Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Go Back   Jayco RV Owners Forum > Welcome To Jayco Owners Forums > Welcome Mat
Click Here to Login

Old 05-09-2013, 08:35 PM   #1

New Guy looking at 1st TT being a Eagle 324 BHTS any thoughts

I just want to start of by saying Thanks to ALL who have served and are serving our Great Country, God Bless You ALL!!!

Now, My name is Brad and the DW is April we have 6 kids and are into all things outdoors, other hobbies include VW's 64 and earlier only, sport shooting, reloading, and spending time on our lake with family,friends.
We have always been into tent camping but the DW said she was done with tents, so we are looking at the Jayco 324BHTS to be our first TT
I welcome any advice on all things TT/camping related. I have been on RV.net for almost a year now and have learned alot but nothing specific about the Jayco line and I just found out about this site.
So I hope to learn alot more about Jayco now that I am on this site.

Thanks for your time
Brad
olde volks place is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 04:55 PM   #2

Welcome Brad and April! Our first TT was a Jayco 32bhds. We're relatively new owners with 14 trips and 51 nights in 1-1/2 yr of ownership. We looked and compared other makes & models and just found that Jayco had a quality to it. I hope I am not jinxing myself, but we have been trouble free during our ownership. I don't think you will regret switching from a tent to TT. I did not have any buyers remorse and believe me, I usually do with most anything I buy. I've been known to research dishwashing detergent!!!
Old 05-13-2013, 07:19 PM   #3

Thanks, I have been looking at all the other makes out there and I kept finding they all had the same basic floor plan with subtle differences, BUT I kept coming back to Jayco because of ALL the little things they put in their TT NO OTHER mfg puts in their's.
The only thing I wish is that they would do the aluminum truss sys and I think they would be perfect, or as perfect as they could be.
I love the extended dinette and with 6 kids that is important to us, problem is the I can't find a 324 the way we want it in Ga. So I guess ordering is the way to go.

What type xtra's/upgrades did you go with? outside kitchen, 30a vs 50a svc, windows,counter tops,ladder etc ? this is the little things the DW and I have to decide on.

We are excited about this "upgrade" when it comes to camping and leaving the tent camping to the younger folks.
What do you tow with ? we have a standard 3500 15psg Express gas and we are looking at a 4X4 3500 15psg Express Diesel

Again thanks for any info
olde volks place is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 01:53 PM   #4
Site Team

Welcome to the user friendly Jayco Owners forum! Our members just love to answer questions or help out other members when possible and have fun sharing their experiences . They also love pictures of your RV, tow vehicles, and campsites!! So do not hesitate to post pics of your Jayco in the "Pics of your Jayco forum" and pics of your tow vehicle in the "Tow Vehicle forum".

Feel free to participate in our many fun polls (first thread in New Members forum has them all listed, second thread has more new member welcoming info). Post often, have fun with the forum, and enjoy your Jayco!
Crabman is offline   Reply With Quote

« New Owner | new b »