Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-07-2013, 08:17 AM   #1

New guy looking at a 32bhds, suggestions needed.

Completly new to the travel trailers. We have leased lot at a local campground at a near by lake so we
will not be pulling the camper. Looking for suggestions as to what trailer to purchase. We will spending a couple of weekends a month camping.
Our children are grown but grandkids are comming. We have searched around our area for travel trailers,
The Jayco 32bhds is our favorite. Just looking for reccomdations from folks with experence.
Tile Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 08:26 AM   #2

While that's a nice camper, it really depends on what your needs are. My brother has 2 boys ages 5 and 3 so he bought a 28DSBH. It has the queen bed up front and a bunk bed in the back. It's perfect for him.

My parents go out mainly by themselves but sometimes might have my sisters kids stay a night or two. They opted for the queen bed up front with the living room and huge rear window in the back of the camper. The majority of their camping is at the beach so they can back their camper up to the ocean and have a waterview while inside the camper. The couch and table will fold out into a bed when needed, but the majority of the time it will just be them so they opted to have a larger living room area instead of having dedicated beds.

2012 Jayco X17Z SOLD!:Beerchug:
LongIslandCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 08:34 AM   #3

32BHDS is a nice TT. Good size and plenty of space.
2012 Jay Flight 26BH (Sold)
clubhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 10:00 AM   #4

We have a 2012 32bhds and LOVE it!! It is our first TT and plan to keep for awhile even though we have an almost 17 and 15 yo boys, who have balked about going on some of our camping excursions. Their social lives are just too busy! We may have both, one of them, or none of them when we camp. We also have a 7 yo daughter and who will eventually bring a friend when a bit older.
Also, the outdoor kitchen and bathroom door was the deciding factor in our purchase. We utilize both. Because of the roomy outdoor fridge, we don't have to bring extra coolers and replenish ice. We can store boat loads of pop/beer cans and extra eggs, cheese, salsa, meats, etc...because that is where my hubby cooks some breakfast items. I do some of it inside.
The bunkhouse works perfectly for us. I bring 2 hampers with us and they fit nicely against back wall when slide is out. They stay on bunks during transit. The closet under bunk holds alot of clothes, as does the one across from bathroom door. We hang clothes before we leave home and they stay on the hangers while moving. We have added alot of those plastic hooks to hold misc stuff like jackets and towels.
The pantry storage is phenomenal! I use bins to put our food items in to prevent moving around during transit and I can pull one out to get to what's in back. Very helpful with stuff on top shelf since I'm only 5'3".
We are very happy with both the furnace and A/C output. We have 13,500 one. The kids have closed the A/C vents in the back b/c it gets too cold for them. We haven't been in the hot Texas sun, but have endured some hot shadeless 90* plus temps with camper.
Best of all, I can easily drive it! I don't always have my hubby with me. He thinks a longer trailer is actually easier to drive than a shorter one. Less likely to fishtail when backing up. He's had alot of experience since we live on a farm and he also drives semi's for his family business.
I hope I've helped in making your decision. Feel free to ask more.
Old 04-07-2013, 11:19 AM   #5

Might want to check out the 32 TSBH as well. No outside kitchen, but the bunkhouse area is huge.
No TV since Tundra can't do it

krackeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 11:51 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by krackeer View Post
Might want to check out the 32 TSBH as well. No outside kitchen, but the bunkhouse area is huge.
2013 32TSBH are equipped with outdoor kitchens. We looked at the 2012 model and nixed it because of no outdoor kitchen. It is a very good floorplan, especially bunkhouse.
Old 04-07-2013, 01:06 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by CruizinKim View Post
2013 32TSBH are equipped with outdoor kitchens. We looked at the 2012 model and nixed it because of no outdoor kitchen. It is a very good floorplan, especially bunkhouse.
Even on the 2013 32TSBH, you still loose some(but not much) of the bunkhouse area due to the outdoor kitchen. Since we grill most of our meals and always have a cooler with ice and cold drinks, as well as 3 married daughters, 3 grand kids and a 16 year old at home(who likes to bring a friend)we needed all the indoor sleeping room we could get. I believe it sleeps up to 12, but with the small grand kids, we could probably go 14 or 15 using the larger lower bunks. Haven't had that many yet, but I suspect this summer could be the test!

Old 04-07-2013, 01:38 PM   #8

Thanks for the input guys. The 32 bhds we are looking at does have the outdoor kitchen. Most of our cooking will be outside on the grill so having a sink and refrigerator there we thought would be nice.
Any other ideals what we should be looking for ?
Old 04-07-2013, 01:52 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tile Guy View Post
Thanks for the input guys. The 32 bhds we are looking at does have the outdoor kitchen. Most of our cooking will be outside on the grill so having a sink and refrigerator there we thought would be nice.
Any other ideals what we should be looking for ?
I'd say an important one would be that your tow vehicle is capable (with safety) of pulling it. It is pretty heavy before adding all of our junk into it.
Also, will you be doing any extreme cold weather camping? Thermal pkg may benefit you.
Old 04-07-2013, 01:59 PM   #10

The 32bhds we are looking at has the thermal pkg. Also it is 50 amp with second ac unit and hide-a-bed.
The lot we have has no shade so we thought the second ac unit might be worth the cost. We are in Alabama
so mid to upper 90's with lots of humidity is common in July / August when we will be there the most.
Old 04-07-2013, 04:22 PM   #11

Quote:
The 32bhds we are looking at has the thermal pkg. Also it is 50 amp with second ac unit and hide-a-bed.
The lot we have has no shade so we thought the second ac unit might be worth the cost. We are in Alabama
so mid to upper 90's with lots of humidity is common in July / August when we will be there the most.
sounds nice, wish mine was 50 amp with a second ac unit.

Old 04-07-2013, 05:30 PM   #12

Krackeer, I notice you have a Tundra. Do you use it to tow your camper ? I have a 2011 Tundra with tow pkg also. While I won't
tow our camper often being on a leased lot, I could need to tow it if service work is needed. I am courious if the Tundra would
handle it.
Old 04-07-2013, 06:14 PM   #13
Site Team

Welcome to the user friendly Jayco Owners forum! Our members just love to answer questions or help out other members when possible and have fun sharing their experiences . They also love pictures of your RV, tow vehicles, and campsites!! So do not hesitate to post pics of your Jayco in the "Pics of your Jayco forum" and pics of your tow vehicle in the "Tow Vehicle forum".

Feel free to participate in our many fun polls (first thread in New Members forum has them all listed, second thread has more new member welcoming info). Post often, have fun with the forum, and enjoy your Jayco! (if ya get it)
Crabman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 02:44 AM   #14

Quote:
Krackeer, I notice you have a Tundra. Do you use it to tow your camper ? I have a 2011 Tundra with tow pkg also. While I won't
tow our camper often being on a leased lot, I could need to tow it if service work is needed. I am courious if the Tundra would
handle it.
No, my 2006 Tundra can't handle it. Mine is stored at the beach campground that we stay at. Don't know for sure about a 2011 Tundra. Might want to start another thread with truck and TT stats. You'll get an answer.