Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-30-2016, 03:46 PM   #21

And is it normal for ONLY the lights and bathroom fan to work when unplugged?
No tv, no outlets, ect...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
GregJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2016, 03:49 PM   #22

ps to that I have also always released the pressure on the valves first by opening hot and cold faucet with pump off before trying to turn the valves so they turn easier because they are plastic and I have heard of people breaking them trying to turn them
Old 04-30-2016, 04:17 PM   #23

I think so because they are 12volt. Remember that your unit has two systems. A 12 volt and a110.volt system. They each work independently of each other. If you have an electrical problem first determine which system, then trouble shoot.
ninjahbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2016, 04:36 PM   #24

I guess that explains why the radio works then. Must be a 12v head unit and speakers

Old 04-30-2016, 04:53 PM   #25
Site Team

Maybe a read of the owners manual. Lots of things in a new rig. It's good to know how they are powered. Some require both 12Vdv and 120vac, some work on either and others need one or the other.

There's loads of stuff to absorb and I hope we can help you. I just wonder how a dealer can sell a unit without showing the new owner a few things to get them started.
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2016, 07:36 PM   #26

They did, but it began to storm pretty bad as we got started, so we were kind of rushed through

Old 04-30-2016, 07:36 PM   #27

Old 04-30-2016, 09:57 PM   #28

New in Georgia 28BHBE

You mentioned it had the bedroom 2nd A/C. If you paid for the 2nd A/C in the bedroom from your pic I don't see it on the roof...
SouthCo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2016, 10:00 AM   #29

Ok so here is the story with that...still pretty pissed.

I found the trailer through RV Trader and inquired about more information that set me up with a salesman at Camping World.
Once we got to camping world, we went out to look at it, and it was exactly as the ad described.

We walked back inside to negotiate a price and ended up going back and forth with the bank for about 3 days. Once all the issues were worked out with the bank, we returned yesterday to finalize it all.

We spent about 3 hours signing our lives away, getting Good Sam, and getting insurance paid for.

They took my truck and installed the hitch, sway control, electronic brake controller, and leveled my truck to the trailer since it has a large lift on it.

Once it was time for orientation, I noticed it wasn't the same one.... The options missing were the 2nd AC unit, ladder, and kitchen skylight.

We argued for a bit, but once I got inside I realized that the one AC unit actually did a really good job since the roof is ducted. He told me that it was completely his fault and that he must've grabbed the wrong VIN after we originally looked at it. He said the price was still the same for the VIN we got, and it would be higher for the original trailer we looked at.

All in all, I just decided to go through with this one since it had already been a nightmare. I told him the only thing that I'd really like to have is the ladder since we will be going to Road Atlanta for a lot for races. He promised to order one and pay for the install out of his pocket.

Old 05-01-2016, 10:13 AM   #30

Just my thoughts but if you are thinking of going to the race and using the roof for observing the the race I would not. Just saying.
ninjahbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2016, 10:38 AM   #31

Wow... The original trailer you looked at had the full Elite package on it which provided you some nice upgrades plus the 2nd AC. I hate to say it but almost seems like a bait and switch.

I hope you only paid for what you got.
Did they give you a copy of the Jayco Build Sheet / Invoice for the camper you purchased matching your VIN number?

With all that said you will enjoy the camper as there is not anything it doesn't have that you absolutely need.

You should also make them, along with the Ladder, add on the large Grab handle for the main door, that was also part of the Elite package. It is cheap for them to do and is nice to have.
MIFL19H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2016, 10:46 AM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregJames View Post
Ok so here is the story with that...still pretty pissed.

I found the trailer through RV Trader and inquired about more information that set me up with a salesman at Camping World.
Once we got to camping world, we went out to look at it, and it was exactly as the ad described.

We walked back inside to negotiate a price and ended up going back and forth with the bank for about 3 days. Once all the issues were worked out with the bank, we returned yesterday to finalize it all.

We spent about 3 hours signing our lives away, getting Good Sam, and getting insurance paid for.

They took my truck and installed the hitch, sway control, electronic brake controller, and leveled my truck to the trailer since it has a large lift on it.

Once it was time for orientation, I noticed it wasn't the same one.... The options missing were the 2nd AC unit, ladder, and kitchen skylight.

We argued for a bit, but once I got inside I realized that the one AC unit actually did a really good job since the roof is ducted. He told me that it was completely his fault and that he must've grabbed the wrong VIN after we originally looked at it. He said the price was still the same for the VIN we got, and it would be higher for the original trailer we looked at.

All in all, I just decided to go through with this one since it had already been a nightmare. I told him the only thing that I'd really like to have is the ladder since we will be going to Road Atlanta for a lot for races. He promised to order one and pay for the install out of his pocket.

Yeah I'd be a little upset too. A lot of the ones on lots didn't have the 2nd A/C when I was looking. I just wanted to make sure you hadn't paid for it. At least you'll get ladder. That's a nice looking camper and truck setup you have there.
SouthCo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2016, 07:42 PM   #33

Yes. Once I found out, I told them to stop working on the truck and matched the VIN to the build sheets and insurance policy.
My sales guy seemed genuine when he found out and owned up to it.
I know I should've looked, but I was completely overwhelmed with everything that was going on.

Old 05-08-2016, 07:43 PM   #34

Does anyone know if there is a master power switch somewhere on this model?
I can't find one and the manual is pretty vague...
Since I've parked it, the battery has gone down 50%, but nothing has been left on

Old 05-08-2016, 08:02 PM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregJames View Post
Does anyone know if there is a master power switch somewhere on this model?
I can't find one and the manual is pretty vague...
Since I've parked it, the battery has gone down 50%, but nothing has been left on

No master switch. It sounds like you aren't plugged in at home, if you're not then there actually is something on: the propane leak detector and radio have draw even when off.

To eliminate this you need to unhook the battery. I mounted a Blue Sea mini switch to easily do this instead of unhooking the battery every time. Check my Mods Link for some pics.

'16 Jay Flight 32 BHDS ELITE 32 BHDS MODS Reese DC HP

WDH SET UP. HOW A WDH WORKS. CAT SCALE HOW TO.
need-a-vacation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2016, 08:03 PM   #36

That's what I was thinking! Thank you

Old 05-08-2016, 08:05 PM   #37

YW!!!

'16 Jay Flight 32 BHDS ELITE 32 BHDS MODS Reese DC HP

WDH SET UP. HOW A WDH WORKS. CAT SCALE HOW TO.
need-a-vacation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2016, 08:24 PM   #38

I have been told by numerous folks that the best way to get the ladder is to have it put on when the trailer is being built at the factory. When they do this, they put in stronger back plates to anchor the ladder to, whereas if the ladder is mounted after the trailer leaves the factory, it isn't near as strongly mounted.

Also, I put a on/off switch on my CO/Propane detector so when the trailer is parked at home, I turn the switch off and it don't drain the battery. I noticed a big difference in battery draw when it is left on. When we start loading the trailer to go out camping again, the first item on the checklist is the CO/Propane detector is ON!

2012 Ford Expedition EL
2016 28BHBE, Elite and Thermal Packages.
Equal-i-zer 4-point Sway Control, Southwire 34930 Surge Guard 30A, Tire Minder TPMS A1A
(2) Yamaha EF2000iS Generators, Micro-Air EasyStart™ 364 (3-ton) Soft Start, Garmin RV 890, GoodYear Endurance ST225/75-15 Load Range E
RAurand is offline   Reply With Quote