Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-21-2013, 12:47 PM   #1

New Jayco 26BH in VA

We just purchased a brand new 2013 Jayco 26BH. We have been tent camping with our two children for that last couple of summers to gauge there interest in camping before taking the leap and buying a camper. We discussed getting a pop up or a hybrid but the more we looked into the maintenance we decided to go with the travel trailer. We are extremely happy with our purchase and looking forwarded to our first trip in a couple of weeks. I am looking forward to all the valuable information that this forum has to offer.
jtaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 01:01 PM   #2

Welcome to JOF, neighbor ! Congratulations on your new 26BH, and I'm sure you will have many good camping years with it, and many wonderful memories to make. Where in Virginia are you from ? We are located near Luray, in the Shenandoah Valley. If you're ever in our neighborhood, we'd like to meet you. Please post often, and how about some pics of your new unit for the rest of us to enjoy when you can.
Retired at last !

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.
tinlizzie23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 01:05 PM   #3

Welcome to the forum! Your experience with tent camping with the kids is very similar to what my wife and I experienced and discussed before buying our 26BH a few weeks ago. Any modifications or upgrades on your list yet?
Iraqvet05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 01:38 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinlizzie23 View Post
Welcome to JOF, neighbor ! Congratulations on your new 26BH, and I'm sure you will have many good camping years with it, and many wonderful memories to make. Where in Virginia are you from ? We are located near Luray, in the Shenandoah Valley. If you're ever in our neighborhood, we'd like to meet you. Please post often, and how about some pics of your new unit for the rest of us to enjoy when you can.
I live in Grottoes which puts us about a hour apart. We have been looking at the Jellystone Park in Luray We are planning on camping at least 1 weekend a month through October so we will be out and about. I do not have any mods planned at them moment. A buddy of mine used the accessory wire form the 7-pin connection to hook up fog lights under his camper pointing towards the tires. He says it is great to see what's behind you in the dark. So if I do anything to the camper in the near future this would be it. The camper came with pretty much every option you can think of and until we use it a few times i won't know what little issues might come up that I will want to work on. Thanks for the quick replies.
Old 03-21-2013, 09:44 PM   #5

Welcome to the JOF jtaylor! Neat that your kids could do the tent camping for a first experience. To this day, I still reminisce on early camping fun when I smell canvas or nylon (actually, our kids said the same thing as their first camping was done in a tent) LOL. Congrats on the new tt and enjoy all the happy new camping memories you will make with your family
Denise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 01:04 PM   #6
Site Team

Welcome from extreme Eastern Va.!

Welcome to the user friendly Jayco Owners forum! Our members just love to answer questions or help out other members when possible and have fun sharing their experiences . They also love pictures of your RV, tow vehicles, and campsites!! So do not hesitate to post pics of your Jayco in the "Pics of your Jayco forum" and pics of your tow vehicle in the "Tow Vehicle forum".

Feel free to participate in our many fun polls (first thread in New Members forum has them all listed, second thread has more new member welcoming info). Post often, have fun with the forum, and enjoy your Jayco!
Crabman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 07:28 PM   #7

Our first trip out in our New Jayco Jayflight 26bh. We are having a great time other than the fact that it is now sleeting outside. The forecast for the rest of the week looks great though. We are very please with the new camper. It's raining / sleeting outside and we are laying on the bed with the kids watching a movie. Doesn't get better than this.

Click image for larger version

Name:	13 - 1.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	36.7 KB
ID:	7144
Old 04-04-2013, 07:56 PM   #8

Great memories have already started with the upgrade from tent camping! Glad to hear the maiden voyage went well
Denise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 08:06 PM   #9

Congrats!!!
and..
don't forget ... Pictures, lots of pictures!
https://3dogsandacamper.tumblr.com
Boubou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 08:32 PM   #10
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtaylor View Post
Our first trip out in our New Jayco Jayflight 26bh. We are having a great time other than the fact that it is now sleeting outside. The forecast for the rest of the week looks great though. We are very please with the new camper. It's raining / sleeting outside and we are laying on the bed with the kids watching a movie. Doesn't get better than this.

Attachment 7144
Sweet new rig.
Looks like a great CG and you guys had the place to yourselves.

happy camping.
Doug

Cape Coral, Florida
2021 Toyota Tundra SR5, 5.7 V8
2022 Jayco 240RBS
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 04:18 AM   #11

Welcome from Central Virginia and congratulations on your new Jayco.

"Roughing it Cheaply"
Albums:
https://www.jaycoowners.com/album.php?u=3163
Boss Wagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 07:05 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by dougtoms01 View Post
Sweet new rig.
Looks like a great CG and you guys had the place to yourselves.
We are staying at the Natural Chimney's Campground in Mt. Solon VA. So far there are only about a dozen campers here and it is nice and peaceful. The sun is out this morning and it looks like it's going to be a nice day. Should be able to get some more pictures now the the weather seems to be cooperating.
Old 05-28-2013, 12:52 PM   #13

Thumbs up

I'm a little behind on posting so here are a few pics from our trip to Shenandoah Valley Campground in May. This was our second trip in our new camper and we love it even more. We are heading back to Natural Chimney's this weekend for some more fun. Suppose to be in the 90's so I guess this will be our first trip using the AC instead of the heat. Hope everyone is enjoying the season so far.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Verona May 2013 (82).jpg
Views:	14
Size:	91.3 KB
ID:	8214Click image for larger version

Name:	Verona May 2013 (1).jpg
Views:	14
Size:	75.1 KB
ID:	8213Click image for larger version

Name:	Verona May 2013 (118).jpg
Views:	13
Size:	62.4 KB