trailer to different destinations across the country that would involve some dry camping. Has anyone traveled with the Hummingbird loaded with water? Should I be looking at something else? Any advice would be great. Also has anyone ever rented an RV from RVShare? I saw someone renting out their Hummingbird. I figured what better way to test it out without dropping the bank.
My T/V is a Ram 1500 Bighorn
Thanks
I can't imagine why you would not be able to take water. Your ram would be a great match for the hummingbird.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Old 06-20-2017, 03:05 PM   #14

I have always filled my fresh water full in my 17RK as that's all I do is dry camp.