Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-19-2016, 01:44 PM   #1

New 26BH

Well, we finally pulled the trigger and purchased a new 26BH. We've been looking for right about a year and trying to determine what should be our first camper (or stick with the tent). We feel this floor plan should work pretty well well for our toddler and future one(s).

More pictures posted up on my box account in you're interested: https://app.box.com/s/lid3ufllxddsspcyeh6dnqq2yyes696n

gocarp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2016, 01:53 PM   #2

Congrats!!!

Just a heads up, you may need to readjust the wdh once you load the trailer up for a trip. Follow my signature links if needed for the how to.

Have fun!!!

'16 Jay Flight 32 BHDS ELITE 32 BHDS MODS Reese DC HP

WDH SET UP. HOW A WDH WORKS. CAT SCALE HOW TO.
need-a-vacation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2016, 06:19 PM   #3

Congrats on the new camper.
SouthCo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2016, 06:34 PM   #4

Congrats.
I just bought the same trailer about a month ago. Cant wait to break it in on our first trip. Just a few driveway trips with the kids so far lol. All the same to them though. Weather is changing now and camp grounds are starting to open up. Soon but not soon enough.
Enjoy.
warner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2016, 07:46 PM   #5

Congrats on the new TT! I bought a new 26BH back in November and a guy I work with just bought the same model a couple weeks ago too. From the pictures it looks like you bought from the same place as we did.

Enjoy and happy camping!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2015 RAM 3500HD Cummins Turbo Diesel, Tradesman Crew Cab 4WD
Duke_26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2016, 08:05 PM   #6

We picked ours up on Sep 8th 2015 and have spent 58 nights in it...sometimes we wish we had that extra couple of feet that the slide would provide, but then I remember the difference in the price and no worries about the slide leaking or getting stuck.
Previous - 2011 Jay Series 1007 (traded); 2016 Jay Flight 26BH (traded)
TommyAjax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2016, 04:05 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyAjax View Post
sometimes we wish we had that extra couple of feet that the slide would provide, but then I remember the difference in the price and no worries about the slide leaking or getting stuck.

^x2!, and less weight.
Old 04-20-2016, 04:48 AM   #8

gocarp, thank you for sharing all of the pictures of your new 26BH!

I was looking through them and one of them caught my eye, it is the one of the space above the radio. The order in which the covers are in are different than in mine. Although this is very trivial and I'm sure it makes absolutely no difference, it just made me wonder why they are not the same.

Yours:

Mine:

Cheers and Happy RVing!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-20-2016, 06:24 AM   #9

Thanks all!

Thanks all! We have a couple trips already booked that we are pretty excited about.

This is out first camper and looked long and hard before we purchased. I drove about 650 miles one way to pick it up and I would thoroughly impressed with my "little F-150 V8 and how it pulled. No issues at all running through the Appalachian mountains.

We too looked at models that included slides, and while we liked the extra room, we thought the extra weight, slide maintenance, and money was something we just couldn't justify yet. Most say to buy your second trailer first, but I'd say we really bought our third. We were hard set on a popup and took a buddy's out for a test drive. Certainly cozy, but we really wanted to have a bathroom and those models are limited. We then looked to step up to a hybrid, but those got expensive pretty quick too and I still didn't want to deal with canvas. We were originally set to purchase a 264bhw, but the dealership that I was working with did something I didn't appreciate, so I walked. When I found a 26BH in the price range, but a little further away, I decided to make it a "fun" weekend to go and pick it up.

Thanks again all and I'm really looking forward to continue participating on this forum. I have learned a great deal and excited to learn much more.
Old 04-20-2016, 06:26 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke_26 View Post
gocarp, thank you for sharing all of the pictures of your new 26BH!

I was looking through them and one of them caught my eye, it is the one of the space above the radio. The order in which the covers are in are different than in mine. Although this is very trivial and I'm sure it makes absolutely no difference, it just made me wonder why they are not the same.
Huh, interesting. Personal creativity in the workshop I guess. haha.
Old 04-20-2016, 06:33 AM   #11

Quote:
We picked ours up on Sep 8th 2015 and have spent 58 nights in it...
That's some serious camping already. Very nice!! Between now and the end of June, we have 20 nights already booked at various campgrounds. Many local campgrounds book up fast, so we started making reservations before we even had a camper. This also includes a 10 day stint at the Outer Banks. My wife and I usually use a tent for this (almost) annual trip, but with our little one now, we thought we might give her a few more amenities.
Old 04-20-2016, 07:44 AM   #12

Quote:
We picked ours up on Sep 8th 2015 and have spent 58 nights in it...sometimes we wish we had that extra couple of feet that the slide would provide, but then I remember the difference in the price and no worries about the slide leaking or getting stuck.
I also wish (sometimes) that my 26BH had a slide for some extra width, but it works well without one, and not having to be concerned with slide problems is a plus. And I believe that a single box on wheels is sturdier than one with a big, floating slide going through a big hole in the side of the structure.

As for storing things, I use my bunk area exclusively for storage. I've thought about completely removing my microwave, since I rarely use it, and putting in a couple of shelves, and a door in front. That would be a huge addition to cabinet space. And there's also the narrow, unused space next to the radio. If it were opened up it would make a nice little cubbyhole for odds and ends.
SmokerBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2016, 04:52 PM   #13

Congrats! We have had our 26BH for a season and a half now, and we love it! We didn't get the slide for the same reasons others have mentioned - we don't regret our decision a bit. Ready to get our out and get going!

2019 Open Range 374BHS
2107 Chevrolet 3500HD dually
Gone campin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2016, 07:09 PM   #14

Well, we just broke it out this weekend for our first trip. We stayed at a small CG less than 30 minutes in case we forgot anything. Everything went quite well and the family loved it.
Old 04-24-2016, 08:46 PM   #15
BCK

Congratulations! That is a nice unit. That unit us how we got introduced to Jayco. A family we camped with bought one for the bunks with their 4 kids. We bought the same one but with the slide and love it.

From a tent to glamping. You will be glad you have the bathroom and tub shower with the little one. They fit the tub perfectly and nothing beats a warm bath and cleanup after a day playing in the dirt.
BCK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2016, 09:44 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCK View Post
You will be glad you have the bathroom and tub shower with the little one. They fit the tub perfectly and nothing beats a warm bath and cleanup after a day playing in the dirt.

That's exactly what we did. Worked out perfectly!!
Old 04-25-2016, 02:23 AM   #17

Congrats! I'm hoping one day soon to get us something, thinking about the 5'er.
Big1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2016, 12:44 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by gocarp View Post
...We were originally set to purchase a 264bhw, but the dealership that I was working with did something I didn't appreciate, so I walked. When I found a 26BH in the price range, but a little further away, I decided to make it a "fun" weekend to go and pick it up.
This is exactly what happened to us. Was all set to buy the 264BHW locally until they p!$$ed me off so we drove over 500 km to buy the 26BH instead this passed weekend.
Guntr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2016, 01:06 PM   #19

What are you going to be pulling it with?
Previous - 2011 Jay Series 1007 (traded); 2016 Jay Flight 26BH (traded)
TommyAjax is offline   Reply With Quote