Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-07-2013, 07:14 PM   #61

Send a message via Yahoo to Metalbox
New 2013 Jayco White Hawk 30DSRE Owners

Sweet!
Metalbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 05:36 PM   #62

Thanks for the link to the brake video. I missed it the first time. Sounds like it is pretty simple. I had my first TT for 6 years and never touched the brakes. Never had a problem and the brakes worked fine. Was just surprised that the dealer told me about the frequency of brake adjustments. Guess I'll put this on my list before we head out this Fall.
Bassdogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 09:20 AM   #63

Anybody else had a problem with the swivel chairs? I've had springs in the seats pop out on both of them. Jayco is sending me a replacement for the first one, but in the meantime I had the same problem with the other one. I can put them back in the end bracket, but it pops out again if you sit to hard or twist to one side while sitting. Looks like the that end of the spring is cut shorter and doesn't have the same extension beyond the bracket as the other end. I think I fixed it [so far it hasn't popped out again] by rigging the spring end [always seems to be the end facing toward the back of the chair] with paracord and using the cord to tie all three springs together to keep them from sliding out of the bracket when the spring is flexed.

Would be interested to hear if you have experienced this problem and if you've come up with a way to fix it.
Old 08-30-2013, 05:13 PM   #64

Dag-nabbit. Here is the holday weekend and my new trailer isnt here yet. My old one sold in under 24 hours so I'm feeling a bit down not being able to run with the big dogs for a few more weeks. Everybody have a safe holiday weekend.
Z71 Extended Cab w/Longbed, 5.3 ltr

Coleman Tent, Flagstaff Pop-Up, Jayco Eagle, Flagstaff Pop-Up, RPM Toy Hauler, Jayco White Hawk - Our camping evolution
stjohneyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 08:07 AM   #65

Quote:
Originally Posted by stjohneyre View Post
Dag-nabbit. Here is the holday weekend and my new trailer isnt here yet. My old one sold in under 24 hours so I'm feeling a bit down not being able to run with the big dogs for a few more weeks. Everybody have a safe holiday weekend.
Ah!! But in a few weeks you will be back in the game and will only own 1 RV. I went thru the same thing back in the Spring. Listed my old TT about 5 weeks before delivery of my new White Hawk. Got a call the first evening and a check in the bank the following morning. Kind of sad seeing that empty spot in the back, but with money in the bank and the WH brochure taped on the back door, I was a happy camper. Be glad the old one is off to its next adventure with a new family. We see our old one a couple times a week since the new owners are only about 5 miles from our home. Have seen them out a couple of times and that gives us a good feeling too. BUT the new WH took its first trial run a couple weeks ago and it has become our new TT home. Even the dogs have picked their favorite spots. The new layout gives them plenty of room without getting in the way.

The beauty of a long weekend holiday is when 99% of the folks head home and we get our pick of the sites and the roads. Retirement is wonderful!!
Old 09-04-2013, 08:12 AM   #66

I like the raised ceiling in the 2014 model update. I'm not too fond of what they did to the pantry / closet area though. My 2013 has double doors and three usable shelves. The 2014 seems to have gone to a smaller single door and maybe only two shelves from the looks of it. I like the bigger space. My upholstery seems to look a bit more durable too. The new ones I've seen online the upholstery looks softer but more easily damaged / worn. Hard to tell not having seen the new one in person yet. Still looks to be a really nice unit though. Had mine for about 8 months now and still very happy with it.
newbold1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 09:53 PM   #67

Thanks for talking me down off the ledge Bassdogs I'm better now. I'm in therapy to help with my TT withdrawal (reading copies of Trailer Life magazines ) No word on when mine will be in.

Coleman Tent, Flagstaff Pop-Up, Jayco Eagle, Flagstaff Pop-Up, RPM Toy Hauler, Jayco White Hawk - Our camping evolution
Old 09-05-2013, 10:01 PM   #68

I agree that some of the interior changes are steps in the wrong direction. We are hoping our new trailer being built does not have the white kitchen counters. The brick interior has really changed but all windo treatments now come with hard sided valances in place of decorative curtains. The pantry does seem to be smaller and the interior shelves are super thin and will need to be reinforced. They couldn't support more than 10 lbs before they would start to sag. One thing we are super excited about is the outside patio light is gone. They now put an LED strip in its place that runs the enire length of the awning.

Old 09-06-2013, 06:01 PM   #69

Just heard our new trailer is rolling down assembly line on Monday....woot woot.
ray:ray:ray:ray:ray:ray:

Old 09-06-2013, 08:25 PM   #70

Cool the led strip would be nice. I agree about the white counters. I don't like them either. Cheapens the look in my opinion. But I see that the 2014s also have the faux granite look still too which is like mine and I think those look decent. While my storage closet is big the top two shelves are thin. I have been thinking about reinforcing them. They haven't been a problem so far bit I have been careful to put the heavier items on the bottom just to be safe.

I am very happy overall with the 30DSRE. I'll probably keep it a long time and next go around will likely be a fifth wheel.

Hope you have as much good luck with yours as I have had with mine so far.
newbold1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 10:53 PM   #71

Update...got call from dealership our trailer is being built tomorrow (Wednesday). I again had to beg my sales rep to make sure the counters in ours should not be white. He seems to be indifferent to my request. Think I'll give the dealership GM a call in the morning.

Old 09-18-2013, 12:50 PM   #72

Update 2.0 - Our new TT is arriving at dealership on Saturday or Monday morning. We will be picking up on Monday afternoon.

Here are some things I plan to take with me to use during the walk through:

DVD
CD
WDH assembly
Video camera
Lego blocks
tow mirror extensions
Lighter stick
tire jack & lug wrench
purchase order
one excited wife (ok....me too)

While at the dealership I plan to have them install a power surge protector
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/...L._SL1000_.jpg
Click image for larger version

Name:	surge projector.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	38.3 KB
ID:	9966
and 2 friction sway control balls to the frame.

Old 08-03-2015, 05:16 PM   #73

I had the same issue this weekend, spring kept popping out. I reinstalled spring and next thing you know, it pops out again. Did it 3 times, in 2 days. I'll be calling the dealer.
lexylou is offline   Reply With Quote