Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-30-2017, 11:35 AM   #1

New 2016 Alante 26AY Owners

We started off buying a 2007 Coachman Freelander in 2014 (with 7800 miles on it) to see if a motorhome would work for my wife's business. After a couple years on the road you get tired of hotels and AirBnB. Having "your own place" sounds better and better. It worked great for what she does and I feel it made us money. After the first year we were in it 180+ nights and the average cost came out to be around $13 a night.

So the second year we started looking for something a little bigger - like a small Class A. We wanted to be under 30', have a good bit of outside storage for the things she needs for her shows, and tanks as large as possible since we don't often have hookups at the shows.

We liked the older Tiffin Breeze 28BR but that International diesel concerned me. We looked at everything we could find under 30', but nothing seemed to fit our needs. I came across the Alante 26AY online but couldn't find one to look at - even in Florida when we were there for a three month tour. I seen a leftover 2016 about 300 miles from where we live and decided to go look at it. It had everything we need and it was in our price range, and there were not too many other ones to be seen. So here we are in an Alante!

Picked it up, had a part of a week to get it loaded and headed out for a weekend show. Then it was home for a week - I added solar and then headed to the Adirondacks for a three week run, then we head to Vermont for another show before we go home again. Luckily we will be home for two weeks before we head to Nashville (and the eclipse!), after that her schedule gets busy

So far no big issues, just little things to fix, alter, and add. I just retired so we're planing to run the wheels off this thing in the next couple of years.
klspahr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2017, 02:33 PM   #2

Congrats on the new New 2016 Alante 26AY and welcome to the JOF. You will find a lot of good information here. The members are great at helping one another.
jkaras7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2017, 08:43 PM   #3

Congrats on the Alante!
Old 07-31-2017, 07:48 PM   #4

Congratulations on your new coach. We found our 26AY gently used in Florida. We put a Safe-T-Steer on it on the way home. It took out a lot of fighting the wheel when you are passed by a semi. Its not been without problems, the leds on the front aren't working, the backup camera quit working and I knocked the TV antenna off when I pulled out of the yard without lowering it. It was replaced with a King Jack antenna which so far has worked out pretty well. I still need to do the cheap handling fix and get a front end alignment. There's a lot of information on here, if you don't see something, ask, there are people here that have a lot of experience.
Mitch S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2017, 09:06 AM   #5
Site Team

CONGRATULATIONS on the JAYCO!!!

...and WELCOME TO JOF!!! The members here are GREAT!!! There is a lot of GREAT information to be found here. I am sure that you will have information and pictures to share with us... so please do!!

Don

My Registry

RVing with SOLAR
Mustang65 is offline   Reply With Quote