Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-01-2016, 06:28 PM   #21

New from Buffalo, NY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffalonian View Post
Thanks for the info. I'm wondering if RV One prices are highly dependent on the model you're looking for... they did have a really great price on the Jay Flight 26BH, but wouldn't move much on the Jay Feather 25BH (neither their online quote or their local dealership). They did say they sold a lot of the Jay Flight 26BH and that's why they were able to get such a great price on it.

I'm not sure. I think price is dependent on dealer overhead, an eager salesperson as well as other factors. Also, right now, if they have a lot of 2016's of a certain model on the lot they may be looking to unload as everything built around early April or later will be a 2017. Did you get prices on units on their lot or were you getting a price on a unit you built online and that would be built with your options?

My custom ordered 2017 28BHBE with every option available except sway control, tv ($750 is crazy for a 39") and bumper grill was 24,486 out the door and on the road (taxes and all).

So:
Customer value package
15k btu ac
elite package (now standard but I was ordering based on 2016 specs)
Fiberglass sidewalls
2nd ac bedroom
50 amp service
Thermal package
Hide a bed
Electric stabilizers
Cargo accessory receiver
Aluminum rims
Roof ladder

Dealer and same salesperson I bought the first camper from in pa said they couldn't even get in the same ballpark as far as price and offered me a Salem trailer (not even sure if that was the brand or model). They are good people and nice but they were about $4k more... And again RV connection in Indiana was only $500 more but said the couldn't delete two standard items I didn't want (and RV one said no problem).
SouthCo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2016, 07:12 PM   #22

Not sure if it would change much but I could give you my sales lady email address. She has been great at responding to my requests. I tried to negotiate the price even lower but she said that was the best she could do. From my own checking it was still the best deal but I figured I'd try...
Old 05-02-2016, 07:49 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthCo View Post
I'm not sure. I think price is dependent on dealer overhead, an eager salesperson as well as other factors. Also, right now, if they have a lot of 2016's of a certain model on the lot they may be looking to unload as everything built around early April or later will be a 2017. Did you get prices on units on their lot or were you getting a price on a unit you built online and that would be built with your options?

My custom ordered 2017 28BHBE with every option available except sway control, tv ($750 is crazy for a 39") and bumper grill was 24,486 out the door and on the road (taxes and all).

So:
Customer value package
15k btu ac
elite package (now standard but I was ordering based on 2016 specs)
Fiberglass sidewalls
2nd ac bedroom
50 amp service
Thermal package
Hide a bed
Electric stabilizers
Cargo accessory receiver
Aluminum rims
Roof ladder

Dealer and same salesperson I bought the first camper from in pa said they couldn't even get in the same ballpark as far as price and offered me a Salem trailer (not even sure if that was the brand or model). They are good people and nice but they were about $4k more... And again RV connection in Indiana was only $500 more but said the couldn't delete two standard items I didn't want (and RV one said no problem).
That is definitely a great price (I looked at the MSRP and all the options you added). I might try them again, but I think I found the place I'm going to buy from (more on that later, once I close the deal).

The price they gave me was for a 2016 model that was on the lot. From the looks of it (starting to rust on the bottom) it had been there a while. When I asked about pricing for a new one off the line, there was not much difference in price. The sales person said the prices won't go down on the 2016 model they had in stock until December (2016) which I find very hard (i.e. impossible) to believe.
Buffalonian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2016, 08:00 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by klassic View Post
I got my NorthPoint from Sicards as they are 2 minutes away from me.
If it wasn't for the trees I could see them from my window.

I just layed my price down (after US online dealer shopping, and ready to buy in Ohio) and told them I wanted to stay local, but it was all about $$. My kids have to go to university.
I felt I got a good deal, and since they agreed within minutes they probably would have gone lower.
I had a trade in, so that helped.

They have gone above and beyond on warranty repairs and are easy to deal with.
But the service department is always backed up and sometimes they can take some time to get things done. They do try to do their best. They are going 7 days a week.
Parts department is notoriously over priced though.
Thanks for the info :-)

The sales person I spoke to over the phone (can't remember his name, it was a while ago) was easy to talk to.

-Len
Old 05-02-2016, 08:22 AM   #25

Congrats on finding one. Good luck and hope it works out.
Old 05-02-2016, 09:21 AM   #26

More New Yorkers here...

Two years ago we were in the market. Started out looking at web sites and stopped at 2 local dealers. Didn't like anything they had. Then, the next week we were on vacation and happened to drive by a Jayco dealer in the 1000 Islands. We saw the model that fit our needs to a "T", so when we got home I looked for a local dealer. Turned out to be the one previously mentioned on Southwestern, and he had 1 in stock.

I had a lot of requirements - wanted local financing, a whole list of dealer installed options, wanted to trade in a well used 50 year old RV, wanted the new one delivered and set up, and the old one moved and removed. I had an idea what I was going to pay, based on the dealer we saw on vacation, and knew how far I was willing to haggle. I also wanted to buy a Yami generator and have it set up by them as well.

Made everything known to the SalesLady. She said Ok and went to talk to the manager.

When she came back she flored me. The gave me $100 trade in, they waived the delivery, dealer prep and set up, they included all the options at no charge, priced the trailer $2000 below what I was willing to spend for the trailer alone, and priced the generator at wholesale.

Ruined my day. I couldn't haggle, just took the deal!

In the end they did everything they said they would and we couldn't be more pleased.
gypsmjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2016, 10:57 AM   #27

The biggest advice in the WNY area is avoid Buffalo RV, and Colton RV. Other than that welcome and nice to see others from my neck of the woods! If you want a weekend trip that great for kids any age and adults I have to say check out the KOA in Medina. They are the reason I bought ours and am going seasonal this year.
chuckerg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2016, 07:50 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckerg View Post
The biggest advice in the WNY area is avoid Buffalo RV, and Colton RV. Other than that welcome and nice to see others from my neck of the woods! If you want a weekend trip that great for kids any age and adults I have to say check out the KOA in Medina. They are the reason I bought ours and am going seasonal this year.
Thanks for the info on KOA in Medina, looks like a nice place. Yes, I purchased my last trailer (used Jayco popup) from Colten RV... don't get me started on how that went!
Old 05-03-2016, 10:10 AM   #29

Thank You

Thank you to EVERYONE who gave me a lead or just words of encouragement!

My search is over!

I put a down payment on a Jay Feather 25BH with JTS (Jim's Trailer Sales) in Grafton, OH. I spoke to Jimmy (the owner) on the phone last Saturday, he seemed very down to earth and easy to talk to. I told him where I was from and what model I was interested in. The ones he had coming in didn't have exactly what I wanted so he put me on hold for a couple minutes to work up a quote for a new one off the line. I was very happy with the price he gave me and told him I'd call back Monday or Tuesday after I called our DMV to find out if I'd have to pay tax both in Ohio and New York (I don't).

I called him back Monday and asked for a few more options (outside kitchen, roof ladder, etc). He gave me a new price based on the additional options and I put down the deposit. BTW, he asked a little more than you might expect for a down payment because he never met me in person, which I think is completely understandable. I got the sense that he would have taken less for the deposit if I put up a fuss, but I didn't have a problem with it so I was happy to put down what he asked. I only mention this in case anyone else in my situation is interested in buying from them. Again, I think it was a very reasonable request, I just don't want anyone to be surprised.

Between Saturday and Monday, I think I spent a total of 15 minutes on the phone with him (OK 20 minutes, but the last 5 was giving him my credit card info and discussing the different options for the interior fabric). It was less painful than any other RV or automobile purchase I've ever made and I came away very excited about the purchase and not exhausted like I spent a week in the trenches.

I'll update everyone once my trailer comes in, but I'm expecting everything to go well :-)

Thanks to all,
Len
Old 05-03-2016, 11:29 AM   #30

Congrats Len. Did he mention what/if any options will be different on the 2017 Jay Feather lineup? It feels good when the buying process is quick and pretty painless doesn't it? Happy for you...
Old 05-03-2016, 12:40 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthCo View Post
Congrats Len. Did he mention what/if any options will be different on the 2017 Jay Feather lineup? It feels good when the buying process is quick and pretty painless doesn't it? Happy for you...
Yes, it sure does feel good when you don't have to spend two weeks haggling over price! When I started looking I got an uneasy feeling just stepping onto the lot because I was not looking forward to dealing with the sales person (and the experience at my local place was the stereotypical experience). On the other hand, it was very refreshing dealing with JTS and I came away happy and excited, looking forward to my new TT.

We didn't talk about the changes, other than them dropping the "brick" interior and adding "copper", but I already had a good idea of the changes by looking at a different thread where someone posted info they got from the dealer. Check out: http://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f7...tml#post400093
Old 07-05-2016, 07:59 AM   #32

Hey everyone, just wanted to update you on our 25BH (Jay Feather).

Well, again I have HIGH PRAISE for Jim's Trailer Sales (JTS) in Ohio. My earlier post mentioned how easy it was dealing with the owner (Jimmy) on the phone. I initially ordered the wrong fabric (my fault) because I was afraid the Mineral "leatherette" had a traditional leather look/feel, but when I found out it was a soft suede-like finish I called Jimmy back and he changed my order.

Anyway, I picked up my new TT Friday (about 3.5 hours from my house). Everything went SMOOTH and he was very easy to talk to in person (not surprising because he was easy to talk to over the phone and via email). No hard sell to try to get me to buy an extended warranty or anything, although he did explain the roadside service I could get after my one year basic service expired. After explaining it, he handed me the brochure and moved on to other items... didn't try to get me to upgrade my basic service or anything, it was just an informative "here's what you get and here's the additional service you can buy if you want to".

Jim (not Jimmy) did a good job going over the trailer with me (before I actually completed the sale with Jimmy) and they were kind enough to hook up the WD/sway bars for me. I bought the WD/sway bars from them. I didn't bother to compare their price to the internet... I was so happy with the price they gave me on the TT and with the fact that they would hook it up for me that I just wanted to buy it from them. When I talked to Jimmy over the phone he explained the three WDs he had to offer (didn't just try to sell me the most expensive one). I ended up going with the most expensive one anyway, LOL, because I had looked into WDs before talking to him and I wanted to spend the extra money for the features it had. But it was nice that he gave me options and explained the pros/cons of each.

Spent the first night in Findley State Park and everything went smooth. Backed in my spot on the first try. FYI, I've bought a backup camera system along with side cameras so after I get those hooked up it should be even easier.

I'm probably going to put "Buffalonian" on the TT, so if you see me somewhere, stop by and say 'hi' :-)

BTW, we really love our 25BH! Last night my son and I got up on the roof to watch fireworks :-)

-Len
Old 07-05-2016, 08:38 AM   #33
Site Team

CONGRATULATIONS on the JAYCO!!!

Don
Mustang65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2016, 10:43 AM   #34

Welcome aboard and good luck shopping....
fielro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2018, 10:57 AM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffalonian View Post
Thanks for the info on KOA in Medina, looks like a nice place. Yes, I purchased my last trailer (used Jayco popup) from Colten RV... don't get me started on how that went!
I found a Jayco camper that I'm interested in at Colton RV and am interested to hear what went wrong. This thread is a few years old so maybe things have changed. The guy I've been dealing with (only email/phone) so far seems reasonable but that can obviously change in a blink.

Thanks for any info you can provide.
elihusmails is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2018, 05:11 PM   #36

Congratulations on your new TT. Safe Travels and Happy Trails!

2019 Whitehawk 28RL
2018 Ford F150 3.5 Ecoboost w/3.55

Dennis, Cindy, Philip, and Sarah
Ohiofinlander is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
25bh